United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2015, 07:26 PM
angrydimaria

Default LVG talks about his philosophy

Very good read... Like that comment about Scholes

"But the names that you do remember are [Clarance] Seedorf, [Patrick] Kluivert, [Michael] Reiziger. We won everything with very attacking football. I don’t say it too much because otherwise Mr Scholes will be very angry! [Laughs]"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-of-money.html

Unread 18-11-2015, 09:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 18-11-2015, 10:04 PM
sa7

Van Gaal pontificates on his philosop...zzzzzzzzzz

Unread 18-11-2015, 10:09 PM
ashtonred

Let's take the mystique out of "The Philosophy" Couldn't be easier.
Stop the opposition from scoring then chances are we have a 70% chance of putting at least one of our chances away.

Unread 18-11-2015, 11:09 PM
saffers

Worry about us winning away from home again instead of taking pot shots at a club legend pal...

Unread 18-11-2015, 11:52 PM
red in cumbria

Scholes started it, tbf. And I love him

Unread 19-11-2015, 12:24 AM
est.1878

We didn’t have any money and we were bankrupt, so I had to look to youth. We scouted [Jari] Litmanen, a Finnish player, who we bought for £10,000. We also bought Finidi George. He was a Nigerian international. He was £3,000. I paid it by myself

Unread 19-11-2015, 12:28 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Very good read... Like that comment about Scholes

"But the names that you do remember are [Clarance] Seedorf, [Patrick] Kluivert, [Michael] Reiziger. We won everything with very attacking football. I don’t say it too much because otherwise Mr Scholes will be very angry! [Laughs]"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-of-money.html
Someone needs to tell him that was twenty years ago.

Unread 19-11-2015, 12:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Let's take the mystique out of "The Philosophy" Couldn't be easier.
Stop the opposition from scoring then chances are we have a 70% chance of putting at least one of our chances away.
Surprising that he's influenced a generation of coaches, then

Trying to downplay LvG's sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Worry about us winning away from home again instead of taking pot shots at a club legend pal...
Won three out of six away, pal. Same as City.

Unread 19-11-2015, 03:24 AM
Stickman

Hearing the term Philosophy just makes my skin crawl now.

Unread 19-11-2015, 08:08 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Genuinely don't want it to and I'm not dropping snide but I'm just finding him and the whole thing really boring. Give it a rest lvg - I've heard about your track record and approach, sorry philosophy enough now. Just stfu, get on with it and let the performances do the rest.

Unread 19-11-2015, 08:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
£#%&! off and support reading you dick

Unread 19-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It's most used used by #@&%!s having snide digs. Nothing to do with what language LVG speaks either.

Unread 19-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
someone needs to tell you it wasn't after just over 12 months in charge.

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
It's most used used by #@&%!s having snide digs. Nothing to do with what language LVG speaks either.
How weirdly defensive. It's not a snide, it's another interview where he pertains to play attacking football but really hasn't shown it in any consistent way yet at United.

We'll slip into the usual bog-standard stuff now where anyone who enjoys watching football just argues the fact the football is dull & we'd expect some pace / attacking intent at the least, & the try-hard clique of Unicorns bands together like some kind of puddle jumping version of Combiner from Transformers.

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
How weirdly defensive. It's not a snide, it's another interview where he pertains to play attacking football but really hasn't shown it in any consistent way yet at United.

We'll slip into the usual bog-standard stuff now where anyone who enjoys watching football just argues the fact the football is dull & we'd expect some pace / attacking intent at the least, & the try-hard clique of Unicorns bands together like some kind of puddle jumping version of Combiner from Transformers.
Most of the time someone uses the word philosophy when talking about LVG it most certainly is part of a snide dig.

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:25 AM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Baron

Quote:
Most of the time someone uses the word philosophy when talking about LVG it most certainly is part of a snide dig.
It's a United forum, with United fans who want to see attacking football. Fergie got plenty of shit for playing boring football even after years of some of the best attacking play we've ever seen. Maybe Van Gaal should deliver attacking football (ahead of even silverware) before he's lauded for his achievements as the manager? As it stands he seems to generate aggressive opinions based upon words like "snide" & "philosophy" & even "intent" when anyone who watches the team is lucky to not fall asleep.

If he delivers you can bet your arse that the usual suspects won't find joy in the team, but in delivering "devastating BTTT's"

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Crumps

Quote:
It's a United forum, with United fans who want to see attacking football. Fergie got plenty of shit for playing boring football even after years of some of the best attacking play we've ever seen. Maybe Van Gaal should deliver attacking football (ahead of even silverware) before he's lauded for his achievements as the manager? As it stands he seems to generate aggressive opinions based upon words like "snide" & "philosophy" & even "intent" when anyone who watches the team is lucky to not fall asleep.

If he delivers you can bet your arse that the usual suspects won't find joy in the team, but in delivering "devastating BTTT's"
We are sorted defensively and in midfield after finishing 7th in the league and losing a hell of a lot of experience. We just need it to click in the attacking positions. It's a mixture of form and players getting used to a new way of playing that has held up progress in the attacking play. We are certainly going in the right direction. As for us being boring it is no worse than the last 4-5 years and we are much harder to beat than at any point in the same time frame. Just that as a whole people are just jumping on negative bull shit from people like Scholesy and various other media dick wads, most of them dicks were up for giving Moyes more time and an easy run too ffs.

Unread 19-11-2015, 10:47 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Not being snide if by that you mean mischievous. I genuinely find him and his football boring.

Sometimes less so than others but generally, I feel very meh about United atm.

Hopefully it will improve - there are positive signs it will but it feels a bit glacial.

Quote:
We are sorted defensively and in midfield after finishing 7th in the league and losing a hell of a lot of experience. We just need it to click in the attacking positions. It's a mixture of form and players getting used to a new way of playing that has held up progress in the attacking play. We are certainly going in the right direction. As for us being boring it is no worse than the last 4-5 years and we are much harder to beat than at any point I the some time frame. Just that as a whole people are just jumping on negative bull shit from people like Scholesy and various other media dick wads, most of them dicks were up for giving Moyes more time and an easy run too ffs.
Tbf lvg's assistant thinks it's boring too. There's simply no way that everyone of gigg's mates would be wading in like they do without gigg's buy in.
Closed Thread