United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
5 goals scored by Utd in the last 9 league games,
Thank god last seasons results don't count this season then.

Unread 22-08-2015, 04:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
I would say RVPs problem were the fact that he never got over Fergie's retirement, so I i would say RVP was in serious depression in last two years, so it was worth based on that to get rid, but what we need currently is player like RVP in 2012-13. But those 3 words it what I would use to describe Rooney though.
Whatever the reasons, with him and Falcao up front last season we had one of the slowest "attacks" anywhere

Unread 22-08-2015, 04:43 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It was amazing tbf. We've just struggled against the worst team in the league, can't wait to see your positive spin on that.
We played better than the previous 2 games

Unread 22-08-2015, 04:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It was amazing tbf. We've just struggled against the worst team in the league, can't wait to see your positive spin on that.
Sunderland are just down the road, pal.

Unread 22-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Amish Mash

Funny how nobody is mentioning a new centre half anymore.

We need a new, insert position dependent on the result/performance, and we will be sorted.

We were unlucky today but do need options up front but we're not far away.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Whatever the reasons, with him and Falcao up front last season we had one of the slowest "attacks" anywhere
Getting rid of all three of Rooney, RVP, Falcao (I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him), was the correct call, not binning Rooney as well was wrong imo.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Switching Off

We could by Messi, Ronaldo and Bale but if you just PROBE for an opening the last ten minutes it probably won't help.

No issues with the filoshofee generally, but 0-0 with ten minutes to go we need to be taking risks and not passing it about like #@&%!s. This is where Giggly should have some balls and say something.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:15 PM
TheFatGoth

Should get an extra point for every 10 league goals you score. That would shake up the game a bit.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Ethers

Adnan was great today. Memphis had a fantastic first half. Mata looked a lot better when he had a proper striker on. Both full backs linking up very well.

Exciting times ahead

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Adnan was great today. Memphis had a fantastic first half. Mata looked a lot better when he had a proper striker on. Both full backs linking up very well.

Exciting times ahead
Neymar to look forward to aswell.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Dave L

I couldn't put my finger on the problem today, we looked good at first but not dangerous.
Rooney looked a lot fitter , we probably knocked too many pointless ball into the box too many times without actually seeing a player to get onto it.
besides janu being weak when challenged I couldn't see any real faults elsewhere.
was chatting to my son about fellani would have been a good sub if available.,
and that to me is a worry, our only answer to a crap Newcastle team,would have been fellani

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Ethers

Janners was weak when challenged?

Clueless.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Dave L

he fell over more than nani maybe not visable on tv ? but on the field every time he was touched he went over.
proof will be if hes dropped next week.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:35 PM
NegativeNorris

Get a decent manager in and we'll be fine.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Who?

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Dave L

jury`s still out on LVG , Its not beautiful footie like were used too, but we haven`t conceded a goal yet so something's working.

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Yeah, bring back Gollum

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:43 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Who?
Someone handsome. Not some real life beavis and butthead character.

Carlo Ancellotti

Unread 22-08-2015, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
We could by Messi, Ronaldo and Bale but if you just PROBE for an opening the last ten minutes it probably won't help.

No issues with the filoshofee generally, but 0-0 with ten minutes to go we need to be taking risks and not passing it about like #@&%!s. This is where Giggly should have some balls and say something.
It's hard to say which is the right way to find that opening, though. I remember against Brugge there was a collective sigh from the crowd on 92 minutes because we took a short free-kick, which was then worked to the back post and created a great chance for Smalling. Thirty seconds later when everyone wants the ball pumped forward, it's worked out to the left and Schweini lays it off for Memphis to pick Fellaini out. Often rushing it or just launching it into the box doesn't work either.

I think you can see this team is not far away. But it's still coming together. I think LvG will continue to want them to trust in their football. We want it all. We want risk, but hate players like Nani who take risk, but we also don't like long football or a more measured approach. Basically it all comes down to goals. If Chicha scores that chance, or they don't clear it off the line, nobody is complaining.

Unread 22-08-2015, 06:09 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's hard to say which is the right way to find that opening, though. I remember against Brugge there was a collective sigh from the crowd on 92 minutes because we took a short free-kick, which was then worked to the back post and created a great chance for Smalling. Thirty seconds later when everyone wants the ball pumped forward, it's worked out to the left and Schweini lays it off for Memphis to pick Fellaini out. Often rushing it or just launching it into the box doesn't work either.

I think you can see this team is not far away. But it's still coming together. I think LvG will continue to want them to trust in their football. We want it all. We want risk, but hate players like Nani who take risk, but we also don't like long football or a more measured approach. Basically it all comes down to goals. If Chicha scores that chance, or they don't clear it off the line, nobody is complaining.
true. and this is the reason most used to enjoy united under fergie even if the general performances were turgid because there used to be so many good moments to remember.

for ex southampton 2 - united 3 in first rvp away game or united 4 - 3 newcastle. The general performance would not be great but with those goals you don't remember that much.

And what I hate most is the fact that there is absolutely no urgency even in last 5 mins. usually united chasing a match was the most thrilling event and now its so £#%&!ing dull.
Closed Thread