United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We are eighth.
Utd fans arguing if we are 8th or 9th in December

armchair

bet we ran further than usual in that match. it's basic stuff.

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Cheers pal

No probs. Had him and Matic in an 18/1 double...

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
What a time to be alive.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:16 PM
suedeshoes

It was an exciting dramatic game of football. Wasn't expecting it when I set off tonight but we tried hard, fought well and got something out of it. We're not all that good but I enjoyed that tonight.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We are eighth.
Apologies mate. Livescore hadn't updated it with tonight's superb point.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It was an exciting dramatic game of football. Wasn't expecting it when I set off tonight but we tried hard, fought well and got something out of it. We're not all that good but I enjoyed that tonight.
Yep. We're shit but at least it was fun for a change.

Red Al

Quote:
You can get an exiting game of that standard on a Sunday morning for free

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yep. We're shit but at least it was fun for a change.
Pick Rojo every week and there won’t ever be a dull moment.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:21 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
You can get an exiting game of that standard on a Sunday morning for free
Brilliant. Enjoy it mate.

redhegemony

Norwich v Brentford standard

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Thought Damian was very good aswell
Is that an omen?

thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Quick question, Phil Jones is injured (again). How the £#%&! did that happen he played on Saturday didn't he?
Fell out of the coach window.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Imagine 10 years ago being pleased that the lads actually put some £#%&!ing effort in for a change.

Jesus christ our standards have well and truly evaporated. It looked to me like two teams - one above average, one bang average, just running around on pure adrenaline with no real idea of how they were going to manage the game.

United were utterly spent in that last 15 mins and had no idea how to push on and win the game with the players they had on the pitch.

£#%&! me. Manchester. £#%&!ing. United.

If you enjoyed the game, good for you. But you're like someone who's been fed stale bread for a year and someone has offered you an out of date cheese sandwich. You'll take what you can get.

Running around and putting an effort in is not something to write home about. City, Liverpool, Spurs do that shit as a £#%&!ing bare minimum and unlike us they know how to incorporate it into their game rather than running like headless chickens and racking up yellow cards.

8th. £#%&!ing 8th. No wins in a month, worse defence than Palace, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham and Watford. Just 4 more wins than bottom of the table Fulham.

Absolute unforgivable garbage.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:31 PM
suedeshoes

Fair enough Sparky but we are where we are. Just because we've been brilliant for years doesn't mean we're entitled to anying. We have to work for it and tonight there was a lot of effort and pride on show. It's a positive and I'll take that.

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Pretty much agree with all of that.

Just to add that spell second half where two United defenders and Matic just passed it to each other, then Jose came belting down the steps pointing in the direction of Arsenal's goal. £#%&! was all that about? I don't for a minute believe Jose wants the ball anywhere near that defence (see Rojo) so are they ignoring him?

There is £#%&! all guile or imagination in the midfield at the minute, even with Pogba there. Don't generate any momentum going forwards and at no point to see what I'd call a sustained bit of pressure pushing a team back creating chance after chance. It's depressing.

So that's a new attack needed, new midfield and new defence.
2 1/2 years into this and we still have little idea what Mourinho wants from the team, other than to be better players. We don't have a style of play, any emergent identifiable patterns, partnerships, anything that shows true on field growth/development.

Whatever specifics he wants, not doing a very good job of bringing it across to the players.

Arsenal don't have better players than us, squad against squad.

Sapien

Quote:
Fair enough Sparky but just because we've been brilliant for years doesn't mean we're entitled to anying. We have to work for it and tonight there was a lot of effort and pride on show. It's a positive and I'll take that.
#proudofthelads

waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is that an omen?
Shut up

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:32 PM
dunk

Has that #@&%! blessed us with his wisdom/excuses yet?

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Imagine 10 years ago being pleased that the lads actually put some £#%&!ing effort in for a change.

Jesus christ our standards have well and truly evaporated. It looked to me like two teams - one above average, one bang average, just running around on pure adrenaline with no real idea of how they were going to manage the game.

United were utterly spent in that last 15 mins and had no idea how to push on and win the game with the players they had on the pitch.

£#%&! me. Manchester. £#%&!ing. United.

If you enjoyed the game, good for you. But you're like someone who's been fed stale bread for a year and someone has offered you an out of date cheese sandwich. You'll take what you can get.

Running around and putting an effort in is not something to write home about. City, Liverpool, Spurs do that shit as a £#%&!ing bare minimum and unlike us they know how to incorporate it into their game rather than running like headless chickens and racking up yellow cards.

8th. £#%&!ing 8th. No wins in a month, worse defence than Palace, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham and Watford. Just 4 more wins than bottom of the table Fulham.

Absolute unforgivable garbage.
All correct.

I didn't enjoy that. We were £#%&!ing shite.

Charging around like the directionless #@&%!s we are.

We look like Vince Vaughn's Dodgeball team.

We're lucky Arsenal were off their best. And they were still the likely winners.

We have at least 6 more months of this water-treading dross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Has that #@&%! blessed us with his wisdom/excuses yet?
He'll be telling us with great passion how he's never lost to arsenal at home.
Closed Thread