United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Buck

Football managers giving press conferences are the most banal things around. Generic questions, generic responses. Who cares.

Unread 06-05-2021, 12:37 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Utter %@#$&!s. Sorry.

He can’t condone/promote criminal activity, no matter how necessary. Quite the opposite.

If Joel is telling him he loves the club, not repeating the message would be calling his boss a liar, no? Staying silent comes with massive implications as well.

As I said, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Football managers giving press conferences are the most banal things around. Generic questions, generic responses. Who cares.
Surely the point here is that he didn't give banal, generic responses?

Instead he thought it was the perfect time to let everyone know what amazing people the Glazers are.

Unread 06-05-2021, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No.

Instead he thought it was the perfect time to let everyone know what amazing people the Glazers are.
Well you hang off his every word and get all affronted by it, it's up to you. Enjoy your indignation.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:00 PM
MUFC One Love

Our greatest ever manager literally welcomed them. He could have stopped it with a few words.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well you hang off his every word and get all affronted by it, it's up to you. Enjoy your indignation.
I'm not hanging off anything

I'm simply pointing out he could have handled it better. Much better. he chose not to, which is disappointing.

You seem to think he was okay to say what he did after the weekend we've just had. Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Our greatest ever manager literally welcomed them. He could have stopped it with a few words.
Yes, and he's been criticised heavily for it.

Don't remember too many supporters at the time or since saying he was just doing his job

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:12 PM
utd99

Ole’s in an impossible situation. No matter what he does or says he’s going to get criticism. Even if he’s non commital he’ll get dressed down by the owners for not being supportive while they’re paying him ten million quid a year and probably lose his job down the road because of it.

Their position is not our position; their argument would undoubtedly be that they stuck by him while everyone else was calling for his head and this is how he repays them. Right or wrong is clearly irrelevant to these people; only their interpretation matters.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:13 PM
puressence

people hammering ole and drooling over a former managers new film

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
This.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
what's wrong with that?

I'm pretty sure if Ole wins us 13 titles, a couple of European cups and some the biggest highs of my life I'll be drooling over his film as well, regardless of what's happened today.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Buck

Quote:
No.

I think you're reading too much into this. No manager would have said much different. It's better to just accept it for what it is. His job is to produce a good team and he's doing a great job on that. Everything else with ownership and structure goes around him much like the green and gold movement in 2010 didn't seek Ferguson's approval.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Former manager

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:21 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Shame you turned on this former manager/most successful United manager in the clubs history.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:30 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I think you're reading too much into this. No manager would have said much different. It's better to just accept it for what it is. His job is to produce a good team and he's doing a great job on that. Everything else with ownership and structure goes around him much like the green and gold movement in 2010 didn't seek Ferguson's approval.
No, I don't think I am. Like I've said several times, I'm not calling for his head, not even close. Just annoyed that he handled it as he did. Would have been so easy just to stay neutral, or just defer the question. Tbh, his comment about supporters going too far annoyed me more than any of his pro-Glazer nonsense. Didn't need saying at all.

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:35 PM
puressence

Without going over all ground think most should go back to why the owners we have are actually the owners in the first place , and how welcome the manager in 2005 made them . Also whilst emailing the group opposed to new ownership to fight the fight and not welcome new owners , then totally blank the group when the said new owners arrived . But like i said he has a new film coming out and ole is still clearing up the mess left by him and other more successful managers before him , who were never once hammered for also being glazer employees . Yes the agenda reds are strong

Quote:
No, I don't think I am. Like I've said several times, I'm not calling for his head, not even close. Just annoyed that he handled it as he did. Would have been so easy just to stay neutral, or just defer the question. Tbh, his comment about supporters going too far annoyed me more than any of his pro-Glazer nonsense. Didn't need saying at all.
did you watch the pre game media interview ? think first 6 or 7 questions were about it , then ole says can we talk about the match , the next question is about it ..

Unread 06-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Sapien

Quote:
It’s not how I perceive it at all.

Joel listens to the fans?
Joel loves the club?

Me saying these are lies are just a matter of perception?

He’s telling lies to protect his job. He (or more accurately the media team that fed him the lines) could have worded his response much better they did.

“Look, I know the fans are frustrated - the protests clearly show this - but I’m hopeful we’re on the right track and that we can all come together and do what’s best for this great club”

There. Took me 30 seconds. No negativity. No lies.

History will not be kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I think alot of Bias is being shown at how people are perceiving his comments.

It was a nothing comment. People are seeing what they want, be it positive or negative
So shenwen was wrong. History was kind.

Unread 06-05-2021, 02:21 PM
NedKelly

Disappointed to see some on here still can’t accept a difference of opinion. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Unread 06-05-2021, 02:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He's not been in shape for the decade we've had him
definitely took the new duncan edwards thing too seriously. too soon?

Unread 06-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
It’s not how I perceive it at all.

Joel listens to the fans?
Joel loves the club?

Me saying these are lies are just a matter of perception?

He’s telling lies to protect his job. He (or more accurately the media team that fed him the lines) could have worded his response much better they did.

“Look, I know the fans are frustrated - the protests clearly show this - but I’m hopeful we’re on the right track and that we can all come together and do what’s best for this great club”

There. Took me 30 seconds. No negativity. No lies.

History will not be kind.
This.

I love Ole, love that he is the manager and love the job he is doing.

He gets constant unwarranted hammerings from utter mongs like saffers for the job he's doing.

But he's £#%&!ed up here. I understand that he has to be careful with what he says, and that he might be under pressure to relay the party line. But he needs to be smarter and not come out with the utter shite he has come out with over the past couple of weeks. We all know he's talking utter shite, he's not going to change the opinion on the glazers for 99.9% of fans, the only thing he's going to do is turn fans off him.

Hope he stays on and wins loads with us. But if its a choice between really trying to get rid if the glazers, or having Ole as manager then I'll get his uber sorted myself.

Unread 06-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This.

I love Ole, love that he is the manager and love the job he is doing.

He gets constant unwarranted hammerings from utter mongs like saffers for the job he's doing.

But he's £#%&!ed up here. I understand that he has to be careful with what he says, and that he might be under pressure to relay the party line. But he needs to be smarter and not come out with the utter shite he has come out with over the past couple of weeks. We all know he's talking utter shite, he's not going to change the opinion on the glazers for 99.9% of fans, the only thing he's going to do is turn fans off him.

Hope he stays on and wins loads with us. But if its a choice between really trying to get rid if the glazers, or having Ole as manager then I'll get his uber sorted myself.

Unread 06-05-2021, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I think alot of Bias is being shown at how people are perceiving his comments.

It was a nothing comment. People are seeing what they want, be it positive or negative
Didn't he once make fairly positive comments about G & G?

That might be more of a clue as to what he "really" thinks tbh - to the extent it even matters.
Closed Thread