United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:11 AM
AK14

Default ETH unhappy with forward options

In other words- “we’ve missed out on our number one target, but will now look to save face and pretend we didn’t want him anyway because we’ve changed our transfer strategy and have now put a forward at the top of the list”

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:12 AM
windy waffles

Bet he wishes he had a cooling off period in his contract.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:12 AM
Lok

I can't wait to read who we're going to have a good look at.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I can't wait to read who we're going to have a good look at.
"It's...Jamie Vardy!"

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:16 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
"It's...Jamie Vardy!"

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:17 AM
marlo

proven options means.....NOT ELANGA

everyone knew the guy needed to wheel and deal this summer.

Man City and Liverpool got their business done before the players had even gone on their holidays but we waited for this mythical July 1st while chasing a player that doesn't even want to come.

we needed a few plates spinning at the same time. 3/4 forwards should have been brought in. exit deals done for jones and Telles and the young players we know won't feature. yet none of this has been done.

as I said a month ago we seem to the only club that cant target a player, negotiate and buy him. its always this drawn out saga. Sancho, Maguire, de Jong.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Man City and Liverpool got their business done before the players had even gone on their holidays but we waited for this mythical July 1st while chasing a player that doesn't even want to come.

we needed a few plates spinning at the same time. 3/4 forwards should have been brought in. exit deals done for jones and Telles and the young players we know won't feature. yet none of this has been done.

as I said a month ago we seem to the only club that cant target a player, negotiate and buy him. its always this drawn out saga. Sancho, Maguire, de Jong.
We're an absolute farce.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:20 AM
AK14

Quote:

Difficult to disagree with that.

We’re a shambles.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:22 AM
roy acorn

Ings.. or another old timer.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:24 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Need 1 forward only. Sancho, Rashford, Bruno, Ericksen, Martial will get goals. Rest players in domestic cups - also got the WC break.. Rb & Cm have always been the materially important positions to fix.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:50 AM
silv

It's only 3rd August

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:55 AM
marlo

I feel for ETH.

instead of ceo to be getting things done he is too busy playing 'I'm a good guy' to the fans groups.

would rather was abroad signing players than having a drink in the pub with fans this summer.

instead of bringing in football men from this era into the fold he goes and gets saf to come for some meet and greets.

perfecto.

Unread 03-08-2022, 11:56 AM
dunk

Me too Erik, me too.

Unread 03-08-2022, 12:16 PM
believe

Wow sounds like Erik’s a genius just like the last fella.

Unread 03-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Ronny

Glazers mug off the fans again….

Surprising?

Unread 03-08-2022, 12:59 PM
Wayne Jenkins

So this is where we end up with another Cavani-style desperation signing two games into the season.

Absolute joke that we haven't signed anyone. We need a wide forward and a striker, and once again we've left it to the last minute.

Unread 03-08-2022, 01:37 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
So this is where we end up with another Cavani-style desperation signing two games into the season.

Absolute joke that we haven't signed anyone. We need a wide forward and a striker, and once again we've left it to the last minute.
its happen literally 2 years in a row.

ighalo and then Cavani.

Unread 03-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Stickman

Marlo nailing it.

Unread 03-08-2022, 01:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
its happen literally 2 years in a row.

ighalo and then Cavani.
Ighalo was January wasn’t he? So twice in 8 months

3 times in 18 months if we include Ronaldo..

Unread 03-08-2022, 02:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

For about a decade now the same old story. Sack manager, hire new manager, have shit scouts. Recruitment go after one player at a time. Recruitment lingers, recruitment fails to get correct players.

Manager is shafted, players will down tools , board backs players, manager gets sacked. Already seeing signs of it with the whole “players were allowed to leave early “ brief that ETH has quashed

Honestly. The thing about bringing in SAF aswell the club does absolute everything in its power to do every little thing apart from actually try to become one of the best football teams in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ighalo was January wasn’t he? So twice in 8 months

3 times in 18 months if we include Ronaldo..
You could count 4 if Ronaldo leaves and they panic buy a striker to replace him in the next few weeks.

This is all ontop of the need to sign a competent CM.

Sancho gets injured we have no one to replace the RW

Rashford has been £#%&! on the left, but if he gets injured we have no LW replacement . ETH better have a look at his notice period. I’m sure it’s shorter for terms that are smaller than three months.

It’s only June though….
Closed Thread