United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Bernard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
jibberish tbh

United began both halves well

in the 1st the good start was rudely interrupted by the conceding of a shit goal from nothing, which allowed Liverpool to pressurise us on the ball. we created a lot of near things but no real chances, while they did next to £#%&! all

in the 2nd it wasn't

Liverpool rarely if ever threatened until the end. United had a threat throughout even if it never materialised.

Last season United were 2nd best, won and got slated

This season United were the better team, lost to a set piece, and got slated.

There is a common link there.
Its difficult to be objective when so emotionally involved.

Jesus, by the final whistle I wanted everyone out Moyes, RVP the bitch who answers the phone in the ticket office , the lot of em.

Live goes on, the passion will fade. Maybe reds will start to agree with you that we did 'OK', At the very BEST we did 'ok'.

The truth is the scousers were shit and yet they beat us quite easily, theres no way around that FACT.

And Valencia can be one of the best Right backs in the world IMO. So £#%&!in play him there Moyes.

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down

Can I just ask where the £#%&!ing hell is zaha?!

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Learning to control a football.

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Bernard1

Quote:
Insane that wasn't it? IDEAL to bring on with 15-20 mins to go as a bit of a flyer. Very strange

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
jibberish tbh

United began both halves well

in the 1st the good start was rudely interrupted by the conceding of a shit goal from nothing, which allowed Liverpool to pressurise us on the ball. we created a lot of near things but no real chances, while they did next to £#%&! all

in the 2nd it wasn't

Liverpool rarely if ever threatened until the end. United had a threat throughout even if it never materialised.

Last season United were 2nd best, won and got slated

This season United were the better team, lost to a set piece, and got slated.

There is a common link there.
They did next to £#%&! all because they were winning. They started the game 1-0 up and defended that goal. So whether you liked it or not, that was what they intended to do and they did it with little problem. Unless our intention was to have the ball 40 yards from goal for most of the second half without danger, they did their job better than we did. They controlled their third well; we didn't look like scoring.

Quote:
last time I recall United playing them off the park at Anfield was in the spring of 97

yesterday they stayed focused but couldn't make good their early £#%&! up.
So just the 16 years then, against Roy Evans' Liverpool?

Not sure in what sense we stayed focused, tbh. Gave away plenty of cheap free-kicks, miss-placed lots of passes and created little.

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
He's having all the flair, improvisation and creativity trained out of him

Won't be long now until the Ashley Young mark 2 is unleashed on the Premier League

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Learning to control a football.
Hopefully using your pumpkin head as a ball.

Neo

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He was always going to take a backseat for these games, especially after his struggles against Wigan and for England. Way too much pressure to put on the lad involving him in stuff like yesterday. Could break the poor £#%&!er before he's even got going

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Got anything original in your bag of tricks? Thought not you boring @#%&!.

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
in the 1st the good start was rudely interrupted by the conceding of a shit goal
So it wasn't a good start, surely?

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
So it wasn't a good start, surely?
Those 2 and a half minutes were brilliant though tbf...

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Mr Castro

Then Young got and lost possession.

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They did next to £#%&! all because they were winning. They started the game 1-0 up and defended that goal. So whether you liked it or not, that was what they intended to do and they did it with little problem. Unless our intention was to have the ball 40 yards from goal for most of the second half without danger, they did their job better than we did. They controlled their third well; we didn't look like scoring.

So just the 16 years then, against Roy Evans' Liverpool?

Not sure in what sense we stayed focused, tbh. Gave away plenty of cheap free-kicks, miss-placed lots of passes and created little.
I gathered that, hence why I replied. The reality of it is that United probably had as many decent situations as they normally have at Anfield, if not more. For example, off the top of my head, and in no particular order, RvP hooked over and shot wide, Young and Nani had goal-bound drives blocked, there was one ball from a corner that went right across the goalmouth with Welbeck and RvP think it was both narrowly missing out...

I get that you prefer to praise Liverpool's tactics, although I doubt you would praise United's if they did the same. Liverpool kept their shape, they closed down, they tracked runners and filled the spaces behind when our lads came short for the ball and so on... when we do the same the tactics are slated and the individuals concerned are slated as well - and that's when we're still trying to hurt the opposition. Yet here you are basically congratulating the vermin on playing, by your own description of what they did, anti-football. United made as much of the running as they could, dominated possession, controlled large sections of the game, especially second half, but couldn't get the rub they needed to make up for an early £#%&!-up from Young and Ferdinand.

Not sure why you're giggling at the 1997 reference tbh, the point was that it was back in 1997

ps spot on Henchosaurus

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I gathered that, hence why I replied. The reality of it is that United probably had as many decent situations as they normally have at Anfield, if not more. For example, off the top of my head, and in no particular order, RvP hooked over and shot wide, Young and Nani had goal-bound drives blocked, there was one ball from a corner that went right across the goalmouth with Welbeck and RvP think it was both narrowly missing out...

I get that you prefer to praise Liverpool's tactics, although I doubt you would praise United's if they did the same. Liverpool kept their shape, they closed down, they tracked runners and filled the spaces behind when our lads came short for the ball and so on... when we do the same the tactics are slated and the individuals concerned are slated as well - and that's when we're still trying to hurt the opposition. Yet here you are basically congratulating the vermin on playing, by your own description of what they did, anti-football. United made as much of the running as they could, dominated possession, controlled large sections of the game, especially second half, but couldn't get the rub they needed to make up for an early £#%&!-up from Young and Ferdinand.

Not sure why you're giggling at the 1997 reference tbh, the point was that it was back in 1997

ps spot on Henchosaurus
I've not praised Liverpool's tactics as such, but the efficiency with which the players carried them out had a huge influence on the result. I think Rogers did prepare his team well and they carried our the gameplan almost to perfection. But that's not the same as approving the tactics themselves. Having said that, Liverpool do not have United's standards. Beating us yesterday was the most important thing for them, nothing else.

If we played them at Old Trafford, I'd expect more from Moyes. But those expectations come with the territory of being United manager.

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I've not praised Liverpool's tactics as such, but the efficiency with which the players carried them out had a huge influence on the result. I think Rogers did prepare his team well and they carried our the gameplan almost to perfection. But that's not the same as approving the tactics themselves. Having said that, Liverpool do not have United's standards. Beating us yesterday was the most important thing for them, nothing else.

If we played them at Old Trafford, I'd expect more from Moyes. But those expectations come with the territory of being United manager.
did they £#%&!. they scored from an early corner and did precisely £#%&! all thereafter going forwards. that was not any sort of gameplan at all. what they did was defend well and keep their shape. what they did not do is execute any of the attacking plans they surely must've worked on leading up to the game. anyway whatever...

I'd say United will be very competitive in the top games but they are going to be very tight - by the looks of the Chelsea and Vermin games rival clubs will be trying extra hard to stop Moyes building confidence in what he's doing. We can still win most of the lesser games, like we have against Wigan and Swansea and we will have to. As I said at the time of that Swansea win though, it's amazing just how bad they were defensively. The season cannot begin to settle down until after the City game imo - the fixture list was contrived with that very thing in mind. And with the type of reaction the early results are producing as well.