United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

However, once they batter Celtic, and are in the CL & have more guaranteed revenue they'll be spending a wedge of their cash on a molding midfielder, surely? .
vieira's getting on a bit

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

come on celtic btw

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:54 PM
marlo

i want arsenal to beat them as well.

im going to the 2nd leg as a neutral spectator

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
vieira's getting on a bit
There's £#%&!ing no chance they'd re-sign him either way, Wenger's not stupid. He knows he can piss off Spurs by talking about him & deflecting attention from what ever random French/African he was really after.

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:57 PM
mikey_red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't stand the £#%&!ing plastic paddy, YNWA singing, jocko @#%&!s.
i agree

Unread 17-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
There's £#%&!ing no chance they'd re-sign him either way, Wenger's not stupid. He knows he can piss off Spurs by talking about him & deflecting attention from what ever random French/African he was really after.
i meant he might be moulding

Unread 17-08-2009, 04:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i meant he might be moulding

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:32 PM
borsuk

not really bothered either way tbh but i don't think the result at the weekend told us anything about either arsenal or everton. moyes said before the game that their pre-season had been disrupted badly and i think it showed. arsenal are a decent team but they'll be relying on bendtner quite a lot this year and that will be an issue because, well, he's shit, isn't he?

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:36 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can't stand the £#%&!ing plastic paddy, YNWA singing, jocko @#%&!s.
I have a problem with the Liverpool tie-in and that they're followed by a particular breed of chav here.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I hope Celtic turn them over so they can go from Champions Elect (Saturday) to Wengers Euro Flops (Tuesday).

The Europa League will keep them nice and busy and then the wet pitches, rainy weather and the fact they are a team made up primarily of six stone dwarves will finish them off in mid-February.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Baron

Why will they be relying on Bendtner? As 'Plan B' ? Football has evolved every season into less & less of a contact sport & more & more into a variation in which Arsenal should prosper. Less tackling from behind, minimal contact on small players are fouls, pace & technical ability are rewarded rather than power & height etc.

They have a system that had Bendtner on the right side of their attack Saturday, I can't see what reliance was going on there. If fit Walcott, Rosicky & Nasri would all be ahead of him in that role surely? Van Persie will be the man they rely on from a striking pov, Fabregas from every other perspective.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:44 PM
wee man

Arsenal will stuff them. But I hope Celtic win and we get one of the old firm in the group stages. At least a decent atmosphere is guaranteed. Subbuteo please.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:47 PM
dunk

Really don't want to play in the CL this season...

Villareal
Benfica
Celtic
Rangers
Roma
Porto

Just £#%&!ing boring.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Villareal
Benfica
Celtic
Rangers
Roma
Porto

Just £#%&!ing boring.
Well...there is £#%&! all chance of us playing Roma or Villarreal.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Well...there is £#%&! all chance of us playing Roma or Villarreal.
Well that's good news at least.

Unread 17-08-2009, 05:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Villareal
Benfica
Celtic
Rangers
Roma
Porto

Just £#%&!ing boring.
I would like Madrid, Salzburg and Levski Sofia

but you';re right we'll get all of the above in the one group

Unread 17-08-2009, 06:18 PM
elephantstone

I hope celtic do them 2nd team and all that

Unread 17-08-2009, 06:21 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I hope celtic do them 2nd team and all that
swap scarves ?

Unread 17-08-2009, 06:26 PM
elephantstone

With you? Ha ha

Unread 17-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Fat Al

Don't have a problem with Arsenal not qualifying for the CL at the end of the season as long as Spurs make the 4th spot. Otherwise, the alternative *may* be too horrible to contemplate.

Oh yeah, want them to utterly £#%&!ing destroy Celtic tho.
Closed Thread