United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:36 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah lets keep the actual virus stuff in this thread

Having a separate one to discuss the political fallout is actually a good idea IMO.

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:37 PM
armchair

I only closed the other thread because it was too big not because their was politics on it.

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I only closed the other thread because it was too big not because their was politics on it.
I know, but still think two threads isn't a bad idea.

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:43 PM
measlyshark

The problem is that the two issues, virus and politics, are inextricably linked now.

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:47 PM
My Name is Heath

So.....Sky News saying France, Italy and Spain are all doing better than us in flattening the curve.

Is that nonsense or legit?

Is Scar right in saying that we are expecting a huge wave 2 later in the year?

Getting a bit worried again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Happy if mods merge the 2 then - to make things easier?

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
So.....Sky News saying France, Italy and Spain are all doing better than us in flattening the curve.

Said a few pages back that i think we'll get 3 waves. Don't think they'll be bigger (infection wise) but the 3rd one i mentioned could be a lot higher in deaths.

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:59 PM
est.1878

All those 50+ that have had it in wave one must be feeling pretty smug about the rest of the covid season. An aldi super power, can kick back and relax whilst everyone else nervously drags their feet back to work

Unread 26-05-2020, 06:59 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

Below is a comparison of excess mortality from the countries mentioned; the score is a statistical calculation based upon the variation in normal excess mortality. Data comes from government bodies so it's official.

Fairly self-explantory.

Fat Al has it right in terms of new waves....IMO.

Unread 26-05-2020, 08:06 PM
ScarFace

Quote:

The actual quote from the nurse, when discussing how eerie the hospital was as it was so empty..."I shouldn't be telling you this but we've been put on red alert that in August we're going to have a massive influx of Corona cases, lasting until November."

She better be talking out of her arse. Im sick of all this shite now.