Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2015, 10:48 PM
TheFatGoth

His subs are shit except when they're good

Unread 15-09-2015, 10:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, but if you ignore the game three days ago where two subs made a great impact, his subs are always terrible

Unread 15-09-2015, 10:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Yeah, but if you ignore the game three days ago where two subs made a great impact, his subs are always terrible
essentially, his substitutions are only good when he has picked such a £#%&!ing awful team in the first place that anything would be an improvement.

by which I mean no fellaini > fellaini, obvs.

Unread 15-09-2015, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
essentially, his substitutions are only good when he has picked such a £#%&!ing awful team in the first place that anything would be an improvement.

by which I mean no fellaini > fellaini, obvs.
Nobody would have started Young ahead of Memphis on Saturday. The change at HT was a good one. Face it.

Unread 15-09-2015, 11:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Nobody would have started Young ahead of Memphis on Saturday. The change at HT was a good one. Face it.
I would have started young ahead of mata. and I would have subbed mata and fellaini rather than memphis too.

Unread 15-09-2015, 11:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I would have started young ahead of mata. and I would have subbed mata and fellaini rather than memphis too.
Well aren't you something...

Unread 15-09-2015, 11:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Well aren't you something...
I would probably have subbed mata and fellaini for young, tbh. :0)

Unread 15-09-2015, 11:58 PM
My Name is Keith

His subs are generally a bit shit tbf. Bit baffling in truth.

But it's a relatively minor issue in a decreasing list of issues.

Unread 15-09-2015, 11:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Someone needs to do him a favour and put down Fellaini and Valencia

Frankly our attacking options on the bench are shite
Not sure who else he could have brought on tonight

Where are Pereira and Lingard
Both would be much better subs than Valencia and Fellaini

We really don't chase a game well under LvG do we

Unread 16-09-2015, 12:01 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
the £#%&!ing state of that sub board.

Unread 16-09-2015, 12:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Someone needs to do him a favour and put down Fellaini and Valencia

Frankly our attacking options on the bench are shite
Not sure who else he could have brought on tonight

Where are Pereira and Lingard
Both would be much better sub than Valencia and Fellaini

We really don't chase a game well under LvG do we
Pereira and Wilson were in the squad. No mention of Lingard at all since pre-season. You'd have to think he'll be off out on loan, as will Wilson.

If that happens, 16 senior outfield players, backed up by McNair and Pereira atm we had bigger squads in the 80's ffs

Unread 16-09-2015, 12:03 AM
angrydimaria

Looks like the only youngsters LVG trusts are the ones that are bought by him for big money. Baffling how chest monster is getting games ahead of wilson or pereira.

Unread 16-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
Changed the game on Saturday with Young at half time, and then Martial for the winner.
Didn't see you making any threads about his subs after that.

Martial looks the business, don't know how anyone is moaning about him at this stage
Because they can.

Unread 16-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Again it is very strange that Nani, Kagawa & Welbeck were sold & Fellaini, Mata, Valencia & Young were all retained ahead of them.

Strange ... or stupid.

Young to his credit has looked decent off the bench sometimes, a good enough squad option. Valencia is a decent back up at right back.

I'm not convinced by Mata but he is likeable & at least has some technical ability.

Fellaini is a disgrace in footballing terms - and his snide elbow/stamps reflect badly on his character.

Janujaz is shipped off on loan after a couple of ineffectual performances but Mata is allowed runs of games where he's easily pushed off the ball & misses easy chances

And as others mention; Wilson & Pereira are nowhere to be seen.

Really not what I expected from LVG - the combinations between Martial & Memphis, however, have been.

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:13 AM
woody78

Quote:
I never said they were always terrible

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:27 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
the £#%&!ing state of that sub board.
why's it got clock markings on it when it's digital?

miss the old plastic numbers tbh.

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
why's it got clock markings on it when it's digital?

miss the old plastic numbers tbh.
New to Hublot?

Wilson ffs. The current manager who apparently makes all the right decisions can't wait to get rid of him and people are wondering where he is

Of all the players over the last five years who have proved they're not good enough for the the first team, Wilson has proved it the most.

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:41 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
New to Hublot?

Wilson ffs. The current manager who apparently makes all the right decisions can't wait to get rid of him and people are wondering where he is

Of all the players over the last five years who have proved they're not good enough for the the first team, Wilson has proved it the most.
Still drunk pal ?

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:44 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
New to Hublot?

nobody says he makes all the right decisions

why are you talking in absolutes like a fat 13yr old girl these days?

Unread 16-09-2015, 08:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
nobody says he makes all the right decisions

why are you talking in absolutes like a fat 13yr old girl these days?
I think the stresses and strains he's under are taking their toll. Behaving like an utter £#%&!ing #@&%! on here atm. Having some sympathy given the shit he's up to, but picking on a 19 year old kid for not being the answer to all United's problems is poor show.
Closed Thread