United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Unread 14-12-2019, 11:49 PM
BarryX
 
Default Beef with Britannia - thoughts on these odds Fred.

Have now gone public with my plagiarism issues about Sky's show (not just my opinion, btw, the uni faculty where I wrote it agree, not that that's helped me get the funding needed thus far, for the High Court). Anyway, have made a few videos detailing the similarities and would appreciate likes/comments (nothing stupid if you don't mind) and shares, as I try to get the view count started and Sky and Amazon's Heads of Drama to take notice. In particular would appreciate your thoughts on the odds I've come up with in the first one.

(the odds of creative choices taken in one scene).

(short script reading from my work and how the shared story beats can be seen)

(most of the similarities in one video - am redoing the audio for this, but shows how similar the narratives where).

Will be making shorter ones/trailers in the coming week/s.

Fingers crossed that they'll see what I think has obviously happened and sort it sharpish
 
Unread 14-12-2019, 11:54 PM
armchair
 
Default

6 seconds in and i'm thinking you should have an agent for voice acting, will give it a fair hearing.
 
Unread 14-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

i'm gonna be honest mate, that all went over my head a bit.

nice voice.
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:02 AM
armchair
 
Default

got a like from me. i think if you had some videos that are kind of educational about story arcs etc you'd strengthen your position as a good faith actor. I think you are in the right but i'm not sure it's provable and i think it probably routine that ideas get stolen,
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:02 AM
BarryX
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
6 seconds in and i'm thinking you should have an agent for voice acting, will give it a fair hearing.
Thanks man. I head some of the students I lectured saying it made them want to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm gonna be honest mate, that all went over my head a bit.

nice voice.
Hmmm. It definitely needs a shorter trailer which spells it out. But all feedback is appreciated. I'm no Mark Goldbridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
got a like from me. i think if you had some videos that are kind of educational about story arcs etc you'd strengthen your position as a good faith actor. I think you are in the right but i'm not sure it's provable and i think it probably routine that ideas get stolen,
Cheers.

As for the ideas getting stolen all the time, one of my arguments is that it's far more than an idea for a story, but the execution of a substantial amount of those ideas, with some minor adaptations. Not just going to sit back and take it. Not after the work I put in. But thanks for the feedback.
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:13 AM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Thanks man. I head some of the students I lectured saying it made them want to fall asleep



Hmmm. It definitely needs a shorter trailer which spells it out. But all feedback is appreciated. I'm no Mark Goldbridge...
Coffeezilla does a lot of videos exposing fake gurus. it's a big channel. basically the 2nd channel of a bigger channel, He could do a good "Anatomy of professional plagiarism" vid. Coffeezilla is his second channel. I think he may be interested as it is quite interesting concept.

Do you have an elevator pitch for what happened? If you do then contact him


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQ...lcr0_aw/videos

it's basically his second channel...coffee break is his main channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9W...Jhag-vkDNTDMRg

He loves shit like this.
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:23 AM
BarryX
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Coffeezilla does a lot of videos exposing fake gurus. it's a big channel. basically the 2nd channel of a bigger channel, He could do a good "Anatomy of professional plagiarism" vid. Coffeezilla is his second channel. I think he may be interested as it is quite interesting concept.

Do you have an elevator pitch for what happened? If you do then contact him


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQ...lcr0_aw/videos

it's basically his second channel...coffee break is his main channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9W...Jhag-vkDNTDMRg

He loves shit like this.
Excellent linkage, will definitely get in touch now that I've moved this into the public domain. My plan is to make a short trailer/pitch video summarising it all, in the coming days, whilst getting feedback on the main videos (which I can then tweak). Truly appreciated, as I've not heard of the channel. Touch wood one of the papers will go ahead with an expose this side of the New Year
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:28 AM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Excellent linkage, will definitely get in touch now that I've moved this into the public domain. My plan is to make a short trailer/pitch video summarising it all, in the coming days, whilst getting feedback on the main videos (which I can then tweak). Truly appreciated, as I've not heard of the channel. Touch wood one of the papers will go ahead with an expose this side of the New Year
if you could get him in touch it would be great and i think the angle would be the anatomy of plagiarism. even if you win no money it would be interesting to see how it happens, (in fact i think you should write it off completely)

it would;d be interesting as f*** and a warning to others.
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

how exactly have they got hold of your material in the first place?

Were you actively showing it around to studios?
 
Unread 15-12-2019, 12:30 AM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
how exactly have they got hold of your material in the first place?

Were you actively showing it around to studios?
he sent them it. they either did nothing or told them he wasn't interested, then did a show that looked a lot like his pitch
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Beef with Britannia - thoughts on these odds Fred.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Britannia flixton TV / Film / Books / Arts 62 04-06-2018 11:20 AM
Synth Britannia f*** KFC Off Topic 5 19-10-2009 12:41 AM
blues_ britannia Horst_ Bucholst Off Topic 2 02-05-2009 09:53 AM
The Britannia Hotel on Portland Street. antonin jablonsky Off Topic 44 11-10-2007 10:59 AM
Rule Britannia silv Off Topic 12 21-06-2007 02:27 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.