United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He'd do, not sure he'll leave Spain though, if he leaves Atleti..

I'm open to suggestions on strikers too btw..
Slightly leftfield... but I quite like the two in Glasgow, Odsonne Edouard at Celtic (only 22) & the headcase at Rangers, Morelos (24) both would be a lot cheaper than Dembele from Lyon who I think would be the ideal sort of replacement for Martial. Depends if we are after more of the same, or want an option.

Unread 01-07-2020, 03:08 PM
rubbernecker

I'd like a forward who can actually jump and head the ball , bully defenders , hold the ball up and has elbows like Ong Bak

A Joe Jordan , Mark Hughes type instead of another fleet footed Nancy

Unread 01-07-2020, 03:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Slightly leftfield... but I quite like the two in Glasgow, Odsonne Edouard at Celtic (only 22) & the headcase at Rangers, Morelos (24) both would be a lot cheaper than Dembele from Lyon who I think would be the ideal sort of replacement for Martial. Depends if we are after more of the same, or want an option.
Decent shout.

Although, we’d then need 2 strikers as Morelos will be suspended for half the season.

Unread 01-07-2020, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Why does Grealish keep getting mentioned? Is he going cheap?
Might be if Villa are relegated tbf.

Unread 01-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Never buy a player who french plaits his hair...

Unread 01-07-2020, 09:31 PM
MUFCOK

With him looking out of favour, I'd have Jorginho from Chelsea. He'd be great for us in front of the back 4 in a midfield 3 with Bruno and Pogba

Unread 01-07-2020, 09:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
With him looking out of favour, I'd have Jorginho from Chelsea. He'd be great for us in front of the back 4 in a midfield 3 with Bruno and Pogba
They refused to let Juve buy him, so I’m not sure he’s surplus. Also, hasn’t he been a large part of their defensive struggles since he arrived?

Unread 02-07-2020, 02:07 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Yes. He's also absolutely shit.
He reminds me of the Carlos Alberto Parreira quote about Ortega.....“I like a player who makes fire,” he said. “Ortega makes smoke.”

Unread 02-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
He reminds me of the Carlos Alberto Parreira quote about Ortega.....“I like a player who makes fire,” he said. “Ortega makes smoke.”
Ortega could've joined United on a year loan (Dec '97 to Dec '98) from Valencia with an option to buy. But Fergie and the club baulked at having to pay most of his wages and a £1 million loan fee.

Unread 02-07-2020, 09:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Ortega could've joined United on a year loan (Dec '97 to Dec '98) from Valencia with an option to buy. But Fergie and the club baulked at having to pay most of his wages and a £1 million loan fee.
Remember him and Salas were consistently linked with us around that time.

Unread 02-07-2020, 09:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Good shout on Edouard. My mate there raves about him. Just as he did about Van Dijk and Dembele previously. Not sure about Morelos but he does bang them in and can imagine the lols when we play him against the scouse. Just seen that Napoli are interested.

Unread 02-07-2020, 10:54 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Good shout on Edouard. My mate there raves about him. Just as he did about Van Dijk and Dembele previously. Not sure about Morelos but he does bang them in and can imagine the lols when we play him against the scouse. Just seen that Napoli are interested.

I think everytime I've watched them[SIZE="2"]* he's been sent off. Love a mad bastard tbh, get him in.

[SIZE="1"]*About twice when literally £#%&! all else on...

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Remember him and Salas were consistently linked with us around that time.
We didn't manage too badly without them tbf.

Unread 02-07-2020, 10:49 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We didn't manage too badly without them tbf.
Could've done with them that 1997/98 season

The squad lacked quality in depth

Unread 03-07-2020, 09:40 PM
dunk

Unread 03-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Switching Off

Castles reckons we've agreed personal terms. Now just need to negotiate like children for 3 months and he'll sign.

Unread 03-07-2020, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Castles reckons we've agreed personal terms. Now just need to negotiate like children for 3 months and he'll sign.
Another chance for Agent Woodward to show his unique "skills"

Unread 03-07-2020, 11:56 PM
waynes ear's

Overrated

Unread 04-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Only seen little bits of him for England and he was very quiet.

Is he any good ?

Unread 05-07-2020, 10:14 PM
dunk

Closed Thread