United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:07 PM
saayfooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
So he's bad offensively and goes missing, apart from the times that he doesn't? This clarification thing you're doing hasn't gone well.
So that is how you assess the performance of a player? Does one thing good the whole game and he is deemed a good player?

Quote:
How am I taking it out of context? Was he involved or was he not?
You are isolating one instance of good play and using that as a basis to judge his performance in the whole match. Everything else he does is mediocre at best, yet he had a good game because of this supposedly amazing bit of play, which is actually mediocre. If he did that more often then fair enough but he doesn't. He does something good offensively once a game max and it may not result in anything.

That's not good enough.

Quote:
More than comfortable, I'm happy he's a starter, and long may it last. Soz.
Eww

Quote:
Is that the same Pogba who was having a personal competition with Rashford as to who could throw the game the worst? That Pogba?

Pogba was shocking against Southampton pal, only saved from being the worst player on the pitch by Rashford.
Right. As I thought. This conversation is an exercise in futility.

You have a bias. Your expectations are different for different players. I expect a high standard of football from all players, you expect a different standards of football from different players.

That way I can accurately determine who is bad, below average, average, above average, great and elite.

Also, Pogba makes The Scottish Player look better than he is. Pogba takes all the responsibility general play wise. When we played out of the back, Pogba had to come deep and help the CBs. The Scottish Player would lose the ball in those positions. lol so in theory, we are sacrificing Pogba for The Scottish Player, which is mental.

Quote:
Wrong.

You didn't have a point originally, you just stated: "The Scottish Player is a first team player. This is crazy"

Out of all the players you could point at and complain about being starters for this club at the moment, The Scottish Player should be very near the bottom of the list.
Again, you are taking what I said out of context.

This is a thread about Matic. If Matic goes, The Scottish Player will be a first team player and perhaps starter for the whole season.

I am uncomfortable with that. You aren't.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Baron

Matic is creaking, he's slow not just of body but of mind. You can get away with it if you play the ball quickly but he doesn't & he never will.

The Scottish Player's bursts forwards have resulted in the pen against Palace, the goal against Southampton & the sending off. He's effective, far more so than Matic has ever been.

The question is whether Matic can play the sitting role with The Scottish Player & Pogba just ahead / either side of him in a proper 3. He might not be at his peak, but he only needs to play a limited role to allow the rest of the team to find balance.

Either way, he'll be leaving next summer & we should have upgraded this summer.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
So that is how you assess the performance of a player? Does one thing good the whole game and he is deemed a good player?
No mate, I'm saying he did lots of good things in the game, you just don't want to acknowledge them. The Scottish Player does the little important things very well, but he also helped create our only goal of the game, something I'm giving him a personal pat on the back for.

Quote:
You are isolating one instance of good play and using that as a basis to judge his performance in the whole match. Everything else he does is mediocre at best, yet he had a good game because of this supposedly amazing bit of play, which is actually mediocre. If he did that more often then fair enough but he doesn't. He does something good offensively once a game max and it may not result in anything.
No, you're isolating that one bit of good play. I'm pointing out that he helped create our only goal of the game, and as said above, he does lots of little things right that you don't notice.

Quote:
You have a bias. Your expectations are different for different players. I expect a high standard of football from all players, you expect a different standards of football from different players.

That way I can accurately determine who is bad, below average, average, above average, great and elite.
fuuuckkk offfff.

Quote:
Also, Pogba makes The Scottish Player look better than he is. Pogba takes all the responsibility general play wise. When we played out of the back, Pogba had to come deep and help the CBs. The Scottish Player would lose the ball in those positions. lol so in theory, we are sacrificing Pogba for The Scottish Player, which is mental.
You're right, I actually feel sorry for Pogba. It must be tough for him having The Scottish Player next to him, forcing him to lose the ball constantly in the his own half, mis-control passes and not be able to pick out a simple pass over and over again at the weekend. Damn that The Scottish Player.

You're talking absolute shite pal.

