United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-04-2024, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Brighton have won 4 games since 28th december, yet this de zerbi character is constantly being linked with top jobs.

I mean, is it just me or is it once a narrative has been decided around a club or manager - that's it. It's set in stone and nothing to the contrary gets said.

I keep constantly hearing how wonderful brighton are, yet they've just been gubbed 3-0 at home by arsenal and won the same amount of games as fulham and bournemouth.

Unread 06-04-2024, 07:33 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
this de zerbi character is constantly being linked with top jobs.
he's a 40+ man who gels his hair
enough said

Unread 06-04-2024, 07:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
he's a 40+ man who gels his hair
enough said
Jesus, no need whatsoever to bring up hair with sparky. Uncalled for.

Unread 06-04-2024, 07:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Brighton have won 4 games since 28th december, yet this de zerbi character is constantly being linked with top jobs.

I mean, is it just me or is it once a narrative has been decided around a club or manager - that's it. It's set in stone and nothing to the contrary gets said.

I keep constantly hearing how wonderful brighton are, yet they've just been gubbed 3-0 at home by arsenal and won the same amount of games as fulham and bournemouth.
I think he’s getting a pass this season as he lost a load of the team from last year through selling or injuries

Both wide players out injured and their best midfielders sold from the team we played in the FA cup semi final last season

Hard to judge as I don’t think anyone is doing anything with that starting 11 from today

Unread 06-04-2024, 07:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
I think he’s getting a pass this season as he lost a load of the team from last year through selling or injuries

Both wide players out injured and their best midfielders sold from the team we played in the FA cup semi final last season

Hard to judge as I don’t think anyone is doing anything with that starting 11 from today
yeah but 4 wins in 4 months mate, come on. There's getting a £#%&!ing easy ride and then there's just people ignoring their appalling form because they've nailed their colours to the mast regarding de zerbi already.

if it was someone like moyes he'd be getting absolute pelters. But because they pass it about, it's been decreed that he's a great manager and should be linked with Liverpool or Man Utd. £#%&!ing crazy.

Unread 06-04-2024, 09:41 PM
marlo

Quote:

Underperforming manager…:

What’s if we said all he needs is a good structure above him..surely that means he deserves a chance at a top team

Unread 06-04-2024, 09:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Underperforming manager…:

What’s if we said all he needs is a good structure above him..surely that means he deserves a chance at a top team
I don’t know mate - does it?

Unread 06-04-2024, 10:02 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
But we need to start somewhere just like Arsenal did a few years ago.

They bought 7/8s out of 10 then got better and better!

Even if we get some top players the drop off will be too much. We need to grab the best of the rest then in 18months get some top players.
This seems sensible so Utd probably won't do it. We don't need a team of worldies to get back in the top four, just a squad of motivated, competent footballers to compliment three or four game changers. The big problem we have at the moment is our highest earners are completely shit.

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:49 AM
magic_cantona

Proper embarrassing

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:01 AM
Stickman

Wish they’d start reviewing this kind of crap post game and handing out 3 game bans, considering that’s what the “perpetrator” would have got.

Just like diving it’s all of a sudden zero risk 100% reward to pull of the swindle.

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:13 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Wish they’d start reviewing this kind of crap post game and handing out 3 game bans, considering that’s what the “perpetrator” would have got.

Just like diving it’s all of a sudden zero risk 100% reward to pull of the swindle.
It might be a butterfly effect moment, but I can vividly remember the PL announcing before a season ages ago that that's what they'd be doing - retrospective bans for blatant cheating and play acting etc. I don't remember though, a single case of it. Anyone else?

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:17 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
It might be a butterfly effect moment, but I can vividly remember the PL announcing before a season ages ago that that's what they'd be doing - retrospective bans for blatant cheating and play acting etc. I don't remember though, a single case of it. Anyone else?
oh i’m sure Garnacho will be the very first.

Then we won’t see another again, ever.