United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2020, 06:01 AM
jem

not a priority, given how many similar players we have. need a defensive midfielder or two and a proper centre forward and a winger with more than pace. he's not exactly the new gascoigne anyway. cool hair, though.

Unread 02-03-2020, 07:21 AM
Patty_b

Good player but we need a sitting midfielder, also agree on the rank haircut.

I'd sell De Gea and Pogba and use the money raised on Neves. Don't care how much it costs, world record if needs be. He's one of the best sitting midfielders in the world and he's only 22. Captained the biggest team in Portugal at 19 or sommit. Ridiculous player. Him and Bruno in midfield

Unread 02-03-2020, 08:30 AM
windy waffles

I do like Grealish but where is he going to play with Bruno pulling the strings?

Agree with treefiddy and others, if we were to sign any midfielder to come in and immediately do a job, it's got to be be Ruben Neves.

Unread 02-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I do like Grealish but where is he going to play with Bruno pulling the strings?

Agree with treefiddy and others, if we were to sign any midfielder to come in and immediately do a job, it's got to be be Ruben Neves.
Grealish is more than capable of playing in midfield, as is Fernandes. We need more creativity as we are badly lacking it. Problem is we have glaring weaknesses throughout the side. A RW, CM and CF all need buying. And you could probably add another 3 others to that

Unread 02-03-2020, 09:59 AM
DuanePipe

Grealish is Lidl version of Bruno Fernandes. Having him means you either want him to play in a two (he's bang average at that) or make Bruno sit deeper (why would you do that???). I supposes if you were to dispose of Lingard, Pereira & Gomes then buying Grealish gives you more squad quality. So it'd make sense in that scenario.

Neves has had more goals from outside the box in his Wolves career than touches of the ball inside the opponent's box. He's played pretty much his entire career as part of a two, with Saiss in the Championship and Moutinho in the Premier League.

Still amazed none of the big dogs made a move for him at Porto. It's not like he was an unheard of youngster. He was captaining them in the Champions League at 19.

Any way, seeing as nobody asked, this is my favourite goal he's scored for Wolves. Doesn't get the same airtime as the one he got against Derby, but it's a better goal. The camera angle from behind the goal pleases me on an aesthetic level.

Unread 02-03-2020, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Agree....don’t think he’d bring anything to the side at the moment

Also, not keen on his haircut
Pogba doing stupid haircuts was a real giveaway, nqat.

Unread 29-03-2020, 07:32 PM
utd99

AWOL. Mail hinting foul play.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...shed-cars.html

Unread 29-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Pop

Quote:
An image of a man resembling Jack Grealish, wearing slippers, circulated on social media, claiming he was nearby the incident
Looks more like Hummels ffs.

Unread 29-03-2020, 07:51 PM
utd99

Givenchy hoody, cotton shorts, socks with furry slippers?

OFF!

Unread 29-03-2020, 07:55 PM
armchair

an absolute haircut of a player

Unread 29-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Ethers

He’s an absolute helmet.

Unread 29-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The matching slipper is under the arm of his interlocuteur.

He shall go to the ball!

But nowhere £#%&!ing near our club.

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:16 PM
red in cumbria

What a plonker.

Unread 02-07-2020, 08:27 PM
armchair

Let him get lost in the city squad.

Unread 02-07-2020, 10:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Let him get lost in the city squad.
Who knows, they might loan him back to Villa.

Unread 02-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Switching Off

Completely changed my mind on him. Useless.

Unread 03-07-2020, 11:01 PM
Swagger

Absolute fuckbucket. Steer well clear.

Unread 05-07-2020, 04:10 PM
armchair

Souness:

“When I was playing, I would not want to be the most fouled player in the Premier League.

"That means I’m holding on to the ball for too long. It means I’m not seeing the picture early enough, taking an extra touch when I don’t need to. It means you’re not seeing the picture quick enough.

"There’s no doubt about it. Yeah, he’s got ability. He’s silky on the eye, but I’m yet to be convinced by him. When I was being coached at our club Liverpool, I was told that I made the strikers’ mind up. With my body movement, the way I get the ball out of my feet, I’m making them run before I even kick the ball.

"I just think anyone who gets tackled that much, and draws that many fouls, is not seeing the picture quick enough. Would I have liked to play against him? I would’ve loved to play against him. Get physical with him. I wouldn’t like to play against Paul Scholes, he’s too quick. Xavi, Iniesta, popping it off one or two touches."

Unread 09-07-2020, 07:37 PM
est.1878

Almost as over rated as pogba. An aldi David Bentley (double royalties to bunks)

Unread 09-07-2020, 08:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Pirouetting Ponce.
Closed Thread