Quote:
Again, you are taking what I said out of context.
I copied and pasted exactly what you posted earlier in the thread

Quote:
This is a thread about Matic. If Matic goes, The Scottish Player will be a first team player and perhaps starter for the whole season.

I am uncomfortable with that. You aren't.
The Scottish Player is already a first team player pal, it doesn't matter if it gives you ants in your pants, it's just something that is. Tough luck.

And it's 100% justified. Great player with a wonderful future in-front of him. You'll agree one day

*Edit: Matic is gash, legs went last season and he's half the player he was two years ago.

Another player that needs to get shit-canned pronto. We'll have to rely on him until January at least as we didn't bring in any replacements (and highly doubt that's on Ole). The Scottish Player will continue to start regardless, and once a replacement is in, Pogba will be pushed forward and the new player will start to learn from his midfielder compadre, King The Scottish Player.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:37 PM
utd99

If we judge all academy promotions on the basis of whether they are currently better than the incumbent players no one would ever get a chance; ever. Unfortunately that requires a little faith. Not blind faith, just faith.

It really depends on whether you want a Mourinho team or a Solskjaer team.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If we judge all academy promotions on the basis of whether they are currently better than the incumbent players no one would ever get a chance; ever. Unfortunately that requires a little faith. Not blind faith, just faith.

It really depends on whether you want a Mourinho team or a Solskjaer team.
Isn't that what you do with Rashford and Lukaku?

Unread 03-09-2019, 03:16 PM
AK14

Been saying it since pre season, Pogba and Mactominay are better further forward. Pogba is more of a number 10 and The Scottish Player is a box to box player that can make things happen with his bursts forward.

Both are wasted playing deep and it’s the one thing that has disappointed me with Ole that he’s stuck with it for 4 games. I’d honestly try Axel in defensive midfield role and push the other two forward.

Unread 03-09-2019, 03:18 PM
saayfooty

Quote:
No, you're isolating that one bit of good play. I'm pointing out that he helped create our only goal of the game, and as said above, he does lots of little things right that you don't notice.
Lots of insignificant things.

You think what he did is significant enough to override everything he doesn't do.

Quote:
You're right, I actually feel sorry for Pogba. It must be tough for him having The Scottish Player next to him, forcing him to lose the ball constantly in the his own half, mis-control passes and not be able to pick out a simple pass over and over again at the weekend. Damn that The Scottish Player.

You're talking absolute shite pal.
Your sarcasm is spot on. Playing with average players effects your game.

Overall, a underperforming Pogba is better than a overperforming The Scottish Player. I'd hate to play with The Scottish Player. Nothing worse than playing with a CM partner who is crap on the ball. Forces you to do things you wouldn't usually do and you attract way more oppo players than him coz they don't fear him.

Quote:
I copied and pasted exactly what you posted earlier in the thread
It's called implied context. :/

Quote:
The Scottish Player is already a first team player pal, it doesn't matter if it gives you ants in your pants, it's just something that is. Tough luck.

And it's 100% justified. Great player with a wonderful future in-front of him. You'll agree one day
Thanks for this gift, Mourinho.

Lol probably promoted The Scottish Player to spite Pogba.

He even dropped Pogba against Sevilla for The Scottish Player. He did well that game didn't he?

gtfoh

Unread 03-09-2019, 03:18 PM
AK14

Wonder if Ole is keeping a close eye on that Norwegian defensive mid (Berg?) that’s supposed to be a potentially top player.

Unread 03-09-2019, 03:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Isn't that what you do with Rashford and Lukaku?
Not that I’m aware of. I’d have Rashford ahead of Lukaku every day of the week. I just want the kid to push on.

Unread 03-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Lots of insignificant things.

You think what he did is significant enough to override everything he doesn't do.
Give over pal. He's does a lot for the team.

He covers more ground than most, he presses well, he's rarely caught out of position, he times his runs forward well, he can win the ball in the tackle and in the air and, he always seems to be in a good defensive position.

