United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Switching Off

Cool Ole's press conference

Will attack Spurs but it'll be harder than recent games, so got to be ready to take chances when they come along

If we want to go ahead of Spurs we need a good performance and a good result

Kane is fantastic, one of the best in the world. But I have two strikers I love working with

Poch has done a very good job, that's why he's being linked with United. Not my place to comment

Rojo back in Argentina. No idea how long

Pogba back up to speed and will be fit for Sunday

Dubai was good, 4 good days of training. We Put a few principles down and the players worked hard and enjoyed working hard

Unread 10-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Will attack Spurs but it'll be harder than recent games, so got to be ready to take chances when they come along

If we want to go ahead of Spurs we need a good performance and a good result

Kane is fantastic, one of the best in the world. But I have two strikers I love working with

Poch has done a very good job, that's why he's being linked with United. Not my place to comment

Rojo back in Argentina. No idea how long

Pogba back up to speed and will be fit for Sunday

Dubai was good, 4 good days of training. We Put a few principles down and the players worked hard and enjoyed working hard
3, surely?

Unread 10-01-2019, 09:35 PM
naes_sean

Unread 10-01-2019, 11:25 PM
utd99

‘Right, what can I say to get the fans even more onside...’

Joke. Love Ole.

Unread 11-01-2019, 12:08 AM
MagnificentSeven

first genuine test under ole. it's been great so far but this is the sort of game which we really judge our managers by.

but tbh, it's been a while since we last played a big team and i've been confident of a win. no more of this "a draw wouldn't be a bad result" attitude, i think we can £#%&!ing do them.

Unread 11-01-2019, 12:18 AM
tatty

If we turn up and give them a game then i'll be happy.

Unread 11-01-2019, 12:35 AM
Sparky***

As much as Ole's attitude is great, along with the undoubted confidence he has given to our forwards and more positive play in general... he's not a magician. Unfortunately the assortment of braindead clowns we have in defence aren't up to keeping a clean sheet against anyone, let alone a very good Spurs team away from home.

It won't surprise any of you on here to know I firmly expect us to be beaten, not only because Spurs are better than us at the moment but because this has become a real bogey fixture for us. We haven't beaten Spurs away in 8 years.

The last 3 times we've gone to Spurs we've been comprehensively swatted aside by them with little fuss, managing just one goal and compared to their 7.

I'd like to think we'll put up a better show than the last 3 gutless surrenders we've had to endure at their place (along with the 0-3 horror show at old trafford in August) but I really don't think we have a decent enough defence to go and win away at top teams at the moment.

Unread 11-01-2019, 01:10 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As much as Ole's attitude is great, along with the undoubted confidence he has given to our forwards and more positive play in general... he's not a magician. Unfortunately the assortment of braindead clowns we have in defence aren't up to keeping a clean sheet against anyone, let alone a very good Spurs team away from home.

It won't surprise any of you on here to know I firmly expect us to be beaten, not only because Spurs are better than us at the moment but because this has become a real bogey fixture for us. We haven't beaten Spurs away in 8 years.
Due a win, then?

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
£#%&!ing love Ole.

Unread 11-01-2019, 05:41 AM
puressence

Quote:

The last 3 times we've gone to Spurs we've been comprehensively swatted aside by them with little fuss, managing just one goal and compared to their 7.

I'd like to think we'll put up a better show than the last 3 gutless surrenders we've had to endure at their place (along with the 0-3 horror show at old trafford in August) but I really don't think we have a decent enough defence to go and win away at top teams at the moment.

was the semi final an away game ??/

Unread 11-01-2019, 11:37 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

so be it. they score one, we score two.

odd how spurs have become a bogey team of ours in recent years though. i seem to remember they went for many years without beating us.

Unread 11-01-2019, 11:40 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
3, surely?
Two.

Unread 11-01-2019, 03:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Wait, 4:55 - who the £#%&! is that? That is not Jamie Jackson.

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It is, he's in transition

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Lok

Quote:
Ingrid Halstensen

Norwegian reporter who has been covering us since Ole joined.

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ingrid Halstensen

Give him the job ffs.

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ingrid Halstensen

Wasn't she also there when van gaal was in charge ? I remember a Norwegian journo was around for a while

Unread 11-01-2019, 05:17 PM
dunk

She asked the only worthwhile question that didn’t involve injuries.

Simon Stone ffs :£#%&!er:

Unread 11-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Good Lord

Unread 11-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Wasn't she also there when van gaal was in charge ? I remember a Norwegian journo was around for a while
They've probably got more than one.
Closed Thread