Good 43 53.75%
mediocre 21 26.25%
poor 4 5.00%
LVG and Woodward are frauds 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:13 PM
taff

the midfield is amply stocked yet the goalkeepers, defence and strikers have all been subject to various debacles.

it's like the antithesis of the ferguson years.

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
the midfield is amply stocked yet the goalkeepers, defence and strikers have all been subject to various debacles.

it's like the antithesis of the ferguson years.
Think our defence is pretty reasonable tbh

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wanting other fredsters negged while you lack the balls to get in the rep game yourself? Even by your standards ned, this is a new low.

Reported btw.

Also reported for cyber bullying

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:19 PM
barca99

Im amazed how upbeat some people are. What started out with great potential turned out to be average imo.

Positive

Darmian
Sch x2
Got rid of some shit

Negative

De gea suppose time will tell
Not replacing attacking players
Not buying Pedro
No centre back
Very underwhelming 'world class' signing :shakehead:

Playing catch up already, its going to be a long season, with alot of pointless games as we whimper to 4th with about 70 points.

Pray for a decent cup run

Doom!

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Im amazed how upbeat some people are. What started out with great potential turned out to be average imo.

Positive

Darmian
Sch x2
Got rid of some shit

Negative

De gea suppose time will tell
Not replacing attacking players
Not buying Pedro
No centre back
Very underwhelming 'world class' signing :shakehead:

Playing catch up already, its going to be a long season, with alot of pointless games as we whimper to 4th with about 70 points.

Pray for a decent cup run

Doom!
Alright Fella, your positives Far far our way your nonsensical negatives.

Hth.

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:33 PM
ralph

We're very much in need of a striker, but the options out there at present are limited - so i'll cautiously run with what we've got for now. LVG's reliance on Rooney concerns me and could cost us dearly.

So what could have been excellent window has turned out to be adequate. United chances of winning the league are slim this season but it looks like the foundations are being built for the long term strength of the club after years of under investment coupled with a fair few mediocre signings.

Managing to get rid of nearly all the dross in the squad left from the last days of Ferguson and the Moyes debacle has been an achievement in itself.

There's a lot riding on the likes Of Martian, Wilson, Perreira and co now to make their mark and fight for places in the first team. I'm still not fully behind LVG but his record of bringing through young players and establishing a certain identity of play as is his trademark gives him the benefit of the doubt, ergo lets see how he does for the next two seasons.

Top four is essential again and nothing but a run at the title will do for next season. And a bit more entertainment wouldn't go amiss.

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:39 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Alright Fella, your positives Far far our way your nonsensical negatives.

Hth.
We'll see pal.

Call me silly but with the right signings i thought we could of challenged. £#%&!ed it now though. Needed to hit the ground running and we are 5 behind already playing shit

City wont drop 5 points all season etc etc

Unread 01-09-2015, 07:51 PM
itisme_panaflex

For sure a good window.

The supporters who started following united during the peak years are £#%&!ed. We will never get that prolonged stretch of success back.
They're like children of self made millionaires who have suddenly lost most their wealth. Absolute zero perspective or mental strength.

Unread 01-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

didn't realise we had signed some @#%&! from newport county, too.

all hail woodward

Unread 01-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Baron

Close to excellent, a gnats #@&%! from shambolic.

At least it wasn't dull & we've got rid of most of the @#%&!s.

Finally a midfield & some pace up front. Albeit raw as £#%&!.

Classic Utd tbh.

Unread 01-09-2015, 09:24 PM
signed dc

LVG 7.865
Woody 5.575

Unread 01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Tough one to judge at this stage but I've went with good because the signings we have made have been really good
Much better than our ill thought out summer transfer window last season

However we have ended with the weakest collection of attacking players we've had for decades

A quality quick wide right player would make such a difference to this side as Mata currently is at best a decent stop gap in that position but shouldn't be playing there regularly
Sorry for bringing up Pedro again but someone like him who maybe isn't world class but is still a very good wide player would have made this an excellent transfer window

Unread 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
rebelcountyred

Good window, very happy with thenewplayers in, it was always going to be difficult to fix all our problems this summer ( should have started last summer really) and we created another problem by letting so many attacking players go. Anyway left back sorted, midfield finally looks solid, couple of exciting young wingers,yeah a good window.

Unread 01-09-2015, 09:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Could be excellent given the improvements to the midfield and right back positions and the lancing of the dross. But we need to score goals to win football matches and I'm amazed with how many (average) forward players we have shipped out in favour of one unproven expensive youngster.

The martial signing could be a master stroke - but if Rooney continues his shit @#%&!ery, it will look like a £#%&! up. For now, I'll trust a proven manager and our scouting network to know more than any of us and me certainly.

I hope to £#%&! we get something against the scousers though - just to put the hyenas off the scent for a bit.

Unread 01-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I think you'll find he won't be in goal for United's next game.
Did valdes leave? Valdes and van gaal always used to fall out at barca apparently, but always made up eventually. And de gea could well have a new contract and be back in goal by the end of the month.

Can't help thinking united did it deliberately to £#%&! over Madrid and gamble on de gea's self interest in the short term bringing him to the negotiating table to find a solution everyone's happy with.

Unread 01-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

If you'd have gone into hibernation at the start of the summer and just woken up to see united had added 2 young, pacy forwards; 2 class central midfielders; a class right back and kept de gea, you'd be made up. It's another significant step towards becoming a top team again. The last time we brought in so many consecutive good signings over a couple of seasons was back in 90-93 and the Rooney, van nistlerooy and Ferdinand consecutive summers with Ronaldo thrown in for good measure.

It's only letting the media pull our strings with sensationalist bullshit on a daily basis that makes this window seem worse.

Unread 01-09-2015, 11:10 PM
jem

could have done with another striker, a playmaker, a centre back and a tricksy winger..... sure. and I could have a faster car and a bigger #@&%!. would be churlish to complain under the circumstances.

Unread 01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
utd99

If we did nothing but get rid of Evans it would have been a good window.

Unread 02-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Sparky***

So let's do the maths.

IN
Martial £36m
Memphis £24m
Schwein £6.5m
Schneid £25m
Darmian £12m
Romero FREE

TOTAL: 103m

OUT
Nani £4.2m
RVP £4m
Di Maria £44.4m
Rafael £2.5m
Evans £8m
Chicharito £7m
James £1m
Henriquez £1.1m

NET: £30m

Unread 02-09-2015, 01:29 AM
MrBishi

Stupid question for the poll, asking about two separate people.

Keyser Woodze's done exactly what's been asked of him, it's only agents pissing about and using the media which has made us look poor in the eyes of £#%&!wits. Whereas LVG has commendably fixed up the midfield, but left us completely in the lurch elsewhere and has made a serious error in wanting DDG out.

In short - Ed good, Louis bad, rafabio #@&%!.
Closed Thread