Despite being played out of position he has been consistently one of our better performers since Ole took charge.

Quote:
Your sarcasm is spot on. Playing with average players effects your game.

Overall, a underperforming Pogba is better than a overperforming The Scottish Player. I'd hate to play with The Scottish Player. Nothing worse than playing with a CM partner who is crap on the ball. Forces you to do things you wouldn't usually do and you attract way more oppo players than him coz they don't fear him.

Absolute %@#$&!s. I can understand people letting Pogba off at times for being played out of position, I feel for him myself, and obviously he'd be better off further up the field.

But making The Scottish Player a scapegoat for Pogba under-performing and some of the mongy deicions he makes is taking the utter piss

Quote:
Thanks for this gift, Mourinho.

Lol probably promoted The Scottish Player to spite Pogba.

He even dropped Pogba against Sevilla for The Scottish Player. He did well that game didn't he?
So that's what you have against The Scottish Player? That he was promoted by Mourinho? Sad.

He's a first team player on merit. Suck it up champ.

He's a top lad and a top player, and there's plenty more to come from the big guy. Cast away your past grievences and take off them anti-Mourinho goggles, and you shall see and believe.

Quote:
gtfoh
I'd rather not.

Unread 04-09-2019, 03:50 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Not that I’m aware of. I’d have Rashford ahead of Lukaku every day of the week. I just want the kid to push on.
Everyone does but comparisons to Lukaku, as bad as he was don't hold much weight. Lukaku had been a professional for 9 seasons before he joined us and the team was built around him as a focal point. Rashford, unlike Lukaku
has something resembling a first touch, instincts, pace and good movement which means he doesn't have to match Rom's goal output to be a more useful player.

Regardless I think Rash will match Lukaku for goals while creating a lot more for the team, just a pity that with the dearth of creativity behind him his job has been made needlessly more difficult. Didn't think it was possible but we had a better midfield when big Sheasy was spraying passes there.

Unread 05-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Dasilvatwins

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...pete-for-title

State of the players. Hiding behind the manager. He is shit yet blames the manager for everything. Get rid of him and let him rot in the reserves for the next 9 months or so

Unread 05-09-2019, 08:49 AM
NedKelly

So he's said Ole ultimately decides who is playing, that he disagrees with his team selection but respects it, and that he will try to prove he should be a starter for us. I think his legs have gone but there's not even a hint of snide in what he said. He seems open and honest, can't argue with that.

Unread 05-09-2019, 09:08 AM
MartialLaw

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...pete-for-title

State of the players. Hiding behind the manager. He is shit yet blames the manager for everything. Get rid of him and let him rot in the reserves for the next 9 months or so
He's right.

Unread 05-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Brucie

"Manager responsible. He picks the team. I disagree with him not including me. I respect his decision. Up to me to prove him wrong"

Nothing wrong with that to me

Unread 06-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wonder if Ole is keeping a close eye on that Norwegian defensive mid (Berg?) that’s supposed to be a potentially top player.
The lad at Genk? Both Spurs and United reportedly scouted him last season.

Unread 07-09-2019, 10:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The lad at Genk? Both Spurs and United reportedly scouted him last season.
That’s him

Looks a player from the you tube videos I’ve seen of him

Another one I’m hoping we’re keeping tabs on is Halands son who Ole had at Molde.

Unread 07-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s him

Looks a player from the you tube videos I’ve seen of him

Another one I’m hoping we’re keeping tabs on is Halands son who Ole had at Molde.

Unread 07-09-2019, 04:26 PM
utd99

"Yer friends with Haaland then are ya?" "Yer gonna be seeing him later?"

Unread 16-09-2019, 11:08 AM
dunk

http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-united...-another-club/

Quote:
The Serbia international’s contract expires in 2020 and the Old Trafford club have an option to extend the contract by a further year. However, the report explains he is unlikely to ‘prolong’ his stay beyond this season.

That’s because he’s never felt like a key player under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s guidance.
Go on, £#%&! off..
Closed Thread