United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2015, 07:26 PM
utd99

Ok here's the quote, when asked why Herrera wasn't starting subsequent to the Spurs and Villa games:

Quote:
"I like a second striker in that position (behind Rooney) more than a third midfielder. That is why, for example, Herrera is not playing but is always coming on as a substitute, because he is more of a controlling midfielder there."
There's a part of me that thinks he speaks better English than he lets on too.

Unread 28-08-2015, 07:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ok here's the quote, when asked why Herrera wasn't starting subsequent to the Spurs and Villa games:

There's a part of me that thinks he speaks better English than he lets on too.
I still don't get that

If he wanted more of a 2nd striker to play that role then why didn't he sign one instead of playing Memphis and Januzaj there

Unread 28-08-2015, 07:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I still don't get that

If he wanted more of a 2nd striker to play that role then why didn't he sign one instead of playing Memphis and Januzaj there
Your guess is as good as mine mate. However, I think he does like a little conversion our Louis. Adds to the legend.

Re. the 10, it's not about whether you have an S or an M next to your name, it's about quality. Does anyone really think over the course of the season, that Herrera wouldn't score significantly more goals, set up more and create more chances than Januzaj? He's a far better player. Maybe that won't always be the case, but it certainly is now.

Unread 28-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Semantic Lisp

i like the way he uses language but you have to listen carefully

i imagine he wants more flair in the 10, so would prefer a pacey skilful wide mid who can also play through over an AM who works mainly in combinations and short passing ball possession

wonder if he's planning on playing counter-attack at swansea

Unread 28-08-2015, 07:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp

i imagine he wants more flair in the 10, so would prefer a pacey skilful wide mid who can also play through over an AM who works mainly in combinations and short passing ball possession

wonder if he's planning on playing counter-attack at swansea
Even if he's not particularly planning it, it'll happen naturally. They won't sit back and defend. There will be openings for well executed breaks.

Unread 29-08-2015, 01:48 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
:0)
Closed Thread