Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Storming into the penalty area when PSG were trying to put off Rashers was

Huge performance
Need a clip/gif of this. Loved fred last night. After the lack of football he has had and the bad start to his utd career, he didnt let it affect him mentally and put in a shift.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:03 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Storming into the penalty area when PSG were trying to put off Rashers was

Huge performance
Yep

Then Verratti and some other midget @#%&! try getting in his face...

Up steps Big Rom and moves them all way

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

Then Verratti and some other midget @#%&! try getting in his face...

Up steps Big Rom and moves them all way
True, noticed Fred clearing the area

Big McTommers is always happy to back up a team mate too vvg2c

Unread 03-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Vedder

Only United could spend 50m on the only Brazilian player in history with a first touch of a trampoline ffs.

Unread 03-04-2019, 09:46 AM
ZiggyStardust

Don't think his touch is as bad as it looks at times

I think he gets spooked that someone is going to close him down and that affects his touch

I thought he mostly looked pretty good and was always looking to turn and play the ball forward
Much better passing range than Herrera or Matic
However you simply can't make the error he made for the first Wolves goal and it's not the first time he's lost the ball in a dangerous area

Ole won't be able to trust him until he sorts it out

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:11 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

I think he gets spooked that someone is going to close him down and that affects his touch

I thought he mostly looked pretty good and was always looking to turn and play the ball forward
Much better passing range than Herrera or Matic
However you simply can't make the error he made for the first Wolves goal and it's not the first time he's lost the ball in a dangerous area

Ole won't be able to trust him until he sorts it out
There is no evidence at all to show he has a better range of passing than matic and certainly not Herrera.

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:

A player who doesn't expect there to be opponents on the pitch isn't much use tbh.

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
There is no evidence at all to show he has a better range of passing than matic and certainly not Herrera.
I've seen enough to know he has

Herrera can't even switch the play out to the full back with a long ball out to the flank
Everything with him is short stabby passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
A player who doesn't expect there to be opponents on the pitch isn't much use tbh.
He might adjust to playing in the PL and playing for Utd or he might not but Lindelof has shown that a player can suddenly adapt in his 2nd season

Worth sticking with for one more season

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:26 AM
andyroo

The workrate is there unlike every other @#%&! who's played in our midfield since Carrick, but so many mistakes, so so many.

How come clubs like Leicester and Wolves can find players like Kanté and Neves while our vastly superior resources only get us these @#%&!s?

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Could deffo be an adaptation thing. He is technically better than he's showing and the energy and work rate is there. Looks so nervy at times though, which is probably a consequence of both managers this season not seeming to trust him.

Unread 03-04-2019, 10:29 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
I've seen enough to know he has

Herrera can't even switch the play out to the full back with a long ball out to the flank
Everything with him is short stabby passes

Unread 03-04-2019, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Could deffo be an adaptation thing. He is technically better than he's showing and the energy and work rate is there. Looks so nervy at times though, which is probably a consequence of both managers this season not seeming to trust him.
Agree. He needs games. Technically a good player as you say, and works hard, doesn’t hide and moves the ball well. A few mistakes but was he any worse than the rest of our midfield last night? Or over the past few games?

We need to give him the same time we’ve given other players who have in initaily struggled. I’d like to see him in a run of 5-6 games uninterrupted before I wrote him off (or not).

Unread 03-04-2019, 12:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
You could find Smalling hitting a great 50 yard through ball but it's clearly not something he's good at is it

Herrera and Matic do not have a good passing range and generally like to keep it short (usually backwards or sideways)
I think we've seen enough of them to realise that

Fred's got a good switch of play ball and can definitely play forward passes between the lines

There's a player there but he needs to sharpen up his game considerably

Unread 03-04-2019, 12:50 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
You could find Smalling hitting a great 50 yard through ball but it's clearly not something he's good at is it

Herrera and Matic do not have a good passing range and generally like to keep it short (usually backwards or sideways)
I think we've seen enough of them to realise that

Fred's got a good switch of play ball and can definitely play forward passes between the lines

There's a player there but he needs to sharpen up his game considerably
We'll have to agree to disagree, for the record I think neither Matic nor Herrera are good enough but both are better than this fella.

Unread 03-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought he started the game quite well but the De Gea/Fred £#%&! up for their first goal seemed to make him fall apart. Shite after that.

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:05 AM
windy waffles

Turning into quite the little player now, isn't he?

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:08 AM
shenwen

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:39 AM
atticusgrinch

Amazing that he needed a run of a few games to get up to speed.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Amazing that he needed a run of a few games to get up to speed.
yep.

this is a worrying part of of Ole's management. Still playing under performing, more established players when the alternatives look to be better. Was hoping he'd be a bit more cynical in his choices.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
yep.

this is a worrying part of of Ole's management. Still playing under performing, more established players when the alternatives look to be better. Was hoping he'd be a bit more cynical in his choices.
There is absolute no reason fred and mickey t shouldn't be first choice over herrera (who's £#%&!ing off) and matic (who's gone to shit)

If they come back and he starts playing, in particular, Matic again then I'd be concerned
Closed Thread