United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:57 PM
1MUFC

Default Why do foreigners (including southerners) support united

I’ve had a thought provoking weekend on this subject and am not quite as hardcore about it at the moment. Met some really nice people who aren’t northern, met some @#%&!s who are. Of course in an perfect world Uniteds support would be entirely northern. But this isn’t really the point.

When I was growing up I was never going to support any other side, I didn’t even know who the £#%&! any of the sides outside out of the northwest were. As a northerner its ridiculous to think of me supporting spurs for example. So why do people from here there and everywhere support united. (my dad moved down south in 1823 to find work doesn’t count) (and eduardo, I don’t want to keep picking, it’s a clean slate, but no matter how much you kid yourself you aren’t northern)

Unread 10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

I don't wish to be Northern

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Ed Sullivan

By the way, this a shite thread that has been done several million times and never EVER comes to any conclusion.

But I'll give you a few quotes that will come up...

'JCL's'

'Brand'

'Broad church'

'cockney Reds'

'Home and away since 1973'

'Salford club'

'It's not where you're from, it's where you're at'

'Southern numpties'

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I don't wish to be Northern
When people call you a southern @#%&! lets say, you normally say in your cosmopolitan and university frame of mind "i'm not southern i was born near Manchester but moved south when i was 1 and half"

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
i'm not southern i was born near Manchester but moved south when i was 1 and half
and whats the problem will ppl who done just that?

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
When people call you a southern @#%&! lets say, you normally say in your cosmopolitan and university frame of mind "i'm not southern i was born near Manchester but moved south when i was 1 and half"
Call me what you wish.

red red robbo

You don't choose United, United chooses you.

NFT.

Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
and whats the problem will ppl who done just that?
He has a Northern complex which would probably embarass most real Northerners.

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
He has a Northern complex which would probably embarass most real Northerners.
or in other words, hes a @#%&!?

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:05 PM
dodger

Quote:
I’ve had a thought provoking weekend on this subject and am not quite as hardcore about it at the moment. Met some really nice people who aren’t northern, met some @#%&!s who are. Of course in an perfect world Uniteds support would be entirely northern. But this isn’t really the point.

When I was growing up I was never going to support any other side, I didn’t even know who the £#%&! any of the sides outside out of the northwest were. As a northerner its ridiculous to think of me supporting spurs for example. So why do people from here there and everywhere support united. (my dad moved down south in 1823 to find work doesn’t count) (and eduardo, I don’t want to keep picking, it’s a clean slate, but no matter how much you kid yourself you aren’t northern)
Why doesn't it? If I had a son he would be a united supporter, or I would at least try to get him to be, and he would grow up a United supporter living in the south. His mates would meet his northern dad and it would require no explanation. I don't see the issue myself.

Nb.My daughter shouts for us but she's not that bothered

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
no fun

munich

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:09 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
munich
Very profound Mr nofun, and very true. As a result a lot of people swore their aligence to the shirts

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:10 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
munich
in a nutshell - but over here I would add George

Terry Silver

Quote:

Attention-seeking, tired, insipid "Top Red" shite.

£#%&! off.

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Why doesn't it? If I had a son he would be a united supporter, or I would at least try to get him to be, and he would grow up a United supporter living in the south. His mates would meet his northern dad and it would require no explanation. I don't see the issue myself.

Nb.My daughter shouts for us but she's not that bothered

good point, if i moved from Salford and raised a kid in the new place of residence, he would be a red, i'd make sure of it....

a very dark and grim thought:
are you telling me, that if you moved to L*******l, you'd allow your son to support L*******l, just because he was born there? £#%&! that.

you simple @#%&!.

Stickman

Fell in love with United when I got taken along to a match aged 11.

so JCL yeah but my passion cant be called into question. 11 hour return drives to and from OT are the norm for me and my mate in the same day.

Yeah I know nobody makes us do it, but its what we want to do. Snub our weekends for United games.

One love.

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Camel

Default the boring @#%&! is banned again

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You don't choose United, United chooses you.

NFT.
robbo mate, that is sooooo gay

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
robbo mate, that is sooooo gay
I know

Unread 10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
So why do people from here there and everywhere support united. (my dad moved down south in 1823 to find work doesn’t count) (and eduardo, I don’t want to keep picking, it’s a clean slate, but no matter how much you kid yourself you aren’t northern)
My son was born in America so he can't be a united supporter?

:£#%&!er:
Closed Thread