United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up So, nearly 10 years since we did the treble

what a fantastic season that was. i can't believe it is ten years already

did any of you go to lodz for the qualifying round of the champions league? £#%&!ing hell, what a trip that was. there was only about 200 united there (if that) to see a drab 0-0 draw. everything was so cheap though (it was about 25p for a shot of vodka) and it remains my favourite euro away just for the sheer fun of it, although milan, barca and the final of that season run it close

did anyone else have to miss exams to see the final?

post some of your favourite memories/stories from that season and let us reminisce about a side that will forever live on in the history of manchester united.

Unread 03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Warren Hobhead

my top 5 moments from that season:

1) juve, s-f 2nd leg
2) the final in barca
3) semi v arseholes
4) doing the double over the vermin
5) the two 3-3 games v barca in the group stages

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Mark Corrigan

Went to all the home games and then the final (big game red)

Spent 23 hours on a mother £#%&!ing coach to get there (think it was about 25hours getting back) but totally worth it.

17 years old at the time so didnt miss any exams, although my cousin who is thick as shit anyway wasnt allowed to go so he could fail his G.C.S.E's

Got some pics from my brothers last night, will upload some after for the good of the thread

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
sullers

FFS Cozz dog, I was waiting till this dropped off the first page and then was going to give Duckers an embarrasing 'this went well' bump.

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Jack Duckworth

shame on me for trying to get a football discussion going, eh?

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
FFS Cozz dog, I was waiting till this dropped off the first page and then was going to give Duckers an embarrasing 'this went well' bump.
Sorry mate, i felt bad for him

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
shame on me for trying to get a football discussion going, eh?
stick to DIY threads, gramps.

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
The Mull

Didn't realise that we won something in 99, as I'm a JCL, What happened?

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Hobhead
1) juve, s-f 2nd leg
I made 2 calls during that game I've never been allowed to forget

1. When we went 2-0 down (3-1 on agg) I said.... "That's it, we're out. It's just not meant to be."

2. Prior to Keano scoring... "We never £#%&!ing score from corners."

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Didn't realise that we won something in 99, as I'm a JCL, What happened?

We won the fair play league

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Went to all the home games and then the final (big game red)

Spent 23 hours on a mother £#%&!ing coach to get there (think it was about 25hours getting back) but totally worth it.

17 years old at the time so didnt miss any exams, although my cousin who is thick as shit anyway wasnt allowed to go so he could fail his G.C.S.E's

Got some pics from my brothers last night, will upload some after for the good of the thread
did you go from Leigh?

My step dad went on the coach from there

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
stick to DIY threads, gramps.
stick to parking illegally with hilarious consequences, hooter-nanny.

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
did you go from Leigh?

My step dad went on the coach from there
No we went from Wigan mate

£#%&!ing horrible it was (the coach trip, not Wigan)

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
dodger

I was still managing to attend some games in those hedoniostic last days of freedom when i still had money, was single and no kids etc.

My favourite memory is driving back down to London after the semi final replay, stopping in the services and seeing the Arsenal fans traipsing around with trays of shite food looking like the living dead.

Unread 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber

1. When we went 2-0 down (3-1 on agg) I said.... "That's it, we're out. It's just not meant to be."

You know I was optimistic, well hopefull at 0-2 iirc we had already had chances, cole had an overhead saved on the line, we went into the game needing to score, and very likely needing to score 2, 0-2 didn't actually change that.

Unread 03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber

Funnily and almost blinkerdly I was still optimistic, my dad went into such a mood. 'Its Bye Bye then' he was so adamant and psised off. I said if we get it to 2-1 we've got a great chance still cos if we equalise...the threat of a third would £#%&! them royally. Was buzzing at half time with adrenalin!

Most nuts I went at goals that season

The final obviously
Beckham equaliser v spurs (sheer relief) I missed Coles winner as I flicked the channel to see if Arsenal was still 0-0, turned back and he was running towards the dugout
Giggs Arsenal
Yorkes inter opener

low point - 2-2 Anfield. £#%&!ing pig sick that night.

Unread 03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I was still managing to attend some games in those hedoniostic last days of freedom when i still had money, was single and no kids etc.

My favourite memory is driving back down to London after the semi final replay, stopping in the services and seeing the Arsenal fans traipsing around with trays of shite food looking like the living dead.
Easily the best game of football ive ever been to. It had £#%&!ing everything!

Made even sweeter by the fact we had Arsenal fans above us and just a line of stewards inbetween us. Never gone so mental over a goal like i did for Giggsys that night, especially after shouting "pass you greedy Welsh @#%&!" just before he lashed it home

One of them games where im still proper smug that i can say "i was there" more than the champions league final in some ways

Unread 03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
what a fantastic season that was. i can't believe it is ten years already

did any of you go to lodz for the qualifying round of the champions league? £#%&!ing hell, what a trip that was. there was only about 200 united there (if that) to see a drab 0-0 draw. everything was so cheap though (it was about 25p for a shot of vodka) and it remains my favourite euro away just for the sheer fun of it, although milan, barca and the final of that season run it close

did anyone else have to miss exams to see the final?

post some of your favourite memories/stories from that season and let us reminisce about a side that will forever live on in the history of manchester united.
I did every game that season (top red ) and Lodz was indeed £#%&!ing brilliant. The whole run in the champions league was marvellous - Munich, Brondby, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus and back to Barca for the final.

The obvious stand out for me that season was Juve away. Even after Giggs scored at OT to make it 1-1 I still didn't believe we'd win over there. What a £#%&!ing night it turned out to be.

Unread 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I did every game that season (top red ) and Lodz was indeed £#%&!ing brilliant. The whole run in the champions league was marvellous - Munich, Brondby, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus and back to Barca for the final.

The obvious stand out for me that season was Juve away. Even after Giggs scored at OT to make it 1-1 I still didn't believe we'd win over there. What a £#%&!ing night it turned out to be.
yep.

i remember when their second went in in turin, i genuinely thought i would never see united win the european cup in my lifetime.

how wrong was i?

Unread 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
sullers

Thumbs down

shite
Closed Thread