United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2023, 11:46 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Ref abuse

Seriously getting out of hand now. Completely understood that linesman wanting to give Robertson a crack. Then Klopp doing his hamstring to get at someone, now you’ve got Mourinho going full McGregor and going after Taylor in the car park.

I know we’ve done it in the past so it’s not an anti Scouse thing although happy to load as much as possible their way.

Going to end badly and there’s got to be some modicum of respect for another human being ffs. Some of these are screaming blue murder in their faces non stop - no way I’d be able to take it. More and more well known so only a matter of time before one gets slapped in the street.

Not even talking about the trickledown effect then on amateur and kids games.

If you give the players a bit more leeway as they’re actually on the pitch then I think managers/benches have to be hit with waaay bigger penalties or punishments.

Only really goes on to this degree in football so it’s just a culture thing too.

Points deductions for going too far and it stops in a week.

Unread 02-06-2023, 11:50 AM
RedNick80

Yep, I look after my sons u11 team in the Stockport Metro league and this year the behaviour of a lot of parents has been embarrassing.

Grown men arguing decisions with refs (some of whom still technically minors) like the refs have some kind of bias towards one kids team or another...

Other managers too complaining/appealling - the kids see that and copy it.

Was this close to quitting halfway through because it was getting so depressing.

Unread 02-06-2023, 11:51 AM
magic_cantona

I'm delighted that @#%&! Taylor got a load of grief. For oher refs though, yeah, appalling.

Unread 02-06-2023, 11:53 AM
believe

It would probably help their cause if they’d stop being so useless. It seems like every year for the last 20+ years new rules have been introduced to make their lives easier and they get more useless with every new rule.

They need to be made more accountable imo. There should be a panel to assess their games just like the players get assessed and be given suspensions in the same way for stupid wrong decisions.

Unread 02-06-2023, 11:53 AM
Baron

Indeed, they need to be sending the coaches / managers off & banning them for 3 games - out of the stadium for the sort of shit that is happening.

Maybe some kind of Running Man type collars for the technical area breaches?

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It would probably help their cause if they’d stop being so useless. It seems like every year for the last 20+ years new rules have been introduced to make their lives easier and they get more useless with every new rule.

They need to be made more accountable imo. There should be a panel to assess their games just like the players get assessed and be given suspensions in the same way for stupid wrong decisions.
Definitely. Taylor has been a disgrace against us and has made some awful decisions - but he's not challenged and can go home without giving a £#%&!. There should 100% be a punishment or at least a need for a ref to come out and explain why they've made such a mental decision(s). That's where the anger comes from imo - they don't care and are so arrogant with it. It's unreal that they get so much protection

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:00 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Indeed, they need to be sending the coaches / managers off & banning them for 3 games - out of the stadium for the sort of shit that is happening.

Maybe some kind of Running Man type collars for the technical area breaches?

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:11 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Definitely. Taylor has been a disgrace against us and has made some awful decisions - but he's not challenged and can go home without giving a £#%&!. There should 100% be a punishment or at least a need for a ref to come out and explain why they've made such a mental decision(s). That's where the anger comes from imo - they don't care and are so arrogant with it. It's unreal that they get so much protection
The way Mourinho behaved with him was nothing short of embarrassing.
The players from both teams should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved

Mourinho should be serving a lengthy ban for going after him in the car park afterwards. @#%&!ish behaviour and another classic Jose deflection tactic to drive our minds away from how shit his teams and football are now

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The way Mourinho behaved with him was nothing short of embarrassing.
The players from both teams should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved

Mourinho should be serving a lengthy ban for going after him in the car park afterwards. @#%&!ish behaviour and another classic Jose deflection tactic to drive our minds away from how shit his teams and football are now
Yep and fed into the abuse Taylor and his family got at the airport from Roma fans.

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Seriously getting out of hand now. Completely understood that linesman wanting to give Robertson a crack. Then Klopp doing his hamstring to get at someone, now you’ve got Mourinho going full McGregor and going after Taylor in the car park.

I know we’ve done it in the past so it’s not an anti Scouse thing although happy to load as much as possible their way.

Going to end badly and there’s got to be some modicum of respect for another human being ffs. Some of these are screaming blue murder in their faces non stop - no way I’d be able to take it. More and more well known so only a matter of time before one gets slapped in the street.

Not even talking about the trickledown effect then on amateur and kids games.

If you give the players a bit more leeway as they’re actually on the pitch then I think managers/benches have to be hit with waaay bigger penalties or punishments.

Only really goes on to this degree in football so it’s just a culture thing too.

Points deductions for going too far and it stops in a week.
Absolutely this ^^

And start sending players/staff off when they start ranting. When players or managers/coaches start missing games because of it, it'll stop.

At the youth level, referees are leaving in droves & not being replaced. And it is 100% because of this. Ban Roma for a year from European competitions, bet they won't do it again.
Examples need to be made.

Unread 02-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

since i've been a kid everyone's always said refs are shit, standards are getting worse etc. could be true or it could be that it's just impossible to get every decision right - hence var I guess, but then even that is showing there's still grey areas. so ultimately, I think until we have some robot ai ref, we just have to accept some degree of variance.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:16 PM
jem

mourinho deserves a lengthy ban. refs and var (which has no excuse) are shit, but they should be formally accountable and open to question, not slagged off in the car park by a @#%&!'s blatant distraction tactic.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:50 PM
atticusgrinch

It really depends on who's doing it to be honest. If it's Ferguson or Mourinho it's completely justified, if it's Klopp etc. it's an outrage and deserves a very long ban and plenty of opprobrium.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:55 PM
Finport Red

For those demanding points deductions, you know full well who the first club to lose any will be. And it’s not Liverpool.

Maybe the refs could stop being absolutely dreadful. That might help.

Unread 02-06-2023, 01:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Most of the PL refs deserve a few slaps anyway.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It really depends on who's doing it to be honest. If it's Ferguson or Mourinho it's completely justified, if it's Klopp etc. it's an outrage and deserves a very long ban and plenty of opprobrium.

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:50 PM
History

Yeah £#%&! em, I hope they all get what's coming to th...

I think I misunderstood the thread title

Unread 02-06-2023, 02:55 PM
windy waffles

The sooner refs are replaced by artificial intelligence the better...

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Most of the PL refs deserve a few slaps anyway.
this. Maybe they wont be so clever now they see them and their families getting chased on to planes at airports.

Unread 02-06-2023, 03:04 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The sooner refs are replaced by artificial intelligence the better...
Doesn’t even need to be artificial.
Closed Thread