United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
According to the press he has his heart set on Barca and Ajax don’t want to start an auction, they’d rather let him go where he wants apparently...
Can’t believe he wants to go to Barcelona. Unreal.

Imagine turning down the chance to play alongside Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

He’ll regret that one day. NQAT

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
That's a real shame if so. As you said we should have been all over him after that final.

What decent CBs are out there we could nab? Tah would be good, Skriniar would be stupidly expensive I imagine. Can't think of many others.
Maybe Robert Huth can be coaxed out of retirement?

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
According to the press he has his heart set on Barca and Ajax don’t want to start an auction, they’d rather let him go where he wants apparently...
And that's why they've been left behind.

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Get Koulibaly ffs. We need this type of leadership and authority

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Get Koulibaly ffs. We need this type of leadership and authority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6xRZbO0U8
If he pushes Jones like that he'll probably take out Fergie.

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Should have just got van Dijk when he was available, double bagger with us and not them getting what was obviously going to be the best CB in the league and who wouldn't want zaha playing on the right. We £#%&! ourselves up

Unread 04-04-2019, 02:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Should have just got van Dijk when he was available, double bagger with us and not them getting what was obviously going to be the best CB in the league and who wouldn't want zaha playing on the right. We £#%&! ourselves up
van Dijk when the scousers pissed off Southampton that summer was a £#%&!ing obvious one to nip in and take him. Zaha wasn't ready for us at the time, couldn't handle it.

Unread 04-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
van Dijk when the scousers pissed off Southampton that summer was a £#%&!ing obvious one to nip in and take him. Zaha wasn't ready for us at the time, couldn't handle it.
Handled Moyse's daughter well enough didn't he ?

Unread 04-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, we need more. I'm a Shaw fan and Dalot is a huge talent, so for me I'd be happy to play with seven players as starters: DDG, Dalot, Shaw, Lindelof, Pogba, Martial and Rashford. Obviously these players still have a lot to prove, which is not an ideal situation to be in.

For me the midfield is still the priority. Signing Matic was always going to set us back in that area imo and the focus needs to be on getting a couple of players who can control the match and have the variation in their play to make us more expansive.
Yep. That and a wide right player. No idea who is suited re the midfield. I don't watch much (other) football these days but how good are the two lads linked to City (Saul and Hernandez)? Don't think there's much in that tbh as I thought they were desperate to sign West Ham's Rice. A friend reckons Saul is the %@#$&!s though.

I do want some of the young lads given a chance too so - just throwing it out there - a Europa League run next season might give them an opportunity for more games? Thinking Greenwood, Garner, Gomes, Chong and Axel.