United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:39 PM
angrydimaria

Default attacking options

we have absolute none apart from memphis. Today showed how reliant we are on him.

200m spent and LVG has come up with the most static and dullest united team in premier league era.

washed up striker, unwanted striker, slowest playmaker, a young erratic star and 2 useless wingers in janners and young. These are our options.

We would have won against newcastle if we had fellaini. Shows that is the only attacking plan that LVG has.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Kill All Hippies

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
we have absolute none apart from memphis. Today showed how reliant we are on him.

200m spent and LVG has come up with the most static and dullest united team in premier league era.
£#%&! off

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill All Hippies
£#%&! off

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:41 PM
saffers

The setup doesnt get the best out of mata and rooney though.The 433 did. And that formation also saw the inclusion of herrera who is our teams engine....sitting on the bench in a game deadlocked at nil nil. Even valencia on ahead of him.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:43 PM
dunk

The decks have been well and truly cleared in that area so there must be something happening, or at least plans for something to happen. Whether they can do it in the next 10 days remains to be seen...

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:44 PM
angrydimaria

no formation will bring out the best in rooney and mata since both are so painfully slow. the only time we look like creating something is when memphis gets the ball.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:46 PM
beersexchipsgravy

We're getting Neymar, his Mrs will love Manchester.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:47 PM
red in cumbria

The fact he isn't giving Wilson a chance (even a place on the bench) suggests LvG has something planned before the deadline - shurely?

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:48 PM
saffers

No point signing anyone now. It would be a panic buy.

Just get the best out of the players youve got. Do some coaching.

Van gaal isnt a cheque book manager.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Jethro

Glad someone started a thread on the subject

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:51 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

looking like that though...

fergie would have made mince meat of this league.

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Which, again, makes me wonder why Wilson isn't even getting a sniff.

Unlike some here I like Hernandez, but he is almost as past it and washed up as Rooney currently appears to be

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:54 PM
forzagarza

Break rooneys legs. When he's in a wheelchair push him over by a canal

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Tronics

its an odd one, because i'd much rather we were well stocked in midfield and defence (as we are now) than have a group of 4 world class attacking players who we couldn't supply, as has been the case since the SAF years

but you have to imagine that LvG cannot be satisfied with only having Fellaini as an alternative attacking option? And even that should be used as a last resort.

but considering how we'd have to spend to get someone in, this late in the window, i doubt anything will happen.

with that being said LvG needs to use some different combo's in attack. as much as i love seeing Schweni, Morgan and Carrick, do you really need to play them both at home against Newcastle? i dont think so personally. that's where players like Herrera could off a good option, either coming off from the bench or playing for 60-70 mins etc

whats with Januzaj always getting outmuscled? he doesn't seem to able skip away from challenges in the way that Hazard and Neymar do. he always seems to let himself get involved in a physical duel, which he's never going to win

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:58 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
its an odd one, because i'd much rather we were well stocked in midfield and defence (as we are now) than have a group of 4 world class attacking players who we couldn't supply, as has been the case since the SAF years

but you have to imagine that LvG cannot be satisfied with only having Fellaini as an alternative attacking option? And even that should be used as a last resort.

but considering how we'd have to spend to get someone in, this late in the window, i doubt anything will happen.

with that being said LvG needs to use some different combo's in attack. as much as i love seeing Schweni, Morgan and Carrick, do you really need to play them both at home against Newcastle? i dont think so personally. that's where players like Herrera could off a good option, either coming off from the bench or playing for 60-70 mins etc

whats with Januzaj always getting outmuscled? he doesn't seem to able skip away from challenges in the way that Hazard and Neymar do. he always seems to let himself get involved in a physical duel, which he's never going to win
because he is a bit shit?

Unread 22-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The fact he isn't giving Wilson a chance (even a place on the bench) suggests LvG has something planned before the deadline - shurely?
More philosophy hopefully.

Unread 22-08-2015, 03:00 PM
ralph

Frustrating isn't it. We're not that far off from being a very good side

A couple of players with pace and power like Montero and Lukaku would help big time.

Unread 22-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:

Could we just refund that Turkey team and get RVP back, I mean RVP at his worst is more likely to get back to his best than Rooney going form his worst average back his best.

But in all seriousness I hope he sing no one and playing rooney upfront will cost Van Gaal his job.

Unread 22-08-2015, 03:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria

washed up striker, unwanted striker, slowest playmaker, a young erratic star and 2 useless wingers in janners and young. These are our options.

We would have won against newcastle if we had fellaini. Shows that is the only attacking plan that LVG has.
Three games.

The point of going with Memph and Adnan is that it will take patience. The attack is incomplete. I'd like to see someone else. But in the meantime it would be better to acknowledge that they are trying to be positive, it's just not coming together yet.

Unread 22-08-2015, 03:05 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Three games.

The point of going with Memph and Adnan is that it will take patience. The attack is incomplete. I'd like to see someone else. But in the meantime it would be better to acknowledge that they are trying to be positive, it's just not coming together yet.
I doubt it will come together after 38 games pal if these are going to be our options. The only way it will come together is if we start lumping it to fellaini like last season.
Closed Thread