United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
They will drop some points but city will drop more. Starting at Palace.
Yep

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Even if they weren't to win it from here the £#%&!ing berts' points total means coming second to them hardly constitutes bottling it.

We'd cannibalise a nun for the season they're having and all we get are constant reminders of what a Sisyphean task trying to get our own shit together is. That's what's really painful.
True. But I'd definitely like it to be generally viewed as a bottle-job. That or endless harping back to the ball on the line at City.

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
They will drop some points but city will drop more. Starting at Palace.
City will annihilate Crystal Palace.

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
City will annihilate Crystal Palace.
City have won 21 of their last 22 games and people got them dropping points all over the shop to vindicate their shithousery

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
City have won 21 of their last 22 games and people got them dropping points all over the shop to vindicate their shithousery
Due some dropped points then aren't they?

And nobody is saying all over the shop. I think they draw two of their last few games. Not major, but enough to be pipped.

We all know what they're capable of. Nobody is douting that. They're the best team in the league. By some way too, but their Achilles heel is dropping daft points out of nowhere when things aren't going their way.

Newcastle, Leicester, Palace all really careless defeats.

Liverpool are turning those games in to wins . They've played well for probably about a third of their games.... but they just keep £#%&!ing winning and that's all that matters at this stage.

They're gonna win it and half the people on here are gonna be scratching their heads wondering how.

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Buck

I think we'll beat City

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Due some dropped points then aren't they?

And nobody is saying all over the shop. I think they draw two of their last few games. Not major, but enough to be pipped.

We all know what they're capable of. Nobody is douting that. They're the best team in the league. By some way too, but their Achilles heel is dropping daft points out of nowhere when things aren't going their way.

Newcastle, Leicester, Palace all really careless defeats.

Liverpool are turning those games in to wins . They've played well for probably about a third of their games.... but they just keep £#%&!ing winning and that's all that matters at this stage.

They're gonna win it and half the people on here are gonna be scratching their heads wondering how.
Just messing a bit pal. I still fancy City because for all the talk of winning dirty leading to titles, I would favour the team who are actually playing the better stuff and not getting away with it every week. Unfortunately this will probably go to the wire and be decided by something silly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if City won all of their remaining games. The level of their dominance in most matches is like nothing I've seen in this league. Spurs will take a fair bit out of them in those European ties though.

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Just messing a bit pal. I still fancy City because for all the talk of winning dirty leading to titles, I would favour the team who are actually playing the better stuff and not getting away with it every week. Unfortunately this will probably go to the wire and be decided by something silly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if City won all of their remaining games. The level of their dominance in most matches is like nothing I've seen in this league. Spurs will take a fair bit out of them in those European ties though.
Don't disagree with your assessment of City, I just feel they are prone to error. Complacency, perhaps.

Spurs will take a lot out of them and so will the fa cup. They'll win them, but they won't be easy game. Something will give somewhere along the line. I suspect it will be the league.

Unread 06-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Kent Brockman

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:11 PM
puressence

Good result

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
They'll bottle it.
City will drop around 6 points, so Liverpool bottling it could still scrape over the line.

Teams who bottle it early, as Liverpool did in January or so, and get a second chance usually don’t bottle it again.

Unread 06-04-2019, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Even if they weren't to win it from here the £#%&!ing berts' points total means coming second to them hardly constitutes bottling it
Whoever comes second could well match (or even beat) the 95 point mark that was the record for league *winners* (Chelsea in 2004/05) before last season.

That doesn't say much for the strength in depth of the "best league in the world" does it now?
Closed Thread