United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Yup reeks of it. The original “press leak” was by a Spanish journalist no?

They know Man Utd can be used, didn’t stop murtough and Arnold actually flying all the way over to Barcelona like a pair of wallies .

All this on the insistence of Ten Hag though, I said a while ago this was a high risk move so early on Eric’s managerial career, has he been conned by de Jong?

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
All this on the insistence of Ten Hag though, I said a while ago this was a high risk move so early on Eric’s managerial career, has he been conned by de Jong?
So that's Murtough, Arnold and De Jong that have conned him? Gotta hope Arnautovic is being sincere when he says he prefers us to Bologna

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Tbh it’s hard to say. I would like to think ETH had multiple targets . The FDJ deal wouldn’t be so bad if he had a striker, another CM /RB In the mean time.

It’s like they focused on one target , didn’t get it now are panicking and going for rubbish has been players who both come with baggage.

I don’t think this one is on ETH. There’s a chance idiot number 1 (Arnold) and idiot number 2 (murtough) kept assuring him the deal would be done. I don’t know what extent players can talk to other managers so who knows if de jong and ETH even had conversations. Aren’t there football laws regarding tapping up players and such?

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:36 PM
dunk

Tbt, the stance from FDJ has been the same from day 1. He’s stays at Barca.

Talk that Chelsea rang him recently and he told them exactly the same. He’s going to see out his contract at Barca.

Seems like he’s telling Barca the same as they’re resorting to legal action to try and force him out if that contract is legit, then he has all the rights and can Winston Bogarde them and just stay put until every cent is paid.

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:41 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
and can Winston Bogarde them

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:51 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Aren’t there football laws regarding tapping up players and such?
A very good point but once the complexity of the deferred wages became apparent the fact we didn’t move to other targets then seemed solely down to assurances given to ETH by de Jong.
The agreed fee came after if I’m not mistaken and should have convinced everyone when it didn’t work.
Erik was still saying “we want frenkie” last week.

Unread 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
A very good point but once the complexity of the deferred wages became apparent the fact we didn’t move to other targets then seemed solely down to assurances given to ETH by de Jong.
The agreed fee came after if I’m not mistaken and should have convinced everyone when it didn’t work.
Erik was still saying “we want frenkie” last week.
No, he wasn’t. He was asking “we want Frenkie?” as in “who told you that?”, after the reporter asked questions about FDJ presuming it was common knowledge we are after him. He’s said several times that he won’t discuss players under contract at other clubs, so he’s not suddenly going to just blurt out that we want him.

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:00 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, he wasn’t. He was asking “we want Frenkie?” as in “who told you that?”, after the reporter asked questions about FDJ presuming it was common knowledge we are after him. He’s said several times that he won’t discuss players under contract at other clubs, so he’s not suddenly going to just blurt out that we want him.
Not sure what you are saying here
The planet knows FDJ has been our primary target this summer,
Perhaps I’m setting to much store in Bunk’s assurances.

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Not sure what you are saying here
The planet knows FDJ has been our primary target this summer,
Perhaps I’m setting to much store in Bunk’s assurances.
Exactly what it says: That ETH didn’t say “we want Frenkie”.

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:20 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Exactly what it says: That ETH didn’t say “we want Frenkie”.
Yes don’t know what conference some profess to have watched. ETH was asked how FDJ was going and he sheepishly said “We want Frenkie?” In a questioning way

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:26 PM
NedKelly

The “we want Frenkie” debate is a good way of separating the optimists and the pessimists of the forum imo.

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:28 PM
dinger

We’re at the battered wife stage now, selective hearing and listening. This has been one huge embarrassment

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:31 PM
Chris Quayd

There are small clubs and there are clubs that have not yet realized they are small clubs

Unread 08-08-2022, 06:36 PM
dunk

The dippers realised it and started buying potential fully aware they’d have to cash in at some point, now they don’t have to.

Another few years for us yet.

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:12 PM
AK14

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tbt, the stance from FDJ has been the same from day 1. He’s stays at Barca.

Talk that Chelsea rang him recently and he told them exactly the same. He’s going to see out his contract at Barca.

Seems like he’s telling Barca the same as they’re resorting to legal action to try and force him out if that contract is legit, then he has all the rights and can Winston Bogarde them and just stay put until every cent is paid.
Him and his agent havent said a word since this whole thing started. That tells you everything about what they think of Barca. And now they are talking about a legal challenge. No way he remains there.

Guy is a bluffer who knows nothing.

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Dr Stranger

I can’t believe that even we are dumb enough to prioritise a player and negotiate for 3 months if we know they don’t want to come. We must have had some assurance that he’d be willing to come.

A better prospect coming in for him is another story. If Chelsea really want him, they’ll get him.

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:27 PM
silv

Quote:
I can’t believe that even we are dumb enough to prioritise a player and negotiate for 3 months if we know they don’t want to come. We must have had some assurance that he’d be willing to come.

A better prospect coming in for him is another story. If Chelsea really want him, they’ll get him.
It's the same old shit mate. Every year we get something like this when the board don't fancy spending. It's to keep us distracted whilst they sign some absolute turnips

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:32 PM
saffers

Quote:

Chelsea is not a better prospect than United.

If Solskjaer was still here yes. But we have just hired a new manager who has the potential to put this team back on top.

Even with Solskjaer here we are still the biggest club in England hence still being able to pull the likes of Varane, Sancho last summer.

Unread 09-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Guy is a bluffer who knows nothing.
Closed Thread