United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 11-11-2018, 02:39 AM
rubbernecker

Default George W picks up a gong today

Former US President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, will receive the Liberty Medal today in Philadelphia

It's awarded to people "who have strived to secure the blessings of liberty to people around the globe,” . This is the same man that oversaw the start of two wars and introduced the 'Patriot Act' .Obviously not as big a joke as Kissinger's Nobel Peace prize after he illegally bombed Cambodia and killed millions but definitely up there with Obama's Drone bombing peace prize

Waiting for the right wing boys to defend this nonsense

Unread 11-11-2018, 04:05 AM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Former US President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, will receive the Liberty Medal today in Philadelphia

It's awarded to people "who have strived to secure the blessings of liberty to people around the globe,” . This is the same man that oversaw the start of two wars and introduced the 'Patriot Act' .Obviously not as big a joke as Kissinger's Nobel Peace prize after he illegally bombed Cambodia and killed millions but definitely up there with Obama's Drone bombing peace prize

Waiting for the right wing boys to defend this nonsense

RB - are you suggesting most Americans are cunts?

Last edited by big chief; 11-11-2018 at 04:08 AM.

Unread 11-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Albert Tatlock

Do you think Trump will congratulate him ?

Unread 11-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Do you think Trump will congratulate him ?
Only if it isn’t raining.

Unread 11-11-2018, 11:48 AM
Buck

Rubbers to Bush

Unread 11-11-2018, 11:59 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rubbers to Bush

I'd have lobbed an old school wigan clog and wouldn't have missed the cunt

Unread 11-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
I'd have lobbed an old school wigan clog and wouldn't have missed the cunt

What gets me about Bush is all the years that passed and people started to go softer on him saying it was really Cheney and Rumsfeld steering the ship. That Bush was just a naive and in over his head figurehead. Even his father made similar remarks.

If he were wise he would have stuck with that narrative. But nah he blurted out "they didn't make a single fucking decision". That should have buried his rehabilitation through the mainstream media.

Unread 11-11-2018, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Lots of "moderate" Dems like to praise him these days

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Lots of "moderate" Dems like to praise him these days
Bush might be the only ex president to gain more approval from his opposition and lose approval from his own party after his term in office.