United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 14-12-2019, 11:49 PM
BarryX

Default Beef with Britannia - thoughts on these odds Fred.

Have now gone public with my plagiarism issues about Sky's show (not just my opinion, btw, the uni faculty where I wrote it agree, not that that's helped me get the funding needed thus far, for the High Court). Anyway, have made a few videos detailing the similarities and would appreciate likes/comments (nothing stupid if you don't mind) and shares, as I try to get the view count started and Sky and Amazon's Heads of Drama to take notice. In particular would appreciate your thoughts on the odds I've come up with in the first one.

(the odds of creative choices taken in one scene).

(short script reading from my work and how the shared story beats can be seen)

(most of the similarities in one video - am redoing the audio for this, but shows how similar the narratives where).

Will be making shorter ones/trailers in the coming week/s.

Fingers crossed that they'll see what I think has obviously happened and sort it sharpish

Unread 14-12-2019, 11:54 PM
armchair

6 seconds in and i'm thinking you should have an agent for voice acting, will give it a fair hearing.

Unread 14-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

i'm gonna be honest mate, that all went over my head a bit.

nice voice.

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:02 AM
armchair

got a like from me. i think if you had some videos that are kind of educational about story arcs etc you'd strengthen your position as a good faith actor. I think you are in the right but i'm not sure it's provable and i think it probably routine that ideas get stolen,

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:02 AM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
6 seconds in and i'm thinking you should have an agent for voice acting, will give it a fair hearing.
Thanks man. I head some of the students I lectured saying it made them want to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm gonna be honest mate, that all went over my head a bit.

nice voice.
Hmmm. It definitely needs a shorter trailer which spells it out. But all feedback is appreciated. I'm no Mark Goldbridge...

Quote:
got a like from me. i think if you had some videos that are kind of educational about story arcs etc you'd strengthen your position as a good faith actor. I think you are in the right but i'm not sure it's provable and i think it probably routine that ideas get stolen,
Cheers.

As for the ideas getting stolen all the time, one of my arguments is that it's far more than an idea for a story, but the execution of a substantial amount of those ideas, with some minor adaptations. Not just going to sit back and take it. Not after the work I put in. But thanks for the feedback.

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:13 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Thanks man. I head some of the students I lectured saying it made them want to fall asleep

Hmmm. It definitely needs a shorter trailer which spells it out. But all feedback is appreciated. I'm no Mark Goldbridge...
Coffeezilla does a lot of videos exposing fake gurus. it's a big channel. basically the 2nd channel of a bigger channel, He could do a good "Anatomy of professional plagiarism" vid. Coffeezilla is his second channel. I think he may be interested as it is quite interesting concept.

Do you have an elevator pitch for what happened? If you do then contact him

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQ...lcr0_aw/videos

it's basically his second channel...coffee break is his main channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9W...Jhag-vkDNTDMRg

He loves shit like this.

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:23 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Coffeezilla does a lot of videos exposing fake gurus. it's a big channel. basically the 2nd channel of a bigger channel, He could do a good "Anatomy of professional plagiarism" vid. Coffeezilla is his second channel. I think he may be interested as it is quite interesting concept.

Do you have an elevator pitch for what happened? If you do then contact him

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQ...lcr0_aw/videos

it's basically his second channel...coffee break is his main channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9W...Jhag-vkDNTDMRg

He loves shit like this.
Excellent linkage, will definitely get in touch now that I've moved this into the public domain. My plan is to make a short trailer/pitch video summarising it all, in the coming days, whilst getting feedback on the main videos (which I can then tweak). Truly appreciated, as I've not heard of the channel. Touch wood one of the papers will go ahead with an expose this side of the New Year

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:28 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Excellent linkage, will definitely get in touch now that I've moved this into the public domain. My plan is to make a short trailer/pitch video summarising it all, in the coming days, whilst getting feedback on the main videos (which I can then tweak). Truly appreciated, as I've not heard of the channel. Touch wood one of the papers will go ahead with an expose this side of the New Year
if you could get him in touch it would be great and i think the angle would be the anatomy of plagiarism. even if you win no money it would be interesting to see how it happens, (in fact i think you should write it off completely)

it would;d be interesting as f*** and a warning to others.

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Sparky***

how exactly have they got hold of your material in the first place?

Were you actively showing it around to studios?

Unread 15-12-2019, 12:30 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
how exactly have they got hold of your material in the first place?

Were you actively showing it around to studios?
he sent them it. they either did nothing or told them he wasn't interested, then did a show that looked a lot like his pitch