View Poll Results: Will lvg last the season
Yes 21 72.41%
No 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Sparky***

He'll probably last the season.

However when we bomb out of the champions league in midweek, if we go and then drop out of the top 4 in the new year, which is looking increasingly likely the way things are going, i can see him being sacked tbh.

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Oh, not denying that - after all teams have been coming to OT for a draw throughout PL history.

Just that West Ham being "gutted" at drawing is a bit much nonetheless - their only decent chances came from our £#%&! ups and they showed basically zero ambition.

Agree, but we should be beating them. And the football is absolutely dire, no question.

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Albert Tatlock

If he left now, just who the £#%&! are you going to replace him with ?

Giggs ?

Nicky Butt and Scholes joint managers ?

There is no point in binning a manager unless you've got a beter option available to replace him... so who's better and currently available ?

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Giggs ?

There is no point in binning a manager unless you've got a beter option available to replace him... so who's better and currently available ?
What I said on the other thread.

But if things don't improve soon we should be begging Pep to come here in the summer, whatever it takes

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:35 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
True on gd. I didn't look too closely. I still don't see how top four will be a struggle considering we've been shit this season and are currently top four.

Things you've never done:

1. Kissed a girl.
2. Kicked a football in the direction you intended.
3. Supported United.
No need to bring out your lifetime achievements pal... Everyone knows it

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What I said on the other thread.

But if things don't improve soon we should be begging Pep to come here in the summer, whatever it takes
"Pep" lost 3-1 today

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
"Pep" lost 3-1 today
At least they, like Spurs, scored.

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM
King Eric

I would imagine the powers up above are more than happy with LVG. It's only some of the fans that aren't happy and I can't blame them, but as for where we are in the table, it's hard to knock him.

Unread 05-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Zorg

Manchester United don't sack managers

Unread 05-12-2015, 08:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
But there's 100's of answers to swat that away.

"What about 4-4-2 then, Louis?"

"At half time, when you could see (well, the fans could) how it was going, why didn't you change the system?"

etc
Change the system? I'd settle for him getting out of his £#%&!ing chair.

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Manchester United don't sack managers
They have sacked all but two since WW2.

(I know you will know this, but it is surprising how many people don't)

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Change the system? I'd settle for him getting out of his £#%&!ing chair.
I don't care about whether he stands on the sidelines roaring and losing his shit or what. It's the players. They're the ones that need to put the ball in the £#%&!ing net and how the manager behaves on the touchline is totally irrelevant.

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
I don't care about whether he stands on the sidelines roaring and losing his shit or what. It's the players. They're the ones that need to put the ball in the £#%&!ing net and how the manager behaves on the touchline is totally irrelevant.
So then every other top manager in the history of football, including our own, should have just sat the £#%&! down and shut the £#%&! up then.

Tulip knows..

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Top four or not I hope the boring @#%&! chokes on a chicken bone at Wings tonight.

Anyone that thinks that this current United squad are not capable of serving up a more attacking style of football is either mentally insane or knows nothing about football.

WTF was today about? That back four was unnecessarily unbalanced and it showed with our play down the flanks especially in the first half. A right back playing at left back, a centre back at right back and Blind who is more than capable of playing at left back filling in at centre back.

Don't even get me started on the negative two holding midfielders. Why oh why do we need Schneiders and Schweiny sitting in front of back four at home to West Ham who's best attacking players were out injured?

If we go out of Europe on Wednesday it will be down to one man and his dull negative tactics. We should be topping that group at ease. If he fails and taking in to account spending over £250m in 18 months he deserves the sack there and then.

I personally don't give a £#%&! that we are three points off the top and sitting in the top four. I cannot stand watching the shit being served up week after week by that boring Dutch @#%&!.

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:34 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Agree to a degree but the buck stops with LVG, he coaches the players, makes tactical decisions for the games and picks the side. To say some of his decision making is bizarre is an understatement. There are clubs in the premiership with inferior players playing much more attacking and expansive football and that is down to the manager and his coaching staff.

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Agree to a degree but the buck stops with LVG, he coaches the players, makes tactical decisions for the games and picks the side. To say some of his decision making is bizarre is an understatement. There are clubs in the premiership with inferior players playing much more attacking and expansive football and that is down to the manager and his coaching staff.
No shit. But it's what he should be doing when we're not looking and clearly isn't that forms the basis of attacking football. Not roaring from the touchline but actually coaching them.

Unread 05-12-2015, 09:37 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Giggs ?

You could just as easily argue there's no point keeping a manager you no longer believe in simply because you don't have Pep or Carlo waiting to step in.

If the board believes the squad has talent, and frankly for the money spent you'd have to, then you tell Giggs he has the remainder of the season to sink or swim, if it works great, if it doesn't throw money at a big name in the summer, the squad is good enough to finish top 6 or 7 unless Giggs starts selecting Martial at full back or some shit..

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Top four or not I hope the boring @#%&! chokes on a chicken bone at Wings tonight.

Anyone that thinks that this current United squad are not capable of serving up a more attacking style of football is either mentally insane or knows nothing about football.

WTF was today about? That back four was unnecessarily unbalanced and it showed with our play down the flanks especially in the first half. A right back playing at left back, a centre back at right back and Blind who is more than capable of playing at left back filling in at centre back.

Don't even get me started on the negative two holding midfielders. Why oh why do we need Schneiders and Schweiny sitting in front of back four at home to West Ham who's best attacking players were out injured?

If we go out of Europe on Wednesday it will be down to one man and his dull negative tactics. We should be topping that group at ease. If he fails and taking in to account spending over £250m in 18 months he deserves the sack there and then.

I personally don't give a £#%&! that we are three points off the top and sitting in the top four. I cannot stand watching the shit being served up week after week by that boring Dutch @#%&!.
It's hard to argue with any part of this except the wings bit.

Good post as per.

Quote:
No shit. But it's what he should be doing when we're not looking and clearly isn't that forms the basis of attacking football. Not roaring from the touchline but actually coaching them.
So, in seriousness, do you not think that a manager can have any influence at all mid half, especially if we have young inexperienced players? If not, is everyone else that has ever coached at the top level wrong?

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So, in seriousness, do you not think that a manager can have any influence at all mid half, especially if we have young inexperienced players? If not, is everyone else that has ever coached at the top level wrong?
Everyone else who's ever managed? Really?
Closed Thread