United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We have had a comfortable start. If we maintain it and we are top at the end of next month, then it'll have been an impressive start.

Excuse me for not getting too giddy so far.
Excused, I suppose.

But it's ON, belie dat.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
4th was pretty comfortable tbf.

And being top of the table for the first time in two years is progress by any standards you wish to measure it by.
It is. Will LVG change his goals for the season? A few weeks backs he was saying that Utd were probably not ready to win the title, talking about second or third, but watching the rest it is there to win. He is probably surprised at how erratic City and Chelsea are proving to be.

Unexpected for it to be a possibility at this stage of the team's development but the opportunity is there.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Excused, I suppose.

But it's ON, belie dat.

No wonder he had a heart attack. State of him ffs.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Vedder

Fantastic being top going into the month of doom

£#%&!ing state of October

Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is. Will LVG change his goals for the season? A few weeks backs he was saying that Utd were probably not ready to win the title, talking about second or third, but watching the rest it is there to win. He is probably surprised at how erratic City and Chelsea are proving to be.

Unexpected for it to be a possibility at this stage of the team's development but the opportunity is there.

If he thinks we can compete for second then we should be competing for the league because there isn't one standout team.

I'm not saying we'll win it because i think we are still flawed, still have a lot to prove and it's far far too early to make any serious judgements on anybody......but i think we'll be in the mix.

We are improving as a squad and its reflecting on the pitch. I expect us to get 8-12 more points than we did last season and that'll put us in the mix.

S/Side.Red

Quote:

It's an unforgiving league for teams who are not organised and fully focused. An area LvG can have the edge. Of course winning it may well still prove to be beyond us, but I said a few weeks back that unless City really did power away from everyone we have a duty to challenge. We'd all be happy at this stage of the process to be in with a shout in April, surely? No excuse for not competing atm.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
If he thinks we can compete for second then we should be competing for the league because there isn't one standout team.

I'm not saying we'll win it because i think we are still flawed, still have a lot to prove and it's far far too early to make any serious judgements on anybody......but i think we'll be in the mix.

We are improving as a squad and its reflecting on the pitch. I expect us to get 8-12 more points than we did last season and that'll put us in the mix.
The squad depth will probably be the killer, especially if we have significant runs in multiple cup competitions. Just on today why were Schweinsteiger and Young brought on? Perfect opportunity to give minutes to Perriera and Herrera.

Utd should always have the ambition to win the title, even if they do not succeed this year the mindset needs to be drilled into the squad.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
The squad depth will probably be the killer, especially if we have significant runs in multiple cup competitions. Just on today why was Schweinsteiger or Young brought on? Perfect opportunity to give minutes to Perriera and Herrera.

Utd should always have the ambition to win the title, even if they do not succeed this year the mindset needs to be drilled into the squad.
We need to be lucky with injuries fo sho, but (Shaw notwithstanding) maybe we are due a bit of good fortune there after last season

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Lok

The way we play means results will be ok in the big games.

It's the games against smaller teams where we fail to score early that cause its problems.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:41 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It's the games against smaller teams where we fail to score early that cause its problems.
Yes, like Sunderland.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

we've just scored 3 against sunderland, pal...

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes, like Sunderland.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:47 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Had a relatively easy start tbf, and arguably should have taken all available points.

The run of fixtures next month will give us a clearer indication as to whether we are moving in the right direction. No easy games amongst them, with european fixtures in the mix too.
Utd were easy winners of the mini league amongst the top sides. It was putting away the other teams was the problem.

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Billy Redface

I see BBC are already off with how poor the league is if a side like us are top of it

So it's the best league in the world when we're not top and the worst league in years when we are

Unread 26-09-2015, 05:52 PM
King Eric

1. Manchester United.

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I see BBC are already off with how poor the league is if a side like us are top of it

So it's the best league in the world when we're not top and the worst league in years when we are
Pretty much. The truth they do not want to admit is that this league desperately needs a strong Utd, they have had their fun mocking Utd over the last 2 years but it is not much fun when City are the flagship for the PL in European football.

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Had a relatively easy start tbf, and arguably should have taken all available points.

The run of fixtures next month will give us a clearer indication as to whether we are moving in the right direction. No easy games amongst them, with european fixtures in the mix too.
Yep, indeed.

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Why Don?

What about the par league?

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Pop

Quote:

Sunday Supplement will be like a £#%&!ing funeral wake tomorrow morning.

Hope the @#%&!s choke on their plastic croissants.

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:22 PM
suedeshoes

On. Winning it due to dull football and Louis' big knackers
Closed Thread