United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Andy Gray

Another unbiased, commentary yesterday I thought. Only took him 5 minutes to write us off, then basically supported Chelsea for the rest. God on you Andy for such balance and good on Sky Sports for allowing it.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Ive always been on of the opinion that without my red tinted specs on he is fair because Andy Gray gets slagged by all sides for being biased so he probably isn't. That said the amount of times everyone bleated about Scholes should have been sent off when the reverse angle showed that Palacios lad clearly going to ground after a minor scrape on his forearm pissed me off. The first one wasn't that bad a challenge either and was a great piece of simulation to flip his legs up making the tackle look that much worse.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Ive always been on of the opinion that without my red tinted specs on he is fair because Andy Gray gets slagged by all sides for being biased so he probably isn't. That said the amount of times everyone bleated about Scholes should have been sent off when the reverse angle showed that Palacios lad clearly going to ground after a minor scrape on his forearm pissed me off. The first one wasn't that bad a challenge either and was a great piece of simulation to flip his legs up making the tackle look that much worse.
He basically said the ref had decided the title, rather than you know, United's consistent performances over the season. Top scorers, best defence, playing quality football but no it was pparantly Steve Bennet and a borderline decision in one game that decided it.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
TheNew

Fortunately, my local had the foreign channels on and managed to spare us the drivel spouted by the @#%&!.

Got a fairly balanced view of each incident on the albanian channels.

I guess those of us who are not going will have a choice for the champions league final; ITV or Sky.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:36 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He basically said the ref had decided the title, rather than you know, United's consistent performances over the season. Top scorers, best defence, playing quality football but no it was pparantly Steve Bennet and a borderline decision in one game that decided it.
I was more pissed off with Ray Wilkins to be honest, but then I was not in any fit state to really assess any pundits performance.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I was more pissed off with Ray Wilkins to be honest, but then I was not in any fit state to really assess any pundits performance.
Me neither really, had enough of it so I £#%&!ed off out the pub up to the ground for a bit of singing and giddiness.

a mate's just told me he heard a phone-in after the game and a scouser phoned in to call Bennett a cheat who handed us the title. he followed this by claiming United haven't conceded a penalty at old Trafford for 37 years. that is the level Andy Gray is now on.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:45 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Me neither really, had enough of it so I £#%&!ed off out the pub up to the ground for a bit of singing and giddiness.

a mate's just told me he heard a phone-in after the game and a scouser phoned in to call Bennett a cheat who handed us the title. he followed this by claiming United haven't conceded a penalty at old Trafford for 37 years. that is the level Andy Gray is now on.
Didn't Danny Murphy score a penalty for Liverpool against United in the 03/04 season?

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Didn't Danny Murphy score a penalty for Liverpool against United in the 03/04 season?
He can't have, that is far less than 37 years ago.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He was a disgrace yesterday. Out to spoil United's win by any means possible.

He reckons himself to be a football guru, an untouchable tactician too good for football management.

Love the way he takes about three looks at a replay of an incident, decides in hindsight what should have been given, then spends the rest of the game asking why the ref couldn't get it first time, in real time.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

For the 2nd Scholes foul he said that it was always a booking for that but when Ronnie had the same thing happen the ref gave nothing and Gray slated him for trying to ref the game himself. He's a hypocrite and a scumbag and can £#%&! off and die.

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Smurf

"Britain's Best Football Pundit (TM)".

:£#%&!er:

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Mr Kaboom

Was Diarra booked for 'obstructing' Ronnie into row z in the first seconds of the FA Cup game this season ?

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:40 AM
edwin

I used to think he was fairly OK, but he was worse than Alan £#%&!ing Green yesterday

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Fat Al

Funnily enough, he made NO mention of that Wigan @#%&! who ran smack into Vidic some 3 seconds after Vidic had played the ball.

Should have been booked for a challenge later than a £#%&!in T5 departure, yet the @#%&! Gray made no mention of it.

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Billy Baroo

yes gray was a huge @#%&! but scholes should have gone

how he he could say our pen was no more than 50/50

all the pundits in the studio said pen and when keys tried to make it seem contentious wilkins just said no it was a pen

Unread 12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Love the way he takes about three looks at a replay of an incident, decides in hindsight what should have been given, then spends the rest of the game asking why the ref couldn't get it first time, in real time.
So true.

The entire post match media industry is based on multi camera slow motion hindsight which conveniently forgets that refs see things in real time.

That said - I can't remember seeing a clearer pen as the one Scholes didn't get yesterday but hay ho.

Unread 12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
yes gray was a huge @#%&! but scholes should have gone

how he he could say our pen was no more than 50/50

all the pundits in the studio said pen and when keys tried to make it seem contentious wilkins just said no it was a pen
The 2nd was a definate yellow, the first wasnt even a foul, great tackle and Palacios antics made it look bad, he never touched him and took the ball cleanly. Palacios also did about 12 fouls before getting booked, Scholes did one tackle

Unread 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
puressence

text a few lads about his commentary , doesnt usually bother me tbh , but yesterdays was a £#%&!ing joke , possibly the most biased ive ever heard . scholes this scholes that deffo penalty .. gray go and £#%&! off you jockanese @#%&!

Unread 12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
The 2nd was a definate yellow, the first wasnt even a foul, great tackle and Palacios antics made it look bad, he never touched him and took the ball cleanly. Palacios also did about 12 fouls before getting booked, Scholes did one tackle
they were both bookings

he goes through him for the ball, stupidity considering where the player was and where he was facing. watch it again and its his right foot that takes palacios at the ankle

we got lucky with that decision, no need to pretend otherwise

we £#%&!ing deserved some luck and it evened out when scholes didn't get the pen

Unread 12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Gog Coch

Andy Gray is not a well man.
Closed Thread