Unread 25-01-2020, 10:01 PM
d_knight

TOP 10 SOLSKJAER RIDICULOUS GOOD LOSER MOMENTS
From Discover on Google

Unread 25-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
And don't forget a certain Erling Haaland, who Ole signed as a young up-and-comer whilst at Molde, and who he was seemingly very keen on re-signing for United last month (flying over to personally talk to the lad, according to the press) and who then went on to score 5 goals in his first 2 games for Dormund. Whose fault it was that the deal didn't go through, we can only speculate, but it certainly looks like Ole wanted the kid and someone upstairs didn't sign off on the deal...
What gets me is why LVG and Mou are not slagging the @#%&!s to high heaven now. Hopefully Ole does.

Unread 25-01-2020, 10:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
What gets me is why LVG and Mou are not slagging the @#%&!s to high heaven now. Hopefully Ole does.
Maybe the ridiculously large severance packages they got?

The confirmation of the figure — understood to be a £15 million payoff for Mourinho and the rest (£4million) for five members of his coaching staff — means that United have spent £33.2 million in five years in compensation for three managers who have been fired: Mourinho, Louis van Gaal and David Moyes.

That's insane when you think about it.

Unread 25-01-2020, 10:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe le Pew
Poch has done what exactly? Finished third in a two horse race? Brilliant, get him in.
CL finalist having made no signings the previous summer...

Unread 25-01-2020, 10:51 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Can't even finish the £#%&!ing job and now Robbie fowler can lift up both hands

Unread 25-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Pepe le Pew

Quote:
Bottled a CL final? I'm sold, get him in.

Unread 25-01-2020, 11:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
No one seriously denies Pochettino did a good job at Spurs, then it petered out. He’s probably a sound manager, though managerial performance isn’t universal to every situation, so he might do a good job here, then again he might not. Either way he would need the time we’d be denying Solskjaer.

Unread 25-01-2020, 11:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Who was fired for poor performances months later. The man who replaced him was deemed not good enough for us!

Unread 25-01-2020, 11:12 PM
silv

You’re all mad

Unread 26-01-2020, 12:15 AM
Buck

Unread 26-01-2020, 12:18 AM
red in cumbria

Well that has cheered me up and no mistake.

Unread 26-01-2020, 12:19 AM
92ToBury

Charles Tyrwhitt already lined up as official waistcoat partner. Go Ed.

Unread 26-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Bottled a CL final? I'm sold, get him in.
Yeah, cos Tottenham were heavy favourites to win the European Cup.

F
F
S

This argument

Unread 26-01-2020, 02:35 AM
Pepe le Pew

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Yeah, cos Tottenham were heavy favourites to win the European Cup.

F
F
S

This argument
Has he won something?

Unread 26-01-2020, 02:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Has he won something?
My respect.

Unread 26-01-2020, 04:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You may not want Ole as manager but you have to give credit where it’s due; I don’t think anyone thought Fred had it in him. To say he just needed some games, as though that was obvious, is a bit disingenuous.
Not true. See the related thread. Some have been saying that since Jose was still here

What is disingenuous is people giving Ole credit for McT. First, he's been just okay. Second, sorry but the previous manager gets that one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

At some point we have to stick with someone
Agreed. The question of course is whether that person is Ole. Do we take a chance with him based on what we've seen so far, or do we say he is a caretaker that got over promoted and put our trust in someone with a track record?

The one thing Ole does give us is stability. He is highly unlikely to kick up a fuss and engineer his way out when the board £#%&! him over. That's definitely a positive for the long term. But balancing that with my faith in him to develop onto a world class coach is where I struggle.

Unread 26-01-2020, 05:06 AM
believe

I think the fact that people are using The Scottish Player as an argument for us “progressing” says all we need to know.

Unread 26-01-2020, 09:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Charles Tyrwhitt already lined up as official waistcoat partner. Go Ed.
Lots of rags running with Southgate stories this morning.

Unread 26-01-2020, 09:39 AM
believe

Quote:
Lots of rags running with Southgate stories this morning.
Probably solely based on reading a made up post on here

Unread 26-01-2020, 11:26 AM
ryanMUFC

Tired of arguing about whether Ole is a good enough manager but it’s mad that people are saying that Fred and Mctomminay have improved under him.

Fred needed time to adapt as well as more game time and Mctomminay was given a chance under Mourinho and was inevitably going to improve with more game time.

‘Ole has got rid of some dead wood’ but the players that he let go probably would have scored us goals and won us games. We still have Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard in the squad ...because their wages aren’t as high as Sanchez and Lukaku’s. Makes you think whether it’s not actually Ole but Woodward getting the wage bill down.

Bring in a new manager and we’ll have the same issue when his half-arsed transfer budget leaves the club with another group of average players on high wages. It’s a trend that’s happened since Ferguson left ..or since Woodward.
Closed Thread