United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think anyone’s blaming Solskjaer for the fact that half the players he inherited are not good enough so long as he’s realistic about it and not overly loyal.
Ole’s only loyalty is man united. Any perceived loyalty of players we think aren’t good enough will more likely be down to financial limitations.

The harsh reality about united is when I look at the 94, 99 and 2008 teams every position had either the best player in England or the second best. Today, Liverpool have a couple of positions where they are best, Tottenham also have a couple, city have a number of positions. United have one, and some seem happy for him to leave so we won’t even have that.

Unread 17-03-2019, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Disastrous result. A massive body blow. The only realistic opportunity to win silverware this season and a chance to stop city doing the lot. Gutted.

Want Liverpool for the league now
We beat Arsenal and Chelsea to get this far FFS, may as well not have bothered on last night's showing

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Whalefish

Had the pleasure of sitting with the Wolves supporters. They were expecting it to be a much tougher match. Surprised how slow United shifted the ball around and staggered how immobile Matic is/was. Tactic of allowing Smalling to have the ball was obvious from the start too.

I've said before there are too many 1 in 3 players at the club and they need shifting out or replacing with better players, moving them down to a supporting role at best. Definitely need a new RB in the Summer and I'd like decent competition for Shaw. Great play at the end for the consolation but up to that point he wasn't great in the final third at all.

Think the best we can hope for in the Summer is 4 new faces but I'm not convinced that'll be enough, need a decent clear out too.

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Had the pleasure of sitting with the Wolves supporters. They were expecting it to be a much tougher match. Surprised how slow United shifted the ball around and staggered how immobile Matic is/was. Tactic of allowing Smalling to have the ball was obvious from the start too.

I've said before there are too many 1 in 3 players at the club and they need shifting out or replacing with better players, moving them down to a supporting role at best. Definitely need a new RB in the Summer and I'd like decent competition for Shaw. Great play at the end for the consolation but up to that point he wasn't great in the final third at all.

Think the best we can hope for in the Summer is 4 new faces but I'm not convinced that'll be enough, need a decent clear out too.
Not really surprising considering we added absolutely nobody in the summer.

We finished 20 points behind City last season and our way of bridging that gap was to go out and sign Fred

And we wonder why we come up short?

Unread 19-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not really surprising considering we added absolutely nobody in the summer.

We finished 20 points behind City last season and our way of bridging that gap was to go out and sign Fred

And we wonder why we come up short?
Oh I don't, but I'm often surprised by those who do 'wonder'.

We've got such a mess of players atm - from 3/4 managers with different styles of play - it's going to take a bit longer to sort. One window certainly won't fix it. We keep saying the same thing as important as new faces are so is the clear out.

Unread 20-03-2019, 12:07 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He was saying this morning that we needed to strengthen in midfield, so at least has some self awareness.

Unread 20-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He was saying this morning that we needed to strengthen in midfield, so at least has some self awareness.
Aces