United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You just said the team he selected needs to be changed

He completely £#%&!ed that from the interview before the game when he said Erikssen was a good choice as forward, Ronaldo wasn’t ready until he needed him. Right through to the 90th minute when he makes three completely pointless subs.
It’s a big step up and Utd would test any manager right now.

Only patience can help now.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not playing a balanced team was a mistake. can't remember the last time we didn't make it.
I agree totally, but having an actual striker is part of having a balanced team imo (I know you’re not Ronnie’s biggest fan these days). Like saffers said though, was a political decision as much as it was a footballing decision.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:09 PM
shenwen

Not the worst second half ever. Donny played well for the short time he was on. Low bar but should replace McT from here on. Actually looks like he can play football at least.

Like the cut of Martinez and Eriksen played well from deep. The rest? Same as last season, which isn't good. If we are going to rebuild, it helps to have some new materials. Constant failures such as McT, Rashford and Fred can't be tolerated. Amazed that Rashford was still on the pitch. Thought he'd been taken off.

Also, let's start with a striker next game eh? Might help.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
There's someone out there, wearing a shirt and running around. Just a shell of a footballer.

Him and Shaw barely made a forward pass all game.
I mean, Rashford is the one I am actually sad about. Was sceptical at the time, but looks like those who warned his extra-curricular activities wouldn't help his form on the pitch were correct

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
There's someone out there, wearing a shirt and running around. Just a shell of a footballer.

Him and Shaw barely made a forward pass all game.
He was terrible

If the new lad is half decent then Shaw will be out of the side by October.

So sick of the fat lard wobbling around the pitch for 90 mins. That moment when Welbeck was chasing the ball down and tubs was just wondering waddling back.

As for Rashford

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:10 PM
marlo

we need to spend about 80m before the seasons ends imo.

A 30m defensive midfielder from the French league , there’s DEFINATELY one floating around in there.
A 50m forward in the sterling/zaha mode that can run with the ball commit players and also score because rashford is going to continue to be shit.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:11 PM
dunk

£80m

£200m more like.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So sick of the fat lard wobbling around the pitch for 90 mins.
Yeah Maguire needs to go.

guerreiro

I’d still have AWB over Dalot. Whilst he can’t attack very well, at least he can defend. Dalot is just crap at everything.

Biggest worry though is Ten Hag (admittedly first game), that starting formation and sub timing was horrific. Would have like to see him looking angrier as well, what’s the point of a full bald head if you’re not intimidating.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:12 PM
believe

Nice to see the really bad spelling Marlo has the log in again, it’s been a while.

Might give they womens league a go next week tbh

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
He was terrible

If the new lad is half decent then Shaw will be out of the side by October.

So sick of the fat lard wobbling around the pitch for 90 mins. That moment when Welbeck was chasing the ball down and tubs was just wondering waddling back.

As for Rashford
"I'm not running unless i absolutely have to.... shit!"

October? How about early August? Get Nacho and Malacia in now.

tatty

FDJ (or another) plus Eriksen would be a massive improvement in midfield.

Plus a striker and we would be unrecognisable I think.

Ethers

Harsh having a go at ETH for the sub timing imo, opening games in the Eredivisie last 100 minutes, weird little quirk the crazy Dutch £#%&!ers have.

He’ll get it right next time.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Dr Stranger

The McFred problem was clearly the biggest issue at the club (along with many). It absolutely kills us. Exposes the defence and isolates the attack. They’re technically inadequate, impulsive and a bit thick. Their tenacity and work rate is their best quality. That’s league one stuff.

If you’d have told me we’d start the first game of the season with those two, I’d have been stunned.

The Scottish Player was especially awful. having a distinct way of playing is going to expose players who simply can’t execute it. The Scottish Player tops that list. His passing is limited, his touch is erratic and his reading of the game off the ball is poor. Absolute kryptonite to a midfielder in this kind of set up and style.

He should have been sent off in the first half and it all stemmed from his own clumsy, heavy touch.

I £#%&!ing hate De Gea.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:15 PM
saffers

He learnt the harsh way, the fact that he subbed out both Fred and McTommers tells you something will be different next week.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
"I'm not running unless i absolutely have to.... shit!"

October? How about early August? Get Nacho and Malacia in now.
I was being generous tbf

He’s awful though. Needs selling asap imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we need to spend about 80m before the seasons ends imo.

A 30m defensive midfielder from the French league , there’s DEFINATELY one floating around in there.
A 50m forward in the sterling/zaha mode that can run with the ball commit players and also score because rashford is going to continue to be shit.
Sangare at psv shouldn’t cost the world
That young red bull striker

Loan market?

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I was being generous tbf

He’s awful though. Needs selling asap imo
Forget selling. Rashford. Martial. Shaw. AWB. The unsellables. All put on mad contracts by a previous regime.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:19 PM
Dr Stranger

There’s a handful of players that were always going to get a chance, but the spotlight is right on them.

Rashford
Shaw
Maguire
The Scottish Player
Fred
Martial
DDG

They’re at the heart of our really bad habits and all featured in our bad moments today (apart from Martial, obviously)

All in ‘last chance saloon’ IMO. ETH is never gonna say it because we need them for now, but they must step up or they’re out the door. Some have their replacements at the club already. I don’t expect any of them to do it.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:19 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Sangare at psv shouldn’t cost the world
Signed a new contract yesterday

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It was disappointing, but crazy to say it was worse than last year or there weren’t any promising signs tbh.

No surprise to see the lads who apparently were up for a 2/3 year rebuild pissing their knickers after one competitive game though
A rebuild doesn't necessarily involve getting run through time and time again. At home no less.

Put it this way. If we make the same type and volume of mistakes in future matches we will likely finish in the upper mid-table. And nobody signed up for that.