United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:00 PM
d_knight

Has United cleared the glazer debts yet?
If not how much do we still owe?

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Has United cleared the glazer debts yet?
If not how much do we still owe?
No. 700m in debt in 2010 after reaching 2 champions league finals in 3 years AND selling Ronaldo in 2009.

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Grandadanne

[quote=£#%&! KFC;4498212]PAUL POGBA’S world-record £100million move from Juventus to Manchester United is being held up by a row over who is going to meet his agent’s £25m fee.

This is exactly why we should pull this deal and help to bring Football back to reality.
For as long as we feed these parasite agents the closer we get to the £#%&!ing American method of 45 mins play interpersed with 30 mins of shit adverts.

UTD are bigger than any agents ,time to £#%&! them off.

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:12 PM
ScarFace

The remaining debt is 2 pogbas.

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadanne
For as long as we feed these parasite agents the closer we get to the £#%&!ing American method of 45 mins play interpersed with 30 mins of shit adverts.
Adverts are only shown at halftime in the US.

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:44 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Adverts are only shown at halftime in the US.
kinda....dont you lot have ads flying across the screen during the match.

Im sure on u.s streams i've seen shit whizzing into frame at the bottom and also the top. Usually shit 4x4's

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
kinda....dont you lot have ads flying across the screen during the match.

Im sure on u.s streams i've seen shit whizzing into frame at the bottom and also the top. Usually shit 4x4's
Possibly...been too long since the last PL game. I don't think there was anything like that during the Euros.

Unread 25-07-2016, 11:59 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Possibly...been too long since the last PL game. I don't think there was anything like that during the Euros.
i think the euros/WC has strict ad rules, i.e can only advertise official sponsors.

in the ground, if you're not wearing kappa popper pants or hi-tec astro turf trainers, or sipping stella, they boot you out.

Unread 26-07-2016, 12:17 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
This is exactly why we should pull this deal and help to bring Football back to reality.

UTD are bigger than any agents ,time to £#%&! them off.
Great quoting you deluded £#%&!wit

Unread 26-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It's only a mistake if there were legitimately something we could have done to keep him, other than using hindsight to have treated Pogba differently than every other academy player Fergie brought through in his career I mean.

As long as he was consistant, and your assessment that he was right in his approach to blooding youngsters is correct, then Pogba leaving was entirely about Pogba and his agent.
His approach changed after the glazer takeover. I don't think he felt he could take risks with the results like he could before the debt was imposed. The Glazer's also changed the club's policy with regards financing the recruitment and wages for such players. Pogba wasn't the only young player to leave. Every youth player was pissed off and morale low amongst them, to the extent fergie had all their parents in for a talk. I think it's the Glazer's that were at fault, and it's them that's now paying the price for such shortsighted policy on youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the average age of fergie's 13th title-winning side was 27.

that's including all 23 players (including giggs and scholes) who made 10 or more appearances.
Maybe. But all the best players, the key ones, were old. The younger ones weren't up to the same standard. Again, down to finance, or a poor scouting policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
juventus is one of the great clubs in european football, nqat

but not sure how you work out they were on the rise. they'd been also-rans in eerie a for a couple of seasons and done nothing in europe for years.

hence why pogba could walk straight into their team.
A team with midfielders that would have walked into our first team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well I have to disagree then. If you read the autobiographies of the co92 there is one theme that's constant, and that's the patience they had to display. Each were told their time would come, and each got their chance, but in every case it was later than they would have liked and inconsistant at first. If Pogba didn't like that then sorry, he was right to leave. But it's on him, not Fergie.
They needed patience because the players in the first team at the time were £#%&!ing brilliant. And young. Hardly what pogba was facing in his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Not sure about the last paragraph though. He ditched the likes of Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis to accommodate what he knew was a special group that couldn't be ignored. Perhaps Pogba doesn't fall into that special category, but it does indicate that there is flexibility to Fergie's methods if the player and the timing is right. Particularly when he was younger. I think he was definitely 'safer' the older he got and his reluctance to throw kids in was part of that.
I don't think Ferguson ever takes that risk back in 95 if the club was weighed down with the Glazer debt at the time. It would have been too risky given the need to maintain the success to service the debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Agreed. This is down to the increased strength in the Premier league & the demand for instant success. How many of that class of 92 strode in & looked like they belonged from day one ?
All of them. They had hype, and they lived up to it. Albeit their first games were league cup against lower opposition like port vale. They weren't like Darren fletcher who looked shit for his first 50 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nowhere near, not even the best or longest transfer thread...

For the most expensive player in history...

Says something really....
It says it's still July.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
PAUL POGBA’S world-record £100million move from Juventus to Manchester United is being held up by a row over who is going to meet his agent’s £25m fee.
Agents fees are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bringing football back to reality. They're just a secondary symptom of so much money swilling around. The idea United should make a noble stand for such a thing is laughable, given the people who own united.

Unread 26-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Kangared

All of them. They had hype, and they lived up to it. Albeit their first games were league cup against lower opposition like port vale. They weren't like Darren fletcher who looked shit for his first 50 games.

No they didn't , they pretty much all took some time to establish themselves, time that wouldn't be offered today or indeed in the latter years under Fergie. Put it this way, had Pogba been in that group he would have been picked way before he he finally was . Pogba is up there worth the best of that group, & better than several . Maybe he should have had more patience , but I am not sure how much patience the CO92 would have had if they had Rioala as an agent . I remember Scholes spitting out his dummy after getting dropped , difference is he didn't have a Riola like money grabbing rat in his ear.

Unread 26-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Mr_Ed

How can you have patience when Scholes comes out of retirement and walks straight back into the team? Great player as he was the message to Poggles was hardly one that he needed.

Unread 26-07-2016, 06:59 AM
doudou

I'm not actually that arsed BTW, just wanted an excuse to post this...

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou

I'm not actually that arsed BTW, just wanted an excuse to post this...
Her top to slip

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:23 AM
Barcabal

Not coming.. get over it..Saffers et all ..get a grip

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
How can you have patience when Scholes comes out of retirement and walks straight back into the team? Great player as he was the message to Poggles was hardly one that he needed.
I absolutely agree , I have already posted this somewhere, Scholes never even trained with the 1st team & went straight into a huge FA cup game at City & came off the bench . I am saying that for Utd's sake he could have shown more patience & we wouldn't be here now spending 100+ million to bring him back

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:37 AM
itisme_panaflex

Would love if united had him and his fat agent rubbing their hands in glee at the money they plan to get, and then united go out and sign two midfielders for less than 120m.

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Jethro

If there's so much as hint of Juve/Raiola talking to Madrid then United should walk nqat

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Does anyone actually want to sign this charlatan now ?

Unread 26-07-2016, 07:46 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Does anyone actually want to sign this charlatan now ?
he's not coming. i guarantee it.

this is vidal all over again.
Closed Thread