United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2015, 08:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yeah he actually got down ok but he almost pulls back his right hand instead of extending it. Very fishy.
I've seen him do that before tbh. Few years back, corner against Portsmouth I think. Ball just goes over his head, but he jumped about six inches and arms weren't fully extended. First thing I thought was that he purposely let it go. Watch enough football and things like that immediately strike you as odd. Body shape and dynamics are just wrong.

Unread 09-08-2015, 08:41 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
I thought that too

It's so bad It looks like a match fixing job
Watched it a few times and it's actually more like he uses his right hand to break his fall as he's diving. He got down early enough and if he had had his right arm outstretched instead of trying to break his fall he could've saved it. He's never been the same since the kick in the head. It affected him badly. He was challenging to be the best keeper in the world for maybe 3 years and it's kind of sad to see him in this state.

I'm just relieved we didn't sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I've seen him do that before tbh. Few years back, corner against Portsmouth I think. Ball just goes over his head, but he jumped about six inches and arms weren't fully extended. First thing I thought was that he purposely let it go. Watch enough football and things like that immediately strike you as odd. Body shape and dynamics are just wrong.
As above I think it's got to be some sort of injury he's trying to protect or a mental issue.

Unread 09-08-2015, 08:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

As above I think it's got to be some sort of injury he's trying to protect or a mental issue.
Probably. Odd though.

Unread 09-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Tiberian

He is not great on the ball either, clearly a step down in that regards compared to best around these days. 3/4 times in the second half he made simple passes look very difficult.

Unread 09-08-2015, 09:03 PM
utd99

Arsenal's supposed grand larceny of us and Chelsea hasn't exactly panned out so far.

Unread 09-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Red Al

Looks like we dodged a bullit as some Utd fans wanted him to replace DDG.

Unread 10-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Grimson

In advanced goalkeeper coach-speak, we call what Cech did for the second goal "completely £#%&!ing up."

He had one player in front of him and should have been able to see something of the ball. He takes a big lateral hop to his left, and by the time he realizes it's going to his right, it's far too late. The 'dive' was a sort of apology.

Unread 10-08-2015, 07:59 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Arsenal's supposed grand larceny of us and Chelsea hasn't exactly panned out so far.
No mate, Welbeck scored 4 league goals last year, a hat trick against some Turkish team and an open goal against us in the cup.

Cech also £#%&!ed up for the first goal yesterday btw

Unread 10-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
In advanced goalkeeper coach-speak, we call what Cech did for the second goal "completely £#%&!ing up."

He had one player in front of him and should have been able to see something of the ball. He takes a big lateral hop to his left, and by the time he realizes it's going to his right, it's far too late. The 'dive' was a sort of apology.
Yep, he just guessed the player was going to use the CB as a shield and bend it round him. It didn't happen and he looked a bit silly.

Unread 10-08-2015, 09:15 AM
rustling jimmies

Not the greatest performance from Cech however I agree with Souness in that he will prove to be a great signing for them imo.

He's still easily one of the best keepers in the league.

Unread 10-08-2015, 01:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

His headlong charge to the wrong place for the first goal was pretty £#%&!ing awful too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
Not the greatest performance from Cech however I agree with Souness in that he will prove to be a great signing for them imo.

He's still easily one of the best keepers in the league.
Yes, keep on repeating that. You might even get a job on match of the day. Fact is his powers are on the wane but aside from that he will now feel more pressure and that can bring its own errors.
I'd love to think he'll drop %@#$&!s like this in every game but of course he won't. I don't see him making the difference Arsenal require though.
Closed Thread