United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Strength in depth maybe, just maybe. I agree our options are shit butyou don't think other teams have similar problems?Everton are playing Kean as their first choice striker. One year older than Greenwood. Delph in midfield. One year younger than Mata. As is the 'ageing' Walcott. Surely we're not now saying Watford and Villa have better squads than us?
They aren't. Calvert-Lewin is their first choice striker. He started last night for about the 3rd time. They've just binned Tosun and still have Niasse in reserve.

Walcott can still run.

Villa needed a striker having lost Wesley for the season and have been and bought one. Watford have greater options in attack and midfield than we do. When both are fully fit we have better first choice players, but take 1or 2 of ours out and we're struggling big time.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:01 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If we went down, the same posters would be saying what do you expect etc. our squad is championship level at best etc etc

Expectations lower and further allowances will keep being made because our manager is beloved.

Woody - blinder. A+
Paused reading at that hysterical nonsense only to have my eye drawn to the Woody is playing a blinder gibberish

FWIW we are not getting relegated and have a good shout for Champion's League and Woodward is not playing a blinder

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They aren't. Calvert-Lewin is their first choice striker. He started last night for about the 3rd time. They've just binned Tosun and still have Niasse in reserve.

Walcott can still run.

Villa needed a striker having lost Wesley for the season and have been and bought one. Watford have greater options in attack and midfield than we do. When both are fully fit we have better first choice players, but take 1or 2 of ours out and we're struggling big time.
Kean has started 17 games for Everton and been a sub 5 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Paused reading at that hysterical nonsense only to have my eye drawn to the Woody is playing a blinder gibberish

FWIW we are not getting relegated and have a good shout for Champion's League and Woodward is not playing a blinder
Twas a hypothetical.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Kean has started 17 games for Everton and been a sub 5 times.

Twas a hypothetical.
Apps (Subs)
2019/2020

Everton
18 (13)

So he's started 5 league games. Didn't he cost £25m or something?

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:49 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Strength in depth maybe, just maybe. I agree our options are shit butyou don't think other teams have similar problems?Everton are playing Kean as their first choice striker. One year older than Greenwood. Delph in midfield. One year younger than Mata. As is the 'ageing' Walcott. Surely we're not now saying Watford and Villa have better squads than us?
2018 - posters complaining we only finished 2nd and didn't get to the CL quarter finals. Want the manager out.

2020 - same posters justifying mid table mediocrity and not even being in the CL. Manager needs years to implement his vision. Criticism is abhorrent.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
2018 - posters complaining we only finished 2nd and didn't get to the CL quarter finals. Want the manager out.

2020 - same posters justifying mid table mediocrity and not even being in the CL. Manager needs years to implement his vision. Criticism is abhorrent.
Go and support Spurs. Mourinho is clearly more important to you than anything else.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:06 PM
believe

Quote:

2018 - anyone wanting the manager out, top red
2020 - anyone wanting the manager out, “state of our support”

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
2018 - anyone wanting the manager out, top red
2020 - anyone wanting the manager out, “state of our support”
Think that's fair criticism. I think all our previous managers get a bit of a pass given the mess above/around them. There's an argument that none of them should have been sacked.

The one thing we've learnt is that we wont solve this by simply sacking managers.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Go and support Spurs. Mourinho is clearly more important to you than anything else.
When Mourinho wanted to sell Pogba after the world cup, he was actually right wasnt he?

Seemed mad at the time but he knew. His stock was at its highest and he didn't have the commitment. Just like he knew Shaw was a waste of space.

Now you're being told the richest club on the planet can't afford to buy players and you're gobbling it up. Just like you gobbled up Woodward's bullshit that he knew the players better than the manager in 2018.

And because I think Woodward £#%&!ed up, and denuding the squad of senior players while replacing them with callow youths is a shit idea - done primarily to the benefit of the Glazers rather than some mystical echo of the Man United way, I should support Tottenham?

