United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
True
We outplayed Arsenal at the Emirates and have looked better than them this season. But it is true that United with Scholes in the team are not as good as Arsenal.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:23 PM
marlo stansfield

im going to say something controversial but something that i dont want it to turn into a slagging of me thread.

scholes has only had 2 good games this season -maximum-

i remember how poor he was before anderson was introduced against wigan and then against villa they were good together but he got injured shortly after that then came back the other day.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42812
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44780
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41736

yes some of my threads were knee jerk and abit immature but the problem is raring its ugly head again.

we have a tough midfield no with four options.
scholes has done nothing within the last 7 months just suggest he should start ahead of carrick and anderson enough to demand a starting berth.

i know its not the time for this but scholes really shouldnt be starting at all and lets cast our minds back to nov/dec. how many of us missed scholes when he was out? honestly ask yourself this.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Tiberian

Scholes was very good last season, but he did fade in the last 2-3 months of the season, and it was evident against the better sides that he struggled.

He is still a superb techicican, but he is very immobile these days, and without doubt a defensive liability. Ireland and hammann totally dominated the midfield, Anderson and Scholes were second to every ball in the first half.

Very surprising that Carrick did not start today, he has been our best midfielder in the last 2 months, has been very effective defensively as well as passing the ball excellently.

Nostalgia played a part in the team selection today, 6 very offensive players, no defensive cover in midfield and City exploited that on the counter.

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
celtbion

Just thought I'd make a brief but (don't worry) temporary return.

I predicted Scholes would come back and be landed straight back into the team.

I also predicted that we would fall apart on his return because he's well past it.

Not £#%&!ing finding his feet after injury, not held back by having to play alongside [insert non-Manc here], £#%&!ing past it.

He should be fourth choice midfielder from now on and only used against the sort of cannon fodder that come to OT and never leave their half.

The last two games have been a reality check, one hopes, for the delusional and nostalgic.

Fergie included.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Gog Coch

Scholes has lost all acceleration especially over 2 -5 m. That was one of his strengths . Just look at some games of a few years ago. He is slow in thought as well.Now plays the Wilkins - Crab way of many years ago - sideways.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

I also predicted that we would fall apart on his return because he's well past it.

Not £#%&!ing finding his feet after injury, not held back by having to play alongside [insert non-Manc here], £#%&!ing past it.

He should be fourth choice midfielder from now on and only used against the sort of cannon fodder that come to OT and never leave their half.

The last two games have been a reality check, one hopes, for the delusional and nostalgic.

Fergie included.
Go and boil your head you £#%&!ing spud munching @#%&!.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

Fergie included.
Too harsh.

I think you were moaning about Scholes last season aswell weren't you? When he had an incredible season. Perhaps this shouldn't really surprise me too much;

Quote:
He should be fourth choice midfielder

You're talking about someone who's just come back from a 3 month injury lay off. I really would like to read what you think about Giggs who has been MEDIOCRE all season.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Too harsh.

I think you were moaning about Scholes last season aswell weren't you? When he had an incredible season. Perhaps this shouldn't really surprise me too much;

exactly

knee jerkism is rampant

Unread 11-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Father Christmas

Scholes must go. He must.

Unread 11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Los Diablos Rojos

What a bunch of utter weapons you are.

Against Pompey 1st half he gave one of the greatest midfield performances I've seen in a long, long time.

The mickeys may talk about Molby and Alonso but we still have an absolute genius in Paul Scholes.

Embrace him, for he is the greatest footballer you will ever see.

Unread 11-02-2008, 01:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Sad 1st half from him.
you couldnt spot a tiger amongst zebras you £#%&!ing tool so £#%&! off back to norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
playing Scholes will cost us this season.
thank £#%&! you only come once a year, otherwise you'd get a £#%&!ing lump hammer through your chops for talking such shit

Scholes is coming back from injury, you @#%&!s expect miracles straight away

£#%&!ing fickle £#%&!ers

Unread 11-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you couldnt spot a tiger amongst zebras you £#%&!ing tool so £#%&! off back to norway

thank £#%&! you only come once a year, otherwise you'd get a £#%&!ing lump hammer through your chops for talking such shit

Scholes is coming back from injury, you @#%&!s expect miracles straight away

£#%&!ing fickle £#%&!ers
Good post

Unread 11-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Amongst our support we comfortably have some of the most embarrassing and fickle fans i have ever come accross. Get a grip you freaks.

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
S/Side.Red

Sad to say I was expecting there would be a thread like this. He's only just back from three months out ffs. He was top class last season. Ten years of brilliant service; now he's finished after two poor performances following a bad injury. Unbelievable.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:00 AM
puressence

scholes ..... can someone explain to me why play him infront of the back 4 when we have carrick and hargreaves .... the manager is at fault

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Hasn't scholes just come back from injury? FFS man.
Exactly and every time we have a player coming back from injury we have threads by know nowt @#%&!s slagging them off who promptly shut the £#%&! up when they are back up to speed.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Scholes bashing...................Top Red Status...

No one is allowed to question Scholes' contribution, it's top red status blindly repeating that he's the best in his position in the world. Over the past 5 years, Lampard has been better than Scholes.

Unread 16-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Father Christmas

The midfield today had so much more bite it was staggering. Don't come moaning to me when Scholes starts against Lyon and we struggle.

Unread 16-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
im going to say something controversial but something that i dont want it to turn into a slagging of me thread.

scholes has only had 2 good games this season -maximum-

i remember how poor he was before anderson was introduced against wigan and then against villa they were good together but he got injured shortly after that then came back the other day.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42812
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44780
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41736

yes some of my threads were knee jerk and abit immature but the problem is raring its ugly head again.

we have a tough midfield no with four options.
scholes has done nothing within the last 7 months just suggest he should start ahead of carrick and anderson enough to demand a starting berth.

i know its not the time for this but scholes really shouldnt be starting at all and lets cast our minds back to nov/dec. how many of us missed scholes when he was out? honestly ask yourself this.

I didn't know you were violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
scholes ..... can someone explain to me why play him infront of the back 4 when we have carrick and hargreaves .... the manager is at fault

Because that's where he wants to play.

Unread 16-02-2008, 10:21 PM
schnitzel

Was I dreaming the winning run we had with Anderson and SCHOLES in centre mid at the start of the season.

There was no slagging of SCHOLES up until his injury which lasted a while and because he ain't straught back into it he is shit.

LOL Tossers.
Closed Thread