United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2020, 01:34 PM
puressence

Default Utd signing city starlet from the east lands lab ..

Charlie McNeil scorer of 600 goals at various youth levels looks like he’s moving to us from city. Massive red aswell. Who was it saying about the Utds youth team set up and how piss poor it’s was in comparison to city’s. Still makes me smile

Unread 24-07-2020, 01:38 PM
windy waffles

Delight for Ipswich - another one to join their ranks.

Unread 24-07-2020, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Charlie McNeil scorer of 600 goals at various youth levels looks like he’s moving to us from city. Massive red aswell. Who was it saying about the Utds youth team set up and how piss poor it’s was in comparison to city’s. Still makes me smile
It was Keithers who used a declaim on that at great length, IIRC.

Unread 24-07-2020, 06:57 PM
andyroo

Keith didn't do anything of the sort. He was critical of United's passivity to the berties' aggressive proletysing at development level clubs and he was right to. He wasn't talking about the quality of players the clubs were producing, he was talking about our getting hold of the potential talent in the first place. This lad is a classic example of what he was talking about, a top top red and yet ended up in their academy and not ours.

Unread 24-07-2020, 07:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Keith didn't do anything of the sort. He was critical of United's passivity to the berties' aggressive proletysing at development level clubs and he was right to. He wasn't talking about the quality of players the clubs were producing, he was talking about our getting hold of the potential talent in the first place. This lad is a classic example of what he was talking about, a top top red and yet ended up in their academy and not ours.
Like mason greenwood ?

Unread 24-07-2020, 07:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Like mason greenwood ?
Yes I do very much, but we brought him across the Pennines. This fella was on our books first but they did a Ryan Wilson on us.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yes I do very much, but we brought him across the Pennines. This fella was on our books first but they did a Ryan Wilson on us.
City will
Never produce talent like
Marcus or
Mason ever

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
City will
Marcus or
Mason ever
Foden?

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
City will
Marcus or
Mason ever
they might do but they'll not get much chance in the first team and end up going to dortmund.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Went to school with his brother. All big United fans from Denton.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Went to school with his brother. All big United fans from Denton.
That would make this even sweeter for the lad. Imagine having to play for that lot when you're a true red

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:13 PM
ScarFace

What shirt number will they be retiring ?

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:23 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
That would make this even sweeter for the lad. Imagine having to play for that lot when you're a true red
Think as a young lad you just want to play. If you can get signed by your boyhood club on whatever path your career takes you (Ipswich, etc.) then you’re going to jump at the chance.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Think as a young lad you just want to play. If you can get signed by your boyhood club on whatever path your career takes you (Ipswich, etc.) then you’re going to jump at the chance.
also it makes a difference when the club have the sovereign wealth of a nation to buy your parents and house and that sort of thing.

Not that city would ever do such underhanded things to secure a young player.

no no no

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:48 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
also it makes a difference when the club have the sovereign wealth of a nation to buy your parents and house and that sort of thing.

no no no
The lads from a good home, I doubt his parents need a new house. More likely that they do that sort of thing to sweeten the deal for a player moving from abroad.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The lads from a good home, I doubt his parents need a new house. More likely that they do that sort of thing to sweeten the deal for a player moving from abroad.
i'm not referring to his situation specifically.

but i do know of a family in essex who are friends of my uncle, who's son was openly courted by City and several other premier league clubs. City were prepared to move his whole family up to manchester and buy them a house.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:53 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

but i do know of a family in essex who are friends of my uncle, who's son was openly courted by City and several other premier league clubs. City were prepared to move his whole family up to manchester and buy them a house.
Bitters give them all private education too... United just pay bus fare.

Unread 24-07-2020, 08:57 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

You would kind of expect it if you were the parents tbh, otherwise you would look at the nearest/best option.

Used to know Stephen Ireland’s family quite well, City looked after them (single parent family) and that was before the takeover.

Unread 24-07-2020, 09:11 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Foden?
He’s is a forward

Quote:

no no no
And the education

Quote:
You would kind of expect it if you were the parents tbh, otherwise you would look at the nearest/best option.

Used to know Stephen Ireland’s family quite well, City looked after them (single parent family) and that was before the takeover.
Didn’t his gran look after him then
She passed away but still looked after him

Unread 24-07-2020, 09:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
He’s is a forward
You said talent, no mention of position.
Closed Thread