United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2020, 07:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah... he’s pretty good

But Ole would probably play him as an attacking midfielder with Pogba sitting deep

Unread 05-12-2020, 07:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

He’s still no Carrick tbf

Unread 06-12-2020, 12:33 PM
AK14

Would West Ham accept 50-60m or would we be looking at upwards of 80m?

Doubted this guy was that good in the past but he looks a talent and could be exactly what our midfield needs

Could have a Bruno like impact on the team if signed in jan, obviously not in goals and assists but he would give us a much needed balance.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:00 PM
Ronny

Rice and his entire family are Chelsea fans and Lampard is keen to have him, I have read.
Neves would be the one for me,
Wolves aren’t ever going to overtake us.
I would be asking him to run his contract down for a mega deal with us

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:29 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

no way you get a young english international for 50-60m. he's deep in contract as well isn't he? interest from other clubs? sancho was what, 110m?
80-90m easy for this fella...

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:32 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Rice and his entire family are Chelsea fans and Lampard is keen to have him, I have read.
The mandate is to not pay big wages any more. Pay the transfer fee and a wage that is at least 30% more than he's on and we'd get him.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:38 PM
n48

Absolute non starter. Big mates with Mount so his next destination is the Bridge.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Ronny

Compared to Wolves and most of the premier league we pay big wages,
the idea is to exploit that, in the way Bayern Munich have done, to get the players we want.

Unread 06-12-2020, 01:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Knew he was a wrong ‘un when he abandoned Ireland and this just confirms it. Can’t believe anyone would want this absolute traitor in the squad.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:07 PM
utd99

The question we need to be asking is is there any one player out there who can do the job it’s currently taking us two players to perform? It doesn’t have to be Rice, it could be anyone. Because whenever we don’t play two out of the three man rotation of Fred/McT/Matic and task them primarily with protecting the defence we look extremely vulnerable; every time.

However, we lose too much presence going forward by dedicating seven players to defensive duties, especially when our full backs don’t contribute much going forward and our wide forwards have to track back. The balance is all wrong.

Unread 06-12-2020, 02:14 PM
redhegemony

If you find the right person it enables you to play an extra attacking midfielder which makes the defensive role a little easier in terms of passing as there are more options but conversely you have to do more covering and harrying.

It requires vision and great game understanding being in the right place at the right time.

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:49 PM
Neo

Football

Not sure what to make of Declan Rice. Seemed to have little impact on the game last night, and whenever we've played against him, but he also has a lot of positives.

English, big lad who can physically dominate midfield, likes to play the holding role just in front of the back four, where we badly need a top player, and he has a good long-passing range.

Growing rumours that United will bid for him in the summer. I need to watch more of him, but I'm very much 50/50 at the moment, as he needs to improve, but does seem to have the potential in certain areas.

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:51 PM
doudou

Think we could do a lot worse. He's the right age and plays in the right place at least.

We've needed a top-class holding midfielder for about 15 years now, could he be it? (£#%&!ed if I know)

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not sure what to make of Declan Rice. Seemed to have little impact on the game last night, and whenever we've played against him, but he also has a lot of positives.

English, big lad who can physically dominate midfield, likes to play the holding role just in front of the back four, where we badly need a top player, and he has a good long-passing range.

Growing rumours that United will bid for him in the summer. I need to watch more of him, but I'm very much 50/50 at the moment, as he needs to improve, but does seem to have the potential in certain areas.
Agreed that last night wasn’t his best game (though that’s more down to Moyes and hit shithousery), but I think he’s played really well against us in our other recent games against WH.

The future’s bright. The future is Declan

Seriously though, I think he’d be a good addition, he’s still young and he’s exactly the kind of player we are currently missing in midfield (Matic aside, who doesn’t have the legs to play more than one match every 6 months).

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Knockers

Never noticed him whatsoever in any game I’ve ever seen him. If he’s 60 million then The Scottish Player’s 600 million.

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:54 PM
AK14

Good player but I’m just not sure he’s what we need tbh.

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Never noticed him whatsoever in any game I’ve ever seen him. If he’s 60 million then The Scottish Player’s 600 million.
Knockers knows

Unread 10-02-2021, 03:00 PM
doudou

Actually no guarantee we could get him for 60 million anyway. These are the same morons who paid 80 for slab + 55 for £#%&!-Bazooka. But I think the biggest scandal was 50 million for Fred 4 years ago (wasn't has club in the bit of Ukraine that got occupied?)

Unread 10-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Medlock

Haven't seen much but last night he looked very easy to play against.

Unread 10-02-2021, 03:13 PM
Tronics

Not fair to judge a player on one game but he wasn’t that impressive last night

He obviously has ability, he’s probably closest thing to what we are looking for in the Prem but he will cost a f***ing fortune

I would much prefer we go for someone like Bruno Guimarães who plays for Lyon, fairly young, strong in the tackle and has a great range of passing, he even bagged a couple assists the other day actually.
Closed Thread