United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Fountz

Unhappy How very "Manchester City" of you all !

Sad really.

The gloating at England's failure is ridiculously small time..

The assumption that it's United v England, and that the rest of the non United supporting country see it that way aswell, is arrogance beyond belief.

I confess, that watching England is painful, and that United are indeed more important to me.. however, I'm English, I was born and brought up in this country, and afforded all the benefits and luxuries of being from a decent, developed democracy.

Why on earth wouldn't I want England to win ?

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

You forgot to say "uber-red".

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:59 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Sad really.

The assumption that it's United v England, and that the rest of the non United supporting country see it that way aswell, is arrogance beyond belief.

I confess, that watching England is painful, and that United are indeed more important to me.. however, I'm English, I was born and brought up in this country, and afforded all the benefits and luxuries of being from a decent, developed democracy.

What the £#%&! has that got to do with supporting a football team for all you know i might go traveling all over the globe supporting englands teams except one which is not full over hyped bunch of @#%&!s. So leave it to football.NFT.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Smeggs

you're hurting, i can see that. nothing wrong with a bit of mourning.

i was happy yes, so kill me. let's just £#%&! this crap international football rubbish off and concentrate on what we all love starting at the reebok at 3pm on saturday.

can i also add i liked the look of that Modric lad in the middle, took the piss of of lampard/scouse diving @#%&! all night.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:02 PM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sad really.

Well said Fountz.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:04 PM
pc6090

I do want England to win and to do well but I am not bothered by defeat or failure, however the manner in which we blew the chance last night was absolutley hilarious.

If we had qualified last night it would have set English football back at least 5 years

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

I wasn't pleased about England going out personally. I did laugh quite a bit after the 1st and 3rd goals though.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:09 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Sad really.

because everything that surrounds england is crass. the fa, the moronic fans (who boo opposing teams national anthems! ) the manager, the average players, the boring football........................etc....etc.

I'm half english, half scottish and i couldn't give a £#%&! about either team. nft.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:09 PM
carlosartorial

Fountz, who is gloating?

I'd say there is widespread 'not really arsed' but is that really a problem?

The only post I have read on here gloating was by that penguin £#%&!wit, basking in his Scottishness as per usual.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Fat Al

It means that next summer I can pick up a newspaper without being subjected to bilious xenophobic racist outpourings.
I can watch television without being constantly assailed with reports, pundits, news articles all telling me just how a group of mediocre players are destined to win a competition that is their RIGHT to win, and to do so by trouncing some collection of Johnny Foreigners.
I can be about my business during the competition without being approached by non-entities who have little or no interest in football for most of the year and had certainly never heard of it pre-1990 constanty spouting forth their hackneyed tabloid based gibberings.

In other words, I can enjoy a pleasant summer & look forward to watching some good football.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Argentina

Was the enjoyment of Liverpool not winning the European Cup last year 'very "Manchester City" of us all'

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:16 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Sad really.

It’s not United v England at all, vast majority of United’s crowd support England and are proud to be English, which should be the case because we are English after all.

When we go to sides like west ham we sing Argentina etc to stir up a bit of agro, try and get a response, that’s it. Then the handful of people watching it from youtube, instead of actually going any games and knowing who and what our crowd is actually made up of stupidly make assumptions that maybe make themselves feel better. When in fact what they assume couldn’t be further from the truth.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
It means that next summer I can pick up a newspaper without being subjected to bilious xenophobic racist outpourings.
I can watch television without being constantly assailed with reports, pundits, news articles all telling me just how a group of mediocre players are destined to win a competition that is their RIGHT to win, and to do so by trouncing some collection of Johnny Foreigners.
I can be about my business during the competition without being approached by non-entities who have little or no interest in football for most of the year and had certainly never heard of it pre-1990 constanty spouting forth their hackneyed tabloid based gibberings.

In other words, I can enjoy a pleasant summer & look forward to watching some good football.
Great post.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:19 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Was the enjoyment of Liverpool not winning the European Cup last year 'very "Manchester City" of us all'
What the £#%&! has that got to do with anything?

Are you classing your hatred of England in the same bracket as your hatred of Liverpool?

What a #@&%!.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:20 PM
believe

I think the belief that a £#%&!ing half rate team were ever going to qualify and then spend months of giddiness thinking we would win a competiton that we are never going to in our lifetimes was more "City" than anything.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:22 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think the belief that a £#%&!ing half rate team were ever going to qualify and then spend months of giddiness thinking we would win a competiton that we are never going to in our lifetimes was more "City" than anything.
You're honestly telling me England shouldn’t have expectations of qualifying for a European championships ?

Arent you Irish ? and you also look like lee evans stunt double so you arent in any postion

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
You're honestly telling me England shouldn’t have expectations of qualifying for a European championships ?

Arent you Irish ? and you also look like lee evans stunt double so you arent in any postion
lee evans is devasted apparently. and in answer to your first question. don't be £#%&!ing daft.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Alfonso Alves

the vast majority of city fans wanted england to win last night

nice to see that charlie was the best player on the pitch,, what a bargain!

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
What the £#%&! has that got to do with anything?

Are you classing your hatred of England in the same bracket as your hatred of Liverpool?

What a #@&%!.
Hatred of Liverpool is one thing. I dont hate England, I despise the fanfair that surrounds them-Both.

Therefore I took pleasure in watching them loose as my enjoyment of next summer is greatly increased.

Also I do believe it will be good for the game. Numpties wont begin to follow football again and give their once-every-two-year expert opinion on football.

All-in-all a top night for English football...and that's not sarcasm.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
It’s not United v England at all, vast majority of United’s crowd support England and are proud to be English, which should be the case because we are English after all.

When we go to sides like west ham we sing Argentina etc to stir up a bit of agro, try and get a response, that’s it. Then the handful of people watching it from youtube, instead of actually going any games and knowing who and what our crowd is actually made up of stupidly make assumptions that maybe make themselves feel better. When in fact what they assume couldn’t be further from the truth.
we all make our own judgements when we go to games but on my personal experience at the games themsleves and talking to united fans this season, last and over many years....there is more to it than winding up some sun reading knuckle draggers.

I'm talking about english united fans who literally jumped up and punched the air when ronny scored that pen. the 'por-tu-gal' chant last season wasn't just to support our boy.

People write on here all the time about why they support england and i have no issue with that at all, i just find it hard to understnad that they can get behind players we hate some much, the thought of supporting a team with gerrard in makes me physically sick.

based on posts here and RI over time it seems to me that most english united fans are just not bothered either way and hope our players don't get injured.
Closed Thread