United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:58 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
No that's simply not possible. You must want eth sacked or you're a wum. Can't have nuance or polarising opinions while big ron is around!
Not WUM, troll.

Hth.

Unread 28-04-2024, 10:59 AM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
The sad thing is this one looked like working at one point - no, I'm not trying to claim a league cup as if it's like winning the league, but it was a great start for him, that and reaching the FA Cup Final, and of course qualifying for the champions league. I honestly thought we were back up and running, without getting carried away.

It's baffling how utterly shit it's all turned out.
The 7-0 at Anfield cannot be underestimated.

It was a sackable offence despite the good work being done up to that point.

The club hasn’t recovered properly since, a proper humiliation that was and exposed the side massively.

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:08 AM
believe

That’s the bit I don’t get, do we keep him for another five years letting him spend 200 million a year on players he wants but then turn out to be a bit shit or unable to play his “system” just to battle for 4th every season and win the odd cup just because we don’t like the other options?

We all thought the other options were right until they weren’t, it’s generally what happens at most clubs around the world. It also seems to me that the longer we keep him the bigger the mess he’ll leave for the next man to clean up.

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
That’s the bit I don’t get, do we keep him for another five years letting him spend 200 million a year on players he wants but then turn out to be a bit shit or unable to play his “system” just to battle for 4th every season and win the odd cup just because we don’t like the other options?

We all thought the other options were right until they weren’t, it’s generally what happens at most clubs around the world. It also seems to me that the longer we keep him the bigger the mess he’ll leave for the next man to clean up.
We didn't ? Moyes FFS

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:15 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
We didn't ? Moyes FFS
We all wanted it to be right and the club told us it was the right decision until it wasn’t. He lasted less than a year

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:54 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
6.5/10 first season = winning silverware, reaching finals, playing some of the best football we’ve played in over a decade? I’ve read it all now.

Can anyone give just one genuine reason as to why they want Erik Ten Hag sacked?
Quote:

In no way am I actually saying this season has been a success or that I’ve enjoyed the football. I haven’t, but people just ignore the above two points and carry on with this idea that everyone who disagrees with them is a wum.
you are clearly on a wind up.

the two reasons you give for keeping ETH are both very valid and I agree with them. but neither of them are based on ETHs own credentials for the job.

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:56 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
We all wanted it to be right and the club told us it was the right decision until it wasn’t. He lasted less than a year
We reacted with absolute shock and horror when we first heard the decision.

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:56 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
I genuinely don’t think he should be sacked for two reasons;

1) The names being thrown around as his potential successor do absolutely nothing to make me think ‘Yeah, this guy would do a good job here!” In fact they just make me think we’ll be here in a year or two having the exact same arguments and discussions on here.

2) We’ve gone through this cycle multiple times since Ferguson left and it’s got us nowhere. I thought LVG deserved more time, and to be honest, despite disliking Mourinho, he deserved to see things through for another season. Everything he called out about certain players, and the structure at the club, is exactly the same as what we say on here. Ole? I’m not convinced he had what it took, as he veered too much into yes man territory (imo).

In no way am I actually saying this season has been a success or that I’ve enjoyed the football. I haven’t, but people just ignore the above two points and carry on with this idea that everyone who disagrees with them is a wum.

I won’t bother discussing this further, as I’m expecting the usual replies and it’s pointless engaging with them.

Thanks.
This is where I’m with it as well

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:58 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
you are clearly on a wind up.

the two reasons you give for keeping ETH are both very valid and I agree with them. but neither of them are based on ETHs own credentials for the job.
“This season”

Unread 28-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Jethro

Quote:
I genuinely don’t think he should be sacked for two reasons;

1) The names being thrown around as his potential successor do absolutely nothing to make me think ‘Yeah, this guy would do a good job here!” In fact they just make me think we’ll be here in a year or two having the exact same arguments and discussions on here.

2) We’ve gone through this cycle multiple times since Ferguson left and it’s got us nowhere. I thought LVG deserved more time, and to be honest, despite disliking Mourinho, he deserved to see things through for another season. Everything he called out about certain players, and the structure at the club, is exactly the same as what we say on here. Ole? I’m not convinced he had what it took, as he veered too much into yes man territory (imo).

I won’t bother discussing this further, as I’m expecting the usual replies and it’s pointless engaging with them.

Thanks.
Post. The key is not letting the players who think they have power get away with shenanigans.

Unread 28-04-2024, 01:36 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Post. The key is not letting the players who think they have power get away with shenanigans.
They do have the power.

Unread 28-04-2024, 01:54 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
They do have the power.
Then the club needs to ensure that it rests with the grown-ups in the squad, and not the childlike Rashford, Shaw, martial and Sanchos.

Ned is right in what he said. We should have stuck with van Gaal and mourinho longer. When Klopp finally got Liverpool challenging for trophies, he was in his 4th season and had only 2 players that he inherited in his first eleven.

We all know the club is a mess. Has been for more than a decade. And yes, this season has been a nightmare for loads of reasons, all already made on this thread, but I’m still of the view that we need to take a longer view, clear out the injury prone, over the hollers and disruptive children, bring in young replacements by transfer while also continuing to being through the wealth of young talent we have at the club, and we will be fine.

To do otherwise will set us back another couple of years.

Unread 28-04-2024, 01:58 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Then the club needs to ensure that it rests with the grown-ups in the squad, and not the childlike Rashford, Shaw, martial and Sanchos.

Ned is right in what he said. We should have stuck with van Gaal and mourinho longer. When Klopp finally got Liverpool challenging for trophies, he was in his 4th season and had only 2 players that he inherited in his first eleven.

We all know the club is a mess. Has been for more than a decade. And yes, this season has been a nightmare for loads of reasons, all already made on this thread, but I’m still of the view that we need to take a longer view, clear out the injury prone, over the hollers and disruptive children, bring in young replacements by transfer while also continuing to being through the wealth of young talent we have at the club, and we will be fine.

So will keeping Erik,sorry I can never start to bury that Anfield annihilation until we have a new manager in place

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:03 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
So will keeping Erik,sorry I can never start to bury that Anfield annihilation until we have a new manager in place
The players let him down bug time that day. One or two in particular. It was a disaster, but Fergie got hammered 5-1 by a mediocre city team away, and 6-2 by a better one at home, and we managed to come back from it.

With an injury ravaged team this season, we’ve drawn with the scouse away, best them in the cup, and would have won against them at Old Trafford, had we not been cheated out of it by the officials.

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
I was at one point but not now. The argument - the alternatives are no better and we've done it before and it doesn't work - are a a bit too straw man for me. ETH needs to be judged on what he's done and not on what could/couldn't happen if he is fired.

The level of football we are seeing now - injuries or not - as well the in-game management just can't be excused. Don't see how we can go into next season like this and expect it to get better.

Like everyone I'd like some stability so I'd have no problem being proven wrong, but I feel we've already crossed the Rubicon on this.

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:08 PM
marlo

Quote:

With an injury ravaged team this season, we’ve drawn with the scouse away, best them in the cup, and would have won against them at Old Trafford, had we not been cheated out of it by the officials.
wow we drew with Liverpool away? What an accomplishment just wow!

the ETH gang are embarrassing.

It’s not the injuries that have made this season an embarrassment. It’s the poor game management, the lack of coaching etc
We are outplayed and beaten by teams with inferior players to the teams we actually put out. This negates the injuries issue

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:10 PM
croady26

I genuinely think Tuchel could be a good fit for INEOS as they will allow him to just coach,although people have valid concerns about his results in league games.

Look if it doesn't work out with him or whoever is the next manager at least we will have a proper structure in place. Hopefully get rid of these only sack when can’t qualify for Champions League clauses.

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:25 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
wow we drew with Liverpool away? What an accomplishment just wow!

the ETH gang are embarrassing.

It’s not the injuries that have made this season an embarrassment. It’s the poor game management, the lack of coaching etc
We are outplayed and beaten by teams with inferior players to the teams we actually put out. This negates the injuries issue
I get it. Context isn’t your thing.

Nobody said it was some amazing accomplishment. I used it, along with the other two games, which you weren’t able to add to your brain thinkings at the same time as the draw thought, show his progress against them only.

Now stop following me around the forum and making me want to do a cry.

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Nobody said it was some amazing accomplishment. I used it, along with the other two games, which you weren’t able to add to your brain thinkings at the same time as the draw thought, show his progress against them only.

Stay strong brother, there's more of us than you think....

#TheQuieterMajority

Unread 28-04-2024, 02:57 PM
NedKelly

Cool

Quote:
Stay strong brother, theres more of us out there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
No that's simply not possible. You must want eth sacked or you're a wum. Can't have nuance or polarising opinions while big ron is around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Quote:

Quote:
The players let him down bug time that day. One or two in particular. It was a disaster, but Fergie got hammered 5-1 by a mediocre city team away, and 6-2 by a better one at home, and we managed to come back from it.

Quote:

Quote:
Stay strong brother, there's more of us than you think....

#TheQuieterMajority