United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
View Poll Results: Who will win?
United 38 73.08%
Spurs 4 7.69%
Draw 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:07 PM
jem

I don't want jo-mo to be the new fergie. but the occasional swash of his buckler wouldn't go amiss.

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:09 PM
plopborsky

wet the bed reds

AK14, Sparky***, Spock, TheFatGoth

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
wet the bed reds

Shut up you daft bastard

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:48 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Shut up you daft bastard

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Top red (Hazza, not you etc)

Unread 30-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 30-10-2017, 04:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
wet the bed reds

TheFatGoth
Reds?

Unread 30-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the football in fergie's later years was absolute shite. as was said loudly and often.
Yeah, but some revisionism set in once moyes and van gal took over. And now with Mourinho.

Unread 30-10-2017, 06:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the football in fergie's later years was absolute shite. as was said loudly and often.
Not least by your good self

Unread 30-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Nonsense. He's started virtually every game this season until he got injured.
ffs.

Quote:
Neither of those sides had their best player and goal scoring threat available, and yet Mourinho still anti-footballed them both
Will never be good enough. I rest my case

Unread 30-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
ffs.

Will never be good enough. I rest my case
You continually sniped at Fergie over his last couple of years for the football and standard of entertainment. Fair enough, but why are you then defending Mourinho playing in the fashion he does?

From my opinion even Fergie's dullest football in that time was not even close to how rancid some of the stuff that Mou has played, and was positively sparkling in comparison to LVG.

Unread 30-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
You continually sniped at Fergie over his last couple of years for the football and standard of entertainment. Fair enough, but why are you then defending Mourinho playing in the fashion he does?

From my opinion even Fergie's dullest football in that time was not even close to how rancid some of the stuff that Mou has played, and was positively sparkling in comparison to LVG.
RvP glossed over a lot of shite in his last season. That City game in 2012 was disgusting.
12/13, Everton, Chelsea in the FA Cup, West Ham in the cup, needing an offside goal and 2 red cards to beat 9 man Chelsea, Swansea away, Spurs away, City at home and that's just off the top of my head. Absolute dogshit performances.

Not saying it was better or worse than the stuff Mourinho has served up so far....LvG though...

Unread 30-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Spock

Quote:
wet the bed reds

reverse curse innit

Unread 30-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
RvP glossed over a lot of shite in his last season. That City game in 2012 was disgusting.
12/13, Everton, Chelsea in the FA Cup, West Ham in the cup, needing an offside goal and 2 red cards to beat 9 man Chelsea, Swansea away, Spurs away, City at home and that's just off the top of my head. Absolute dogshit performances.

Not saying it was better or worse than the stuff Mourinho has served up so far....LvG though...
That team was at the end of its cycle towards the end of Ferie's time tbf. Given the absolute state of them the following season, it is amazing he got them to the title by such a massive margin

Unread 30-10-2017, 08:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
reverse curse innit
Exactly

Unread 30-10-2017, 08:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
We pissed all over them for most of that game tbf, it was hardly "dogshit" overall even if allowing them back into it was distinctly embarrassing.

Unread 30-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Do you know that Utd scored more goals, 89, the previous season than that year with RVP, 86, and had the same points total?

In terms of structure of play, fluency, tempo, they were not on par with some of his best teams but Fergie always had that willingness to gamble to push for a win. When Mourinho complains about the other team not changing their shape making it impossible for him to be proactive it contrasts poorly with Fergie's attitude.

That City game away was terrible and what I remember is the shock across the football media at how unambitious Utd were. No shots on target, that just did not happen with Fergie's Utd. The Everton and Wigan games were the killer that year though.

Post 2008 Utd were operating under a different kind of financial pressure. It was the value era, there was uncertainty over the debt, barely a week could go by on here without people speculating over the death of the club. He did not have the opportunity to break world transfer records and then play a double full back formation against the first competent team he played.

Unread 30-10-2017, 10:01 PM
MUFC One Love

Hang on Alan, Mourinho "anti-footballed" the Spurs game? We were playing one of the best sides in the league even without their best player, they decided to play for a point and not force the game. Utd, low on confidence still created some half decent chances. Make no mistake, Pogba transforms this team, we badly miss his ability to hold the ball and turn. He's a big influence in such an important part of the pitch.

Unread 30-10-2017, 10:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We pissed all over them for most of that game tbf, it was hardly "dogshit" overall even if allowing them back into it was distinctly embarrassing.
Yep. Loved that game tbh. They had 2 sent off because that's the only way they could stop us, bringing down people as last man etc.

Unread 30-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hang on Alan, Mourinho "anti-footballed" the Spurs game? We were playing one of the best sides in the league even without their best player, they decided to play for a point and not force the game. Utd, low on confidence still created some half decent chances. Make no mistake, Pogba transforms this team, we badly miss his ability to hold the ball and turn. He's a big influence in such an important part of the pitch.
There was only one team who lacked ambition on Saturday and it wasn't us, we went two up front against one of the best defences in the league and particularly in the second half were the only ones looking for the win. Spurs had once chance (which they created out of nothing), they played a utility man up front leaving Llorente on the bench and set up not to lose, as evidenced by an inability to create anything even after going a goal down.

When we are unambitious like at Anfield by all means call it out but constantly looking for a negative football angle, even after a deserved win against a title rival is bizarre.