United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:08 PM
wonky no

who ever comes in will want his own team and that will take time to work, let's hope it's souness (again) .

either way, i'm really not arsed. We are more than capable of getting to 18 before they get 19 and a more competitive league is a plus in my book.

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:12 PM
legendary saf

No sign of any statement regarding Benitez's future and that the rumours are false, this clearly carries a lot of weight.

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
No sign of any statement regarding Benitez's future and that the rumours are false, this clearly carries a lot of weight.
Clearly.

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:29 PM
legendary saf

Liverpool co-Chairmen George Gillett and Tom Hicks have today released the following statement.
"Despite speculation in today's newspapers, there is nothing new to say.

"We had a good win yesterday and have got some very important games coming up starting with Porto on Wednesday, followed by Bolton and Reading, before Marseille and Manchester United in a few weeks.

"Both of us, together with Chief Executive Rick Parry, plan to meet with Rafa when we come over mid December to make decisions on the team's requirements at that time."

thats that then

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:38 PM
borsuk

to be fair to benitez he didn't spend particularly heavily when you compare him to similar teams (city, newcastle, spurs). most of it came back in through sales.

Unread 25-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Jose isnt allowed to manager another English side this season. I doubt he'd come back to England just yet anyway.
Why isn't he allowed to manage another English club?

Unread 25-11-2007, 09:06 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Why isn't he allowed to manage another English club?
Chelsea put a clause into his payoff contract i believe stating that if he wanted to work with another english club, then he'd have to wait at least 12 months before he could. It may even be 24 months im not sure, but they definitly made an agreement before he £#%&!ed off with whatever million pound payoff they decided.

Unread 26-11-2007, 02:00 AM
legendary saf

Rafael Benitez end-game draws near

Rafael BenÍtez will not survive the power struggle at Liverpool and is in danger of being dismissed as manager sooner rather than later, having alienated the club’s American owners during a week of intense political turmoil. In a joint statement last night, George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks denied rumours that BenÍtez had already left the club, but they made little attempt to disguise the acrimony that appears to have left his position untenable in the long term.

BenÍtez has no intention of resigning, but there is a realisation inside Anfield that his regime has reached the point of no return after a series of clashes with Gillett and Hicks, who completed a £415 million takeover in February, over the club’s transfer policy.

In the best-case scenario, he may yet see out the remainder of the season before being sacked or leaving by mutual consent, but the word from within the club is that the American tycoons have lost all trust in him after recent challenges to their authority and that, despite his popularity with supporters, his dismissal is only a matter of time. Even in the unlikelihood that he apologises, it may only postpone the inevitable.

It is a situation that mirrors the departure of José Mourinho, BenÍtez’s arch rival, from Chelsea in September, with the Portuguese having been accused of sealing his fate at Stamford Bridge by challenging the authority of Roman Abramovich, the owner.

Most recently, BenÍtez has taken umbrage at the insistence that all transfer negotiations be left to Rick Parry, the chief executive, and that no such talks should even take place until after their visit to Merseyside in mid-December. BenÍtez – eager to sign Ezequiel Marcelo Garay, the Racing Santander defender, and to tie up a permanent £17 million deal for Javier Mascherano – expressed disgust at the proposal and has compounded matters by suggesting that the owners do not understand how the transfer market works in European football.

After rumours swept Liverpool yesterday that BenÍtez had already left the club, Gillett and Hicks issued a statement claiming that there was “nothing new to say”, but they made no attempt to deny the tensions that exist or to give the manager any kind of public support. They said that transfer policy will be determined in mid-December, but there is a growing concern that BenÍtez may be gone before then. If not, that meeting has the makings of a showdown.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2943513.ece

Unread 26-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
to be fair to benitez he didn't spend particularly heavily when you compare him to similar teams (city, newcastle, spurs). most of it came back in through sales.
Erm, not really. Spent £130m and only got £50m back.

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:39 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
the only bit of the post that wasn't tongue in cheek was the comparison to city, newcastle and spurs

Unread 26-11-2007, 06:40 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
nope... can you get the figures. I remember reading on a dippers site, he has recouped 60% of what he has spent through sales...

Unread 26-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Whalefish

That's because he has such a turnover. Some of those sold aren't there longer than 12months. You may praise that, I wouldn't.

Get some better scouts. By the look of it his judgement re players isn't that good either.

Unread 26-11-2007, 08:29 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Get some better scouts.
you doing anything at the moment?

get your cv down to anfield with print outs to your posts on ri

Unread 26-11-2007, 08:39 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That's because he has such a turnover. Some of those sold aren't there longer than 12months. You may praise that, I wouldn't.

Get some better scouts. By the look of it his judgement re players isn't that good either.
thats different matter. even I agree.

I just said that his net spend is somewhere near 40% of the total spend. most of that are on shite is unquestionable apart from likes of torres, alonso, agger, arbeloa, babel, benayoun, reina.

Unread 26-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
you doing anything at the moment?

get your cv down to anfield with print outs to your posts on ri
No time even for love Dr Jones.

Don't really post on RI Main either. Not anymore. I may have made one post in the last month.
Closed Thread