United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Time For Heroes

I've got no time for Madrid either so couldn't care less about that but why waste the rest of your career? I thought he loves Wales though? How is he going to 'passion' the ball into the net when he's half fit and blowing out of his arse after 20 mins for them then?

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yeah, I'm sure he'll cringe telling people about the 4 x Champions Leagues he won, 2 x La Ligas, 3 x World Club Cup, 2 x European Super Cups, 1 x Coppa Del Rey, 2 x PFA Player of the Year, 1 x PFA Young Player of the Year award, getting to the semi final of the European Championships whilst sitting in his mansion with a happy family, £150m in the bank and an impressive golf handicap.

All that & this highlight reel - the guy is an astonishing footballer, bit of a shame it's all fizzling out for him but if Zidane gets potted he could be a new favourite under the next boss.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:08 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5m...E4hiwM&index=2

All that & this highlight reel - the guy is an astonishing footballer, bit of a shame it's all fizzling out for him but if Zidane gets potted he could be a new favourite under the next boss.

Dunno how he sleeps at night.

What a waste of a career...

Could have achieved so much...

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Dunno how he sleeps at night.

What a waste of a career...

Could have achieved so much...
Unsure if serious, but if you are - by one of many examples - he's done far more in his career than, say, Steven Gerrard who's lauded as some sort of legend.

Power to the guy tbh, he's done more than most, earning an absolute insane amount for sitting on his arse and sticking it to Madrid who have, in my opinion, some of the worst fans of a big club in europe. £#%&!ers to a man.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure he'll cringe telling people about the 4 x Champions Leagues he won, 2 x La Ligas, 3 x World Club Cup, 2 x European Super Cups, 1 x Coppa Del Rey, 2 x PFA Player of the Year, 1 x PFA Young Player of the Year award, getting to the semi final of the European Championships whilst sitting in his mansion with a happy family, £150m in the bank and an impressive golf handicap.
Ronaldo could cite three times that many. You think he’s the type to gladly sit in the stands acting out for the cameras and collecting his dough? That’s why he’ll be a legend and Bale a footnote.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Unsure if serious, but if you are - by one of many examples - he's done far more in his career than, say, Steven Gerrard who's lauded as some sort of legend.

Power to the guy tbh, he's done more than most, earning an absolute insane amount for sitting on his arse and sticking it to Madrid who have, in my opinion, some of the worst fans of a big club in europe. £#%&!ers to a man.
I wasn't serious - see previous posts about him. He's a £#%&!ing great player and has achieved more than many can dream of. His honours list and bank account sees to that.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ronaldo could cite three times that many. You think he’s the type to gladly sit in the stands acting out for the cameras and collecting his dough? That’s why he’ll be a legend and Bale a footnote.
You can't compare anyone to Ronaldo in terms of drive and work rate, he's utterly peerless.

There's plenty of players far more lauded than Bale who will end up with far less in terms of achievments.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:46 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
He probably isn't arsed. He doesn't strike me as an egomaniac like Ronaldo.

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
You can't compare anyone to Ronaldo in terms of drive and work rate, he's utterly peerless.

There's plenty of players far more lauded than Bale who will end up with far less in terms of achievments.
Just watching Last Dance again. Jordan makes Ronaldo look like a skiver. Mental competitor.

I guess that’s what’s making the Bale situation look a bit. Tbh

Unread 21-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Just watching Last Dance again. Jordan makes Ronaldo look like a skiver. Mental competitor.

I guess that’s what’s making the Bale situation look a bit. Tbh
Nah I'd rate them pretty equally in that respect. Both not necessarily the most naturally talented but way over compensated for any deficiency by sheer attitude, determination etc. Difference is Ronaldo is obviously much less bothered by what those around him do compared to Jordan, who was like Keane in terms of what he expected from his teammates

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Half his career it’s been one season you daft @#%&!.
Figure of speech.

They've been dicking him around for more than a season.

Embarrassing for the lad imo - it's like hanging around a girl after she's made it clear you're not getting any more action and she's already getting it elsewhere.

Sooner or later you have to move on for everyone's sake.

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Figure of speech.

Embarrassing for the lad imo - it's like hanging around a girl after she's made it clear you're not getting any more action and she's already getting it elsewhere.

If said girl was chucking me £600k a week to sit in the sunshine that would be fine.

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If said girl was chucking me £600k a week to sit in the sunshine that would be fine.
“who’s cucking who, love?”

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Figure of speech.

They have - so he is well within his right to keep pocketing his £40m per year.

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Even if you already had £600m in the bank and equally attractive girls were offering themselves to you with all the action you wanted ?

You could always sit in your bedroom and watch p***hub, but I know which option I'd go for.
I’m pretty lazy tbh, can I just take the money and chill playing video games and watching YouTube all day?

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
remember football is just a £#%&!ing job. Just because you are great at it does not mean you have to love it.

Take the £#%&!ing money and run. Clubs dont give a £#%&! about players and players dont give a £#%&! about clubs. It's all about the money.

i love the fact bale does whatever the £#%&! he wants.
I disagree - I think the vast majority of professional footballers love the game.

Otherwise they wouldn't have already made all the sacrifices they have made just to get into contention for a place in a team.

There will always be a few lazy £#%&!s like Bale, but there are plenty more like Rooney who will drop down the ladder just to keep playing.

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I disagree - I think the vast majority of professional footballers love the game.

Otherwise they wouldn't have already made all the sacrifices they have made just to get into contention for a place in a team.

There will always be a few lazy £#%&!s like Bale, but there are plenty more like Rooney who will drop down the ladder just to keep playing.
There will be a minority of them who don't. He is one of them.

Why is that hard to understand?

Unread 21-07-2020, 02:57 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

or they know that if they get just one good contract it could change the life of their family's for generations. The money as a player even young lads now that might have potential to go big is crazy.

Unread 21-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
There will be a minority of them who don't. He is one of them.

Why is that hard to understand?
I guess just because I'd love to have the chance to do what he can't be arsed to do.

Unread 21-07-2020, 03:21 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
I guess just because I'd love to have the chance to do what he can't be arsed to do.
i would love to fly a plane i bet a current pilot thinks its a right pain in the arse everyday
Closed Thread