Ok

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:15 PM
armchair

He has until next christmas/january minimum.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Think that's fair criticism. I think all our previous managers get a bit of a pass given the mess above/around them. There's an argument that none of them should have been sacked.

The one thing we've learnt is that we wont solve this by simply sacking managers.
2018 Shut up and sing that Something Good song

2020 We want Brendan Rodgers!

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:17 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Of course not but that also doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to call out the current manager for doing his job badly.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:19 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:20 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He has until next christmas/january minimum.
There’s no way he’ll get it imo.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:22 PM
believe

Quote:
There’s no way he’ll get it imo.
We’ll have 8 players in the squad with an average age of 18 and most will be saying he’s clearing out the shit and promoting youth.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
When Mourinho wanted to sell Pogba after the world cup, he was actually right wasnt he?

Seemed mad at the time but he knew. His stock was at its highest and he didn't have the commitment. Just like he knew Shaw was a waste of space.

Now you're being told the richest club on the planet can't afford to buy players and you're gobbling it up. Just like you gobbled up Woodward's bullshit that he knew the players better than the manager in 2018.

And because I think Woodward £#%&!ed up, and denuding the squad of senior players while replacing them with callow youths is a shit idea - done primarily to the benefit of the Glazers rather than some mystical echo of the Man United way, I should support Tottenham?

Ok
The reason Pogba's realtionship with the club soured is because of how Mourinho treated him back end of his second season. Mourinho should've been sacked that summer (or never employed in the first place). Woodward shit out and allowed him to go into full implosion mode.

Shaw should've been playing the season before when Mourinho was being a @#%&! to him, he was POTS last year and has been decent when fit this.

I'm not being told anything, it's just abundantly clear they can't afford to buy the level of players required, which makes spending masses on players like Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Fred, Maguire etc. when they knew there were finite monies available or the more maddening. Woodward/the Glazers are ruining the club.

No, you should go support Spurs because you are pining after Mourinho for some absurd reason. Well, he's busily replicating the shit football and pissing off of all and sundry that he managed at United down their now, so you should go and enjoy..

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:35 PM
believe

Quote:
The reason Pogba's realtionship with the club soured is because of how Mourinho treated him back end of his second season. Mourinho should've been sacked that summer (or never employed in the first place). Woodward shit out and allowed him to go into full implosion mode.

Shaw should've been playing the season before when Mourinho was being a @#%&! to him, he was POTS last year and has been decent when fit this.

I'm not being told anything, it's just abundantly clear they can't afford to buy the level of players required, which makes spending masses on players like Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Fred, Maguire etc. when they knew there were finite monies available or the more maddening. Woodward/the Glazers are ruining the club.

No, you should go support Spurs because you are pining after Mourinho for some absurd reason. Well, he's busily replicating the shit football and pissing off of all and sundry that he managed at United down their now, so you should go and enjoy..
So you back Pogba over Mourinho but not over Solskjaer? Interesting.

Ps should have been sacked after finishing 2nd in the league

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Sparky***

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Patty_b

Can't wait until we're reading the same posts about the next poor patsy who gets the job after Ole is the next one sacrificed to the gods of impossibly shit jobs

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So you back Pogba over Mourinho but not over Solskjaer? Interesting.

Ps should have been sacked after finishing 2nd in the league
Pogba and Solskjaer haven't fallen out Solskjaer hasn't been dragging Pogba over the coals in public. I've not backed Solskjaer or Pogba as things stand. Pogba's injured. I want him playing. He can £#%&! off in the summer if he wants, but we should've been putting better players around him not resting everything on his shoulders and then complaining and blaming him when it doesn't work.

Should've been sacked after the awful, cowardly capitulation to Seville, but, he should've been sacked in the summer because it was clear what he wanted was at odds with what the board wanted so his position was no longer tenable.

Weren't some praising Barca for sacking their manager whilst top of la liga last week?
Closed Thread