vibrant atmosphere

Unread 26-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Ashley's Grime

Wasn't Copa Libertadores on setanta?

Unread 26-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

i like the way he kicked the ball

nice one grimey

what was that crap they were singing btw?

Unread 26-06-2009, 06:06 PM
koppas

Is he still hated by everyone in Argentina?

Unread 26-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Sloane

legend

Unread 26-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Great player. @#%&! of a man.

Unread 26-06-2009, 09:17 PM
fix up look SHARPE

love the way the away team have to squeeze out of some wierd paper tunnel to a chorus of boos.

then seba and co swan out of one as wide as a motorway with fireworks going off.

(motorway = freeway, grimson.)

Unread 26-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
love the way the away team have to squeeze out of some wierd paper tunnel to a chorus of boos.
It's an inflatable tunnel that goes well out onto the pitch, to protect them from anything thrown by the crowd.

Unread 26-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Dr Gonzo

Shame it didn't work out with us - I was more upset by his departure than that of Beckham and the attendant media circus .

I still drool over that pass he hit with the outisde of his boot on the pre-season US tour for Ruud to smash in on the volley

Unread 26-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Zorg

It's a shame they haven't got an Anglicised name like other teams out there.

'And Students lead 1-0'

Unread 26-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Shame it didn't work out with us - I was more upset by his departure than that of Beckham and the attendant media circus .

I still drool over that pass he hit with the outisde of his boot on the pre-season US tour for Ruud to smash in on the volley

YouTube - ruuds volley in pre-season
Yes Veron was great in meaningless pre season games.

Anyway, IS the copa Libertadores on UK tv anywhere?

Unread 27-06-2009, 05:05 AM
n48

One of the best players ever to pull on the shirt.

Unread 27-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Tiberian

Veron was actually pretty good for Utd in his second season, specifically the first half of that season when Keane was injured and Veron often played with Phil Neville or Butt in midfield, both of whom he seemed to play quite well with.

The Irony is that the title winning run came without him in the side, so his much improved performances from the first season are often overlooked. He was always excellent for Utd in Europe, he put in a performance at Olympiakos in his first season that was was as good as any midfield showing as any from a Utd player away in Europe.

It did not work out for him but it was a buzz when he signed, adding Veron to an already strong midfield group, hoping he would add a little more craft in the big matches.

Unread 27-06-2009, 08:55 AM
wiganste

Veron signed at the wrong time imo.

We had arguably the best midfield in Europe at the time - Giggs - Keane - Scholes - Beckham and trying the wedge Veron into that system just didn't work.

I have fond memories of Seba, he certainly wasn't shite as some people point out.

Unread 27-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

Technically one of the most gifted players to ever grace the game, an absolute pleasure to watch when he is at his best.

Unread 27-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Veron signed at the wrong time imo.

We had arguably the best midfield in Europe at the time - Giggs - Keane - Scholes - Beckham and trying the wedge Veron into that system just didn't work.

I have fond memories of Seba, he certainly wasn't shite as some people point out.
crazy signing, did have some great games especially in the opening few months of the 01/02 season though. We just didn't need that type of player back then though, money would have been better spent on a centre half.

We did very well to recoup £15m for him

Unread 27-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Veron was actually pretty good for Utd in his second season, specifically the first half of that season when Keane was injured and Veron often played with Phil Neville or Butt in midfield, both of whom he seemed to play quite well with.

The Irony is that the title winning run came without him in the side, so his much improved performances from the first season are often overlooked. He was always excellent for Utd in Europe, he put in a performance at Olympiakos in his first season that was was as good as any midfield showing as any from a Utd player away in Europe.

It did not work out for him but it was a buzz when he signed, adding Veron to an already strong midfield group, hoping he would add a little more craft in the big matches.
100% agree with that, if you look back at the 'we got our trophy back' season he played a big part in many crucial goals etc in the first half of the season

Unread 27-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
100% agree with that, if you look back at the 'we got our trophy back' season he played a big part in many crucial goals etc in the first half of the season
He played an even bigger part when he missed the second half of the season injured.

Unread 27-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Grimson

Do you think he misses the atmosphere at OT?

I remember hearing some Sky commentator say of Tevez, "He won't have experienced many atmospheres to match this." ffs.

Closed Thread