United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Rhodzy

Default Suarez wins Writers player of the year

Oliver 'Ollie' Holt voted for him, I remember this from a couple of years ago.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle718099.html

Gerrard came second.

Unread 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
believe

Football writers are £#%&!ers shocker.

Fair play to Suarez, it should get him an extra five or ten million from Real.

Unread 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

holt and that fat joke from the daily mail are the two biggest clowns in that industry, which is no mean feat.

just look at him

i could never like someone who looks like that. he looks like the kind of man who would feel like a king walking around a petrol station shop. You know the kind. Smug whenever they can be. The kind of man who likes to figure himself as better than the working class but will always almost exclusively seek out their company.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
holt and that fat joke from the daily mail are the two biggest clowns in that industry, which is no mean feat.
Martin Samuel, the voice of footballing authority. I can't put my finger on it, but there is that something about him criticising professional athlethes that doesn't quite sit right with me.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Martin Samuel, the voice of footballing authority. I can't put my finger on it, but there is that something about him criticising professional athlethes that doesn't quite sit right with me.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Oliver 'Ollie' Holt voted for him, I remember this from a couple of years ago.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle718099.html

Gerrard came second.
I'm not on twitter myself but that needs sending to the stupid @#%&!.

Gerrard ffs

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke

Gerrard ffs
I've just tweeted it to him. Absolutely shocked to see this level of hypocrisy from the football press.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke

Gerrard ffs
Have done, ignored obviously. Need to get pure on the case.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Ashley's Grime

Remember that shithouse Brian Woolnough not clapping or standing up when Eric won it?

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
ralph

Sol[list]
Big Sol will be fuming

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Remember that shithouse Brian Woolnough not clapping or standing up when Eric won it?
Bet that still keeps Eric awake at night.

Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
his eyes are way closer together than that in real life. has someone photoshopped that in an effort to make him look normal?

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Have done, ignored obviously. Need to get pure on the case.
do u want his phone number

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
do u want his phone number
Hassling him on twitter is just fine.

Unread 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
wiganste

Quite possibly the most pointless award in football

Unread 05-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Jez Quigley

Default This lost

all credibility with David Ginola ( as does my post if he only win the PFA award)

Unread 05-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Quite possibly the most pointless award in football
Yep. Funny how football writers think the football writers' award is the most prestigious. Of course, if I were a footballer, I'd definitely covet the opinion of a bunch of wheezing fat shits over my fellow professionals.

Unread 05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Bet that still keeps Eric awake at night.

Unread 05-05-2014, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

just look at him

i could never like someone who looks like that. he looks like the kind of man who would feel like a king walking around a petrol station shop. You know the kind. Smug whenever they can be. The kind of man who likes to figure himself as better than the working class but will always almost exclusively seek out their company.

The journalistic standards are set very low here. You don't have to agree with them all the time. In fact, that would be dull. All you hope for is that they're bright enough and articulate enough to have their own opinion and make some fair and interesting points occasionally.

Samuel is actually capable of that. Someone like Marcotti is definitely capable of that.

Holt is just tediously smug and bitter. Basically, his ego and agenda is more important than actually being a good journalist. Classic ABU.
Closed Thread