United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:32 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
The Maguire/The Scottish Player thing makes sense, so we’ll probably not do that.

Tactically, we’ll go out and do the same as worked against them during the fa cup game. They won’t though, they lol do something differently. Could be a long difficult watch this afternoon. I think bellers has called it right on the best way through.
The Scottish Player only ever plays at centre back in a 532 for Scotland. Playing him with Maguire in a back 4 is suicidal

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:34 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
here's a question.

if klopp managed us, and ETH managed Liverpool, who would win todays game?

or even...

if ETH has Liverpools current squad for a week, and kloop has the united team for a week, who would win todays game?

exactly. our squad is that far off theirs in terms of quality, our manager is though.
Here's a question.

Why don't you just £#%&!ing do one you utter £#%&!stain of a @#%&!.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:35 PM
RARAMSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
here's a question.

this

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Here's a question.

Because they enjoy winding people up and provoking reactions like yours.

They're easy to ignore imo.

Unread 07-04-2024, 12:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Got a feeling we’re going to get something today and I don’t mean smashed. Fingers crossed for a Herculean effort to conclude our league campaign so we can completely focus on the cup

Unread 07-04-2024, 01:22 PM
puressence

Was more confident in the cup 2-1

Unread 07-04-2024, 01:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Here's a question.

Why are you so angry ???
don’t take out life’s frustrations on me brother!
Talk to someone , men’s mental health is important!

Unread 07-04-2024, 01:53 PM
Dr Stranger

I always fancy us to do better in the bigger games at home. We’ll give it a go, but Liverpool will be a different proposition to the cup game and if we have the same spell we had around 40-80 mins in the cup game, they won’t be as generous this time.

I’d feel more confident if we weren’t so patched up at the back too

Come on, boys. One last league hurrah for the season

Unread 07-04-2024, 01:58 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Why are you so angry ???

Unread 07-04-2024, 01:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Why are you so angry ???

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:01 PM
Sparky***

Let’s be honest here - if Liverpool turn up and play to their level they’ll win by a couple at least. That defence and midfield of ours is non existent. We’ll do as we usually do - push 5 players up the pitch and leave an absolute chasm of space to be exploited.

The FA cup game for them was an anomaly this season, whereas for us that kind of helter skelter madness is the norm. I don’t think they’ll be as generous with their defending this time around.

If Kwambala starts alongside Maguire I reckon Liverpool could score 4

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let’s be honest here - if Liverpool turn up and play to their level they’ll win by a couple at least. That defence and midfield of ours is non existent. We’ll do as we usually do - push 5 players up the pitch and leave an absolute chasm of space to be exploited.

The FA cup game for them was an anomaly this season, whereas for us that kind of helter skelter madness is the norm. I don’t think they’ll be as generous with their defending this time around.

Unlike you.

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:04 PM
larry

if the 3 best young players in the world play well, we'll do them

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
if the 3 best young players in the world play well, we'll do them
Mctommers, Rashers and Jesse

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:12 PM
poppy

Thumbs up

Asked the Ouija last night how many points United would take off Liverpool this season. It quite clearly spelled out IV! Then went on to spell out TWONIL.

SYDERPALK and FFUSBINGA the scorers, for those who like a flutter.

Come on! Let’s cost these £#%&!ers the league today!

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

If Kwambala starts alongside Maguire I reckon Liverpool could score 4
It’s not Liverpool’s defending that bothers me. We can get at them and they’re conceding more goals than previous Klopp teams…. But that absolute cavity we leave in midfield every game will be exploited. I can’t see us shipping less than 3.

And even if we do work our way into a position to win the match, we’re the worst team to hold onto that position.

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:19 PM
Jethro

Surprisingly comfortable 2-1.

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:32 PM
naes_sean

Rashford ffs

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Rashford extremely lucky to start. Would like to have seen Mount start too.

Unread 07-04-2024, 02:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://x.com/mufcscoop/status/17769...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Rashford extremely lucky to start. Would like to have seen Mount start too.
He was never not going to start Rashford despite Antony performance (and Mount’s impressive cameo from the bench) the other night