Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
The nerve of you to say that…
Oh so now you say this.

After I’ve been screaming the same for the last two years. Bruno does not play football the way it is suppose to be played. He plays it like basketball.

but nevertheless him as a third midfielder just spamming through balls and late lampard style runs into the box is better than him out wide to play a slow and clumsy donkey in the no10.
I’ve been saying since his first season you self important halfwit.

Of course it will be completely lost on you that the reason Wout plays is he does the things Bruno can’t/won’t in that position.

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
For someone who’s apparently playing a different sport he’s done pretty well this season. Weird.
failing to see a point here .

I’ve said he is playing well.

Weird!

Unread 08-03-2023, 04:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve been saying since his first season you self important halfwit.

Of course it will be completely lost on you that the reason Wout plays is he does the things Bruno can’t/won’t in that position.

Unread 11-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Tremendous 👍

Unread 11-03-2023, 12:30 PM
Pop

What passion! He's hoping its secured him his dream move to Anfield

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:12 AM
marlo

18 appearances. 2 goals.

from the striker we signed the January. striker.

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

18 appearances, 12 wins, 4 draws

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:23 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
18 appearances, 12 wins, 4 draws
And 367 posts by Marlo. Incredible return tbf.

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Worth signing him just for that tbh

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:39 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 20-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Marlo ain't wrong though is he? I mean I get why we signed him, take-over, no money, blah blah blah, and I do see the good stuff that he does on the pitch. But lets all be honest, If we start next season with him as our number 9 we will all be fuming. He has great character and great heart, works hard, lays the ball off nicely occasionally, but he has zero goal scoring instincts, would lose a foot race to Harry Maguire and generally allows the opposition centre backs to be very comfortable when we are in possession.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Marlo ain't wrong though is he? I mean I get why we signed him, take-over, no money, blah blah blah, and I do see the good stuff that he does on the pitch. But lets all be honest, If we start next season with him as our number 9 we will all be fuming. He has great character and great heart, works hard, lays the ball off nicely occasionally, but he has zero goal scoring instincts, would lose a foot race to Harry Maguire and generally allows the opposition centre backs to be very comfortable when we are in possession.
I don’t think anyone disagrees that having him start as our no 9 season would be very disappointing, but it’s almost certainly not going to happen. So it seems a bit weird to the point of obsession to try and shoehorn a reference to him in every single post or thread. We get it, you think he’s shit. Probably not necessary to go into the other games thread and post “oooh, a striker who scores goals eh, nice luxury” ad infinitum.

Would take issue with him allowing the opposition centre backs to be comfortable when we’re in possession though. Maybe check out how many goals have been scored and how many chances have been created while he’s on the pitch. Pretty sure they wouldn’t describe themselves as comfortable, other than a couple of exceptions

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Jethro

He's not starting next season as our main No.9 you dolt

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:16 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s not starting as our No 9 next season ffs. He likely won’t be here or if he is he’ll be 4th choice.

People’s failure/refusal to acknowledge that’s he’s a stop gap while we sell the club is silly.

And he’s only playing as much because Martial is a £#%&!ing fart. Weggy putting him to shame by simply being available and working hard.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
I don’t think anyone disagrees that having him start as our no 9 season would be very disappointing, but it’s almost certainly not going to happen. So it seems a bit weird to the point of obsession to try and shoehorn a reference to him in every single post or thread. We get it, you think he’s shit. Probably not necessary to go into the other games thread and post “oooh, a striker who scores goals eh, nice luxury” ad infinitum.

Would take issue with him allowing the opposition centre backs to be comfortable when we’re in possession though. Maybe check out how many goals have been scored and how many chances have been created while he’s on the pitch. Pretty sure they wouldn’t describe themselves as comfortable, other than a couple of exceptions
This. In the Mitrovic thread, apparently he’d have been a better stop gap than Wout No shit. He’d have also cost about £70m ffs.

The inability to grasp that Wout is the cheapest of the cheap, available gap in the team filler until summer is startling.

Were Martial not perma-injured, he’d be on the bench and providing cameos rather than starting 18 consecutive games.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:19 AM
shenwen

Agree with all of the above and Marlo has lost his head over this...but, he really is a £#%&!ing shit striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. In the Mitrovic thread, apparently he’d have been a better stop gap than Wout No shit. He’d have also cost about £70m ffs.

The inability to grasp that Wout is the cheapest of the cheap, available gap in the team filler until summer is startling.

Were Martial not perma-injured, he’d be on the bench and providing cameos rather than starting 18 consecutive games.
That was me. And he would. I wasn't talking price. I was talking ability to score goals. It was a hypothetical.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:24 AM
Jethro

Still got a huge goal in him imo. Cup final type nonsense.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Ethers

He’s got a far better record than Forlan did at the start of his United career, and yet he’s looked back on by many as a cult hero.

Even if we finish this season with just the one trophy and top 4, Weggy will have been a great signing. There’s just no way we would be in this position without him, there were no other options available. Certainly nobody who would have been able to play as often as he has.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree with all of the above and Marlo has lost his head over this...but, he really is a £#%&!ing shit striker.

That was me. And he would. I wasn't talking price. I was talking ability to score goals. It was a hypothetical.
So would Kane imo.

Not a dig at you, more at the general attitude to why Wout is here. Anybody who would’ve been a better option either wasn’t available, too expensive or would’ve had to be bought, which we don’t want as they wouldn’t be a long term solution.

When you want a striker to perform a specific role for 6 months, options are severely limited.

Unread 20-03-2023, 11:28 AM
Coracao

Benni McCarthy would be a bigger goal threat.
Closed Thread