United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s come out fighting this morning

“The sources everyone is talking about aren’t sources, they are just made up blatant lies”

I don’t think he’ll be sacked tbh, I think he’s here until the summer at least.
Daniel Taylor seems to think buys will be made this January. He's not one to tow the party line. We'll see.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Mourinho and LVG were both rubbishing the rumours/leaks too. Days later they were gone.
The Woodward backstab.

Didn't he personally tell LVG that they had no plans to sack him despite an agreement already being in place with Mourinho?

It does sound like the wheels are in motion, Woodward briefs the press the day before a game and tells the manager his jobs safe, and then pulls the trigger. The cowardly, @#%&!y mess of a man.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:30 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf it's a decent answer in the sense Bielsa could get a job in China or Qatar. Which I'm sure Pep would do ahead of taking Leeds.
Nuno left Porto to manage Wolves in the Championship & turned down the Everton job while we were still in the Championship.

I do have a theory on Utd though.

See Villa. Right. We played them the week before and they were a totally different to how they played you. They were defensive and negative because they obviously thought Wolves is a game they should be legitimately looking for points from.

The problem Utd have is that pretty much every team you come against still regard it as a free hit. They're still fully expected to lose against Utd - it is still Manchester United - so they just think, screw it, let's have a right bash at this and if we lose, we lose to Man Utd as expected. It's not the same as when these same teams play City or Liverpool where they we just adopt an armadillo approach and hope for the best. They are actively trying to beat Utd and it's not through lack of fear or respect.

The problem is, that's really quite difficult to face week in, week out if the players you have aren't levels and levels above from the opposition and even harder for a relatively inexperienced manager who is trying to rebuild with younger players.

I always regarded Fergie's greatest strength was that ability to make sure whatever 11 he put out understood that this was the opposition's cup final and there are particular requirements from players to deal with that.

Arsenal are getting a dose of what you're getting at the moment. It's still Arsenal, but rather than just sit in and hope for the best, let's just play with gay abandon and if we lose, we lose.

I think Utd currently lack a right nasty shit who has the physical and technical ability to put down insurgents like Jack frigging Grealish. Seriously. Even Scholes knew how to make himself felt let alone Keane. Who does that for this team?

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Nuno left Porto to manage Wolves in the Championship & turned down the Everton job while we were still in the Championship.

I do have a theory on Utd though.

See Villa. Right. We played them the week before and they were a totally different to how they played you. They were defensive and negative because they obviously thought Wolves is a game they should be legitimately looking for points from.

The problem Utd have is that pretty much every team you come against still regard it as a free hit. They're still fully expected to lose against Utd - it is still Manchester United - so they just think, screw it, let's have a right bash at this and if we lose, we lose to Man Utd as expected. It's not the same as when these same teams play City or Liverpool where they we just adopt an armadillo approach and hope for the best. They are actively trying to beat Utd and it's not through lack of fear or respect.

The problem is, that's really quite difficult to face week in, week out if the players you have aren't levels and levels above from the opposition and even harder for a relatively inexperienced manager who is trying to rebuild with younger players.

I always regarded Fergie's greatest strength was that ability to make sure whatever 11 he put out understood that this was the opposition's cup final and there are particular requirements from players to deal with that.

Arsenal are getting a dose of what you're getting at the moment. It's still Arsenal, but rather than just sit in and hope for the best, let's just play with gay abandon and if we lose, we lose.

I think Utd currently lack a right nasty shit who has the physical and technical ability to put down insurgents like Jack frigging Grealish. Seriously. Even Scholes knew how to make himself felt let alone Keane. Who does that for this team?
Williams

Agree with the entirety of that post though.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Hearing rumours of Brenton!

Say it ain't so

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Zorg

Ole out, Duaners in.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Mourinho and LVG were both rubbishing the rumours/leaks too. Days later they were gone.
I don’t think it’ll happen this time.

I actually (foolishly?) believe the club when they say they’ve learnt their lessons and are looking at a more long term approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Daniel Taylor seems to think buys will be made this January. He's not one to tow the party line. We'll see.
We need at least two in January imo.

We can’t just rely on summer windows for this so called rebuild and if it means paying over the going rate for targets in January then so be it.

A player that could be a good buy for a smallish fee is Ryan Fraser. He’s out of contract in the summer and would add some depth to the attacking options.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:52 PM
shenwen

We could be going into Christmas with four wins. Crazy if you think Ole won’t get the can if that’s the case

Only exception imo is if the board accepts ole has been given a shit hand and take a big chunk of the blame

That’s a big if though

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:09 PM
waynes ear's

we're going to get smashed by Spurs and City. He'll be sacked Sunday and United will get Pochettino

In a year we'll be still fielding dogshit like Phil Jones, Lingard and Fred and the mother£#%&!ers who want Pochettino will be wanting him out

MUFC are a £#%&!ing disgustingly badly run football club and its fans even £#%&!ing worse

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
We could be going into Christmas with four wins. Crazy if you think Ole won’t get the can out that’s the case

Only exception imo is if the board accepts ole has been given a suit hand and take a big chunk of the blame

That’s a big if though
Early Xmas party?

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:43 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Early Christmas party?

Using phone with cold fingers

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:26 PM
barca99

I take great pride in having been at every manager since Fergies last game, I suspect Oles will be no different.

In the coming weeks i'm going to

City 3/1
Colchester 1/1
Burnley 6/4

Take your pick

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:49 PM
S/Side.Red

M.E.N saying Poch wants in.

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
And around we go again..

Unread 03-12-2019, 05:23 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Sam Luckhurst. Possibly one of the stupidest people on the planet trying to get in there with an exclusive. Sadly its more clickbait horseshit

Unread 03-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

A change of manager wont make a difference with this club. Ole may aswell stay and help get rid of the shit@#%&!s.

At most youll see a small increase in form then back to normal with a new manager and we will go round in circles.

Ole in!

Unread 03-12-2019, 06:56 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
A change of manager wont make a difference with this club. Ole may aswell stay and help get rid of the shitc***s.

At most youll see a small increase in form then back to normal with a new manager and we will go round in circles.

Ole in!
Agreed, but sacking Ole and getting in Poch isn't a short term solution. It absolutely won't be done just so we can win a few games in January. It will only be done if people believe Poch is better qualified to build a squad capable of winning things (or even winning 2 games in a row) in say the next 3 to 4 seasons.

Personally I think Poch IS better qualified and we should get him now while we can. The only concern I have is he's a bottler, so he may take us eventually to second in the league, and losing FA cup finalists, losing europa league finalists, losing CL finalists. But still better than where we are now.

Unread 03-12-2019, 06:58 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
we're going to get smashed by Spurs and City. He'll be sacked Sunday and United will get Pochettino

In a year we'll be still fielding dogshit like Phil Jones, Lingard and Fred and the mother£#%&!ers who want Pochettino will be wanting him out

MUFC are a £#%&!ing disgustingly badly run football club and its fans even £#%&!ing worse
All the people, so many people,
And they all go hand-in-hand, hand-in-hand through their parklife.

#GlazersOut

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
A change of manager wont make a difference with this club. Ole may aswell stay and help get rid of the shit@#%&!s.

Ole in!
Tbf I reckon Poch has spent the last five years making Levy look good.

If he can do it with Ed then we may just be in business*

[SIZE="1"]*finish top four again one day

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Tbf I reckon Poch has spent the last five years making Levy look good.

If he can do it with Ed then we may just be in business*

[SIZE="1"]*finish top four again one day
Are you officially #PochIn-#OleOut now blud?
Closed Thread