United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Are you officially #PochIn-#OleOut now blud?
I've always kinda been Poch in tbh, even when Ole had us beating everyone.

I just don't really want to sack Ole. Plus if Poch really wants it he can hopefully hang about for a bit.

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Poch is a seriously great option as a manager to have on the market isn't he. I think United are genuinely behind Ole but if we lose twice this week he will be under severe pressure regardless of any long term plan.

Really hope it works out with Ole. Imagine the worldwide seethe if he turns things around and gets us consistently winning games.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:01 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
A change of manager wont make a difference with this club. Ole may aswell stay and help get rid of the shitc***s.

At most youll see a small increase in form then back to normal with a new manager and we will go round in circles.

Ole in!
May as well keep him because he used to play for the club?

Why not have robbo, Bruce or keane as manager if that's the only criteria?

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

For those that want to sack Ole,two questions.

1. Who would you appoint as the next manager?

2. Which players will this new manager sign in the January window ?

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf I reckon Poch has spent the last five years making Levy look good.

If he can do it with Ed then we may just be in business*

[SIZE="1"]*finish top four again one day
But the likes of kane and eriksen were at the club when he arrived. (I think)

We have a half arsed martial and pereira.

Nobody can turn him into a comptent first team player.

f*** it, we are team deep in shit that no manager can change. Ride the wave and hope we turn good soon

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

£#%&! it, we are team deep in shit that no manager can change. Ride the wave and hope we turn good soon
Well yes although Kane wasn't established at all was he? I think at that point they were still coming to terms with Soldado.

But Levy is the guy who hires and fires coaches even more routinely than us. Goes for the Santini, Villas-Boas, Ramos types and then gives up on them at the first sign of trouble. Hired £#%&!ing Sherwood to run the academy, then promoted him to manager.

Honestly think Poch has been a big factor in that club looking so stable.

Agree with the gist of what you're saying though. It'll take a monumental effort him to cover our ineptitude.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:

£#%&! it, we are team deep in shit that no manager can change. Ride the wave and hope we turn good soon

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
[/color]

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results
Such a dreadful quote I like to think Big Al had nothing to do with it.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
[/color]

And by that definition binning the manager would be us doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Shit quote.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:29 PM
AK14

I don’t think Poch will go anywhere until the summer tbh so that should give our board time to allow Ole the full season and show what he can do.

If there’s improvements (hopefully) from now until the end of the season then Ole has made a case to stay. If we struggle or end up in free fall and on a run like last season then he should have no complaints when he’s sacked, then it’ll be Poch’s turn.

After all the talk of a reset etc and allowing Ole the time to put things right It would make Woodward and the board look even more ridiculous if they sacked him three months into the rebuild. They’ve backed themselves into a corner tbh.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJosRedArmy
May as well keep him because he used to play for the club?

Why not have robbo, Bruce or keane as manager if that's the only criteria?
No, when did i say that?

Keep him as we have a skidmark of a culture running through the club. Ole can still sell some shit c***s . Rather than get a new manager who has to spend his first 2 windows in selling players he can arrive with a decent base.

The 3 players he signed, AWB has been good in bits and has potential. Same with james. Macguire hasnt been what we expected but hes still our best CB.

Let ole sign some more players and have a core team that is his before we properly judge.

He has has 3 first team CMs ( herrera pogba The Scottish Player) all either have left , phoned it in, or got injured. This is on top of the fact we already needed 2 new CMs before all this happened

Im not defending ole. He has been poor. But a new manager will make no difference, unless he is properly backed and has players who know who the boss is. Everytime we sack a manager we hit the reset button.

We now will end up with players with 4 different managers.

Ride the wave. Its shit, it will probably get more shit. But as long as some of these frauds get sold and a core group of players who want to player for club is instilled, can we move forward as a club.

This will not happen if we chop and change. Esp since the board dont properly back the manager. It will be bits and pieces from all the managers who have been at the club everytime.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:38 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
For those that want to sack Ole,two questions.

1. Who would you appoint as the next manager?

2. Which players will this new manager sign in the January window ?
Pochetino

Recal smalling, sell Jones and lindelof.

Unread 03-12-2019, 08:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I don’t think Poch will go anywhere until the summer tbh so that should give our board time to allow Ole the full season and show what he can do.

If there’s improvements (hopefully) from now until the end of the season then Ole has made a case to stay. If we struggle or end up in free fall and on a run like last season then he should have no complaints when he’s sacked, then it’ll be Poch’s turn.

After all the talk of a reset etc and allowing Ole the time to put things right It would make Woodward and the board look even more ridiculous if they sacked him three months into the rebuild. They’ve backed themselves into a corner tbh.
You may be right but there were stories just after he left Spurs that he wanted to get straight back in.

If he's keen on the United job then the whole thing may force our hand. Always got the impression that United's reluctance to decide on LvG cost us Guardiola, If we end up deciding Ole isn't the man in April/May and Poch has signed for Bayern or PSG it would be typical.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
You may be right but there were stories just after he left Spurs that he wanted to get straight back in.

If he's keen on the United job then the whole thing may force our hand. Always got the impression that United's reluctance to decide on LvG cost us Guardiola, If we end up deciding Ole isn't the man in April/May and Poch has signed for Bayern or PSG it would be typical.
don’t say that. I feel close to tears with the whole thing as it is.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
it didn't

he was never ever going anywhere else apart from City after Bayern.

their entire 'project' was centered around getting him in as manager at some stage

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it didn't

their entire 'project' was centered around getting him in as manager at some stage
I know pal.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:12 PM
utd99

Quote:

It’s conjecture of course, but I’d guess when we sacked Mourinho if Pochettino were available that’s the route we would have gone. I recall hearing talk of a possible 30m payoff being touted; again speculation.

Solskjaer was brought in to steady the ship and was supposed to go back to Molde at the end of the season; so the real question is, what’s happened and what have we seen since Ole first walked through the door to indicate that we were wrong to want Poch then and right to back Ole now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m not sure it’s even true. Supposedly Fergie met with Pep in NY. If the club wanted him and he wanted us I think he’d be manager now. I think Klopp being utterly turned off by Woodward’s pitch sounds more likely. Chinless @#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
It’s conjecture of course, but I’d guess when we sacked Mourinho if Pochettino were available that’s the route we would have gone. I recall hearing talk of a possible 30m payoff being touted; again speculation.

Solskjaer was brought in to steady the ship and was supposed to go back to Molde at the end of the season; so the real question is, what’s happened and what have we seen since Ole first walked through the door to indicate that we were wrong to want Poch then and right to back Ole now?
Unless he did well at United.

Which he was, until football genius Woodward decided to give him the full time job early because of the social media likes it would get.

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I’m not sure it’s even true. Supposedly Fergie met with Pep in NY. If the club wanted him and he wanted us I think he’d be manager now. I think Klopp being utterly turned off by Woodward’s pitch sounds more likely. Chinless @#%&!.
I've heard it said quite a lot recently that this was the case, but in true Woodward style we basically crumbled on that due to the team's form in February. Fans all wanted Ole, which is fair because fans make emotional decisions. The board needed to be stronger and wait until the end of the season, by which time the decision probably goes against Ole regarding a permanent contract.

Honestly I think this board just goes with the wind. Which is why I think Ole out, Poch in is inevitable unless another club beats us to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it didn't

They wanted him that is no question. They also wanted him in 2013 and he chose Bayern instead.

We've had this pointless debate on here before but many of his friends in the media said he waited on a United call which never came.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
M.E.N saying Poch wants in.

Of course he does. His quotes yesterday were a come and get me plea.

'i am ready to return...'

We can't wait until the summer as he will be another job (probably City) so we will make our move and he will be in before the new year.
Closed Thread