United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

And the fact that 4 of the 5 players we have bought, were done so three games into the season is also unforgivable.
The off season was about three weeks long FFS

We'd rightly or wrongly prioritised Sancho but when we stood firm and weren't taken for mugs we spent elsewhere on 6 players....

You can bet your bottom dollar if Sancho was our ONLY buy people would be fuming.

The club can't win...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:48 AM
AK14

Donny
Telles
Cavani
Diallo
Pellestri

Who’s the six?

Have I missed an announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've got no issue with United walking away from the Sancho deal at €108m, nevermind €250m ffs. I can even live with them sidestepping Havertz, though I think he'll end up a great signing for Chelsea, on the grounds that he isn't a natural winger, which is what we required, nor does he fill any of the other gaps.

What I can't forgive is pissing about for 3 long months+ waiting in the hope that the situation would change and not prioritising other players capable of playing RW that aren't fresh off the teat and unlikely to play for the first team for years.

IF, and it's a big one, they couldn't find an attacker or two worth a signing, why the £#%&! weren't they identifiying/negotiating for other problem areas such as Left Sided CB (Gabriel, Ake, Upamecano, Torres etc. What happened to all of those names, did we just opt not to bother?) or a CDM, there must be 1 out there worth a punt that isn't going to be as static and old as Matic?

It's absolutely £#%&!ing shocking.
Nailed it tbf.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Donny
Telles
Cavani
Diallo
Pellestri

Who’s the six?

Nailed it tbf.
Bunks is counting Henderson to back up his argument.

Is Smalling had stayed, that would be 7.

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

We'd rightly or wrongly prioritised Sancho but when we stood firm and weren't taken for mugs we spent elsewhere on 6 players....

You can bet your bottom dollar if Sancho was our ONLY buy people would be fuming.

The club can't win...
Spot on.

The young players were identified months and months ago, that’s why nobody had a clue about us signing them. Eddy was keeping the funds liquid in case something changed with Sancho and we needed a big fee upfront. It didn’t, so he decided to spend the money on the kids we’d always wanted, but probably could have left until January/next season at a push, and also got in some experience.

He’s played it pretty well imo.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Donny
Telles
Cavani
Diallo
Pellestri

Who’s the six?

Nailed it tbf.
Returning Henderson....

Whip Hubley

Quote:

The club can't win...
Is this typical contrary bunks or are you actually defending the club

Pursuing an essentially un-gettable target for 3 months then literally deciding at the last minute to bring in 4 players, all of whom are either gambles at best or extremely underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Spot on.

The young players were identified months and months ago, that’s why nobody had a clue about us signing them. Eddy was keeping the funds liquid in case something changed with Sancho and we needed a big fee upfront. It didn’t, so he decided to spend the money on the kids we’d always wanted, but probably could have left until January/next season at a push, and also got in some experience.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Returning Henderson....
Ah, so five signing then.

This isn’t your best wum tbf.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Pursuing an essentially un-gettable target for 3 months then literally deciding at the last minute to bring in 4 players, all of whom are either gambles at best or extremely underwhelming.
No, see ethers post above......

You have no idea how we ended up with the signings we did, when contact was made, how the deals were struck.....

It's this Anti everything United do vibe that the s disgusting for all to see....

" We £#%&!ed up the Sancho deal"
"Wasted all this time on Sancho"

Oh look here's 5/6 new players and experience...

"No, no, no, we wanted Sancho"

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

This.

If Sancho is too expensive, then ok. But have a back up. And move on it earlier than deadline day. Dortmund have been consistent and gave us a deadline. It's our choice not to believe them.

The kids might be ok, but are they seriously our plan b for the main position that needs addressing.

Telles. Decent signing and some good competition.

Cavani: could do a job, but REEKS of a panic buy. If we really wanted him, he'd have been here earlier. What was stopping us?

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

You have no idea how we ended up with the signings we did, when contact was made, how the deals were struck.....

It's this Anti everything United do vibe that the s disgusting for all to see....

" We f***ed up the Sancho deal"

Oh look here's 5/6 new Ayers and experience...

Anti united

If you're serious, and I'm pretty sure you can't be, give your £#%&!ing head a wobble

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

If Sancho is too expensive, then ok. But have a back up.?
We did ?

"No not these ones"

dunk

I also don't understand the insistence on a loan signing for RW, btw, as if the players we're targeting as back ups to Sancho would be happy to come in and be a stop-gap for a year or that we have even the slightest chance of signing Sancho after a 7-8 place finish, change of manager and a season of epically shitty proportions, which is what it is shaping up to be.

Whip Hubley

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

If Sancho is too expensive, then ok. But have a back up. And move on it earlier than deadline day. Dortmund have been consistent and gave us a deadline. It's our choice not to believe them.

The kids might be ok, but are they seriously our plan b for the main position that needs addressing.

Telles. Decent signing and some good competition.

Cavani: could do a job, but REEKS of a panic buy. If we really wanted him, he'd have been here earlier. What was stopping us?
Keeping funds liquid mate didn't you get the memo

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:56 AM
windy waffles

Never had bunks down as a Woodward apologist...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Spot on.

Which is why it was a mess. Like I read somewhere today - Woodward was playing poker but there was nobody else sitting at the table.

I wouldn't mind this 'strategy' quite so much if some of the signings addressed the problems we have. Telles aside, we're still weak in the areas where we were already weak. The window wasn't a disaster but also wasn't great.

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Never had bunks down as a Woodward apologist...

I had my suspicions a while ago tbh...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Anti united

If you're serious, and I'm pretty sure you can't be, give your £#%&!ing head a wobble
*Everything they do.

The negativity, the £#%&!ing moaning, the thinking you know better than the club...

It's a WWpandemic FFS and you think you know how to run a club that is barely functioning in a sport that may not even survive the next few years...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

" We £#%&!ed up the Sancho deal"

Oh look here's 5/6 new players and experience...

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I also don't understand the insistence on a loan signing for RW, btw, as if the players we're targeting as back ups to Sancho would be happy to come in and be a stop-gap for a year or that we have even the slightest chance of signing Sancho after a 7-8 place finish, change of manager and a season of epically shitty proportions, which is what it is shaping up to be.
Trying to loan Sarr from Watford with a 25m ‘option’ to buy when it was reported they were looking to sell for 50m was a highlight

Unread 06-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
*Everything they do.

The negativity, the f***ing moaning, the thinking you know better than the club...

It's a WWpandemic FFS and you think you know how to run a club that is barely functioning in a sport that may not even survive the next few years...
Wow. Just wow. So it's about the pandemic now, not the extreme mismanagement.

You know you'd have a point if we hadn't seen the exact same £#%&!ing pattern for the last 5 years

Imagine defending the absolute £#%&!ing mess that is the club management. You'd do well on twitter #oleout
Closed